Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
April 24 - May 3. We fly to WDW in 99 days!
Have an awesome honeymoon.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
marshmeloh
Ev'rybody has a Laughing Place... mine is WDW!!!

Hi All!

We'll be honeymooning Oct 10 to 17 for food and wine. We rented some Dvc points and are spending 6 nights at old key west and our last night in a savannah view studio in Kidani village at ak.

For dinners we are thinking v&a, sanaa, California grill, ohanas, 50s prime time (its a childhood connection thing for my fiancee...trying to talk him out of it), and well be doing party of the senses (if we reserve in time). Well probably do light lunches and breakfast in our kitchenette most days (except we NEED to do kona).

Looking forward to wishes on the beach at poly and California grill observation deck and renting boats and also doing some fishing. We also planned for Oct (even with a July wedding) to relish in the food and wine festival since were big foodies.

We live in Brooklyn and don't need apartment stuff so were doing a honeymoon registry with travelers joy... any suggestions much appreciated!

Happy honeymooning all!
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #18
Jokers Girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Couturier View Post
I'll be Disneymooning Sept 22-29, staying at WL CL in one of the Honeymoon Suites! We WILL be wearing the Bride and Groom ears and the "Just Married" buttons!
Have you already gotten your buttons??? If so where/how? I keep hearing that they are discontinuing them and I would like to get a set before they are all gone! We will be there Sept 30-Oct 6 on our Disneymoon!
Jokers Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #19
CMwannabe
Earning My Ears

We are going August 12th through the 17th, staying at Pop and doing the DDDP

CMwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #20
Jesobelle
Earning My Ears

Although technically our 'honeymoon' is Jamaica straight after the wedding in April, we're having a 'DisneyMoon' on August 2nd-16th. The wedding itself is at home in the UK, but has a bit of Disney theming where I could get away with it, including hidden Mickeys in the stationary, and a few Disney touches to the cake. I wanted Dole Whips but it would have cost at least $1000 to import soft-serve mix and hire a machine!

It will be my 3rd time to WDW, having rekindled the Disney bug by marrying into a Mickey-obsessed family! We're staying with the in-laws in a 2 bed villa at OKW.

In terms of special experiences, I'd like to try an organise a private dinner like is described on disboards com/ showthread.php? t=3015826 (sorry I'm new, so can't post link)

Not sure what else. Any ideas?

I am just looking forward to wearing bride ears! I would also like to get a pin but I'm not sure how to do it.

I'm disabled so thinking of renting an ECV - I may even make a 'On DisneyMoon' sign to hang from the back!
Jesobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #21
fadingjamie
Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesobelle View Post
Although technically our 'honeymoon' is Jamaica straight after the wedding in April, we're having a 'DisneyMoon' on August 2nd-16th. The wedding itself is at home in the UK, but has a bit of Disney theming where I could get away with it, including hidden Mickeys in the stationary, and a few Disney touches to the cake. I wanted Dole Whips but it would have cost at least $1000 to import soft-serve mix and hire a machine!

It will be my 3rd time to WDW, having rekindled the Disney bug by marrying into a Mickey-obsessed family! We're staying with the in-laws in a 2 bed villa at OKW.

In terms of special experiences, I'd like to try an organise a private dinner like is described on disboards com/ showthread.php? t=3015826 (sorry I'm new, so can't post link)

Not sure what else. Any ideas?

I am just looking forward to wearing bride ears! I would also like to get a pin but I'm not sure how to do it.

I'm disabled so thinking of renting an ECV - I may even make a 'On DisneyMoon' sign to hang from the back!
Congratulations! I hear you on rekindling your interest in Disney by marrying into a Disney-loving family! I went once in high school for grad night and hated it.. didn't understand the big deal.

I'm no help on the private dinners but you could always just find a more intimate dining experience in the more upscale restaurants.

As for the pin, you can get them at the check-in desk or guest services in the parks. I love your idea of the Disneymoon sign too!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip), Upcoming: August 2015 Quick trip to DLR then WDW @ CSR
fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
Stbissell
Mouseketeer

Disneymooning 8/19-8/26. Rented points and staying at Boardwalk with a Boardwalk view.

Dinners: V&A's (surprise) Le Cellier, Teppan Edu, Via Napoli, Spirit of Aloha, BOG and the Palm in Universal (also a surprise we eat there after we got engaged in Philly). We will just wing the rest of our meals. We have the DDP so we'll end up eating more than what we are use to.

Night life: we plan on going to Jellyrolls and that other pub (name escapes me not ESPN) at the Boardwalk, Raglan Road and City Walk after IOA. Also, we want to spend a night just relaxing in EPCOT after an early dinner listening to the ban in The UK. generally, we'll just wing it the other nights.

Looking for a couple additional surprises. Can anyone give me some good info on the wishes cruises and the behind the scenes park tours. Not interested in the horse and carriage ride at POR. We got engaged on a carriage ride around the historic park in Philly. POR cannot match. Also, have no interest in parasailing or daytime boat rides. Really just looking for suggestions for the things I was already thinking about. Any help would be great.
Stbissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #23
fadingjamie
Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

Nevermind. I answered my own question.

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip), Upcoming: August 2015 Quick trip to DLR then WDW @ CSR
fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
jkramer
Mouseketeer

Our disneymoon will be at the Dolphin from April 20-April 28.

We will be wearing our wedding ears the entire time (his idea not mine!)

I think the only thing extra special we have planned (other than a nice dinner at Shula's) is hopefully to get a spot at a Wishes dessert party!
jkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkramer View Post
Our disneymoon will be at the Dolphin from April 20-April 28.

We will be wearing our wedding ears the entire time (his idea not mine!)

I think the only thing extra special we have planned (other than a nice dinner at Shula's) is hopefully to get a spot at a Wishes dessert party!
Congrats jkramer. Please let me know how Shula's is. Not sure whether to go there or Yachtsman Steakhouse.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #26
gamberlane
Earning My Ears

Disneymooning April 22-27th (well, we arrive the 20th but I can't call it a honeymoon when the wedding's not until the 22nd I'd suppose!)

We're having our reception dinner at Citricos (mostly because the California Grille is closed for renovations, boo). We're having lunch at Le Cellier one day, my FAVORITE, and a dinner with the in-laws at Narcoossees mid-week, and we have a reservation Friday night for Be Our Guest. It will be my first time at Be Our Guest so I am excited about that!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #27
FedeandMaia
Earning My Ears

Honey Moon

We are going in oct 27, spend some days at the parks and after that we are going to DCL Fantasy 7 nights on the eastern caribbean!!!

FedeandMaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #28
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney

We will be at Disney World for our wedding/honeymoon from Aug 28 to Sep 15, 2013 with a 4 night cruise on the Disney Dream on Sept 8 I am so excited! We plan on splitting our stay there at BW and BLT.

I am planning on making some breakfast and dinner reservations (that way we have free time to relax we also want to go to universal and discovery cove (not officially planned). I'm also hoping to surprise my future hubby with a few events while we are there (wild Africa trek, couples massage, and parasailing on Castaway Cay)!

I am so excited, I wish it was August already!!!!!
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,

DisneyCP08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #29
DaughterOfTriton
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

Hi, everyone! My fiance and I are honeymooning at the end of June...not my ideal time for a Disney trip but I'm a teacher and have to wait until we finish up the school year. (We're getting married in May)

We are staying for 8 nights, 9 days at POR Riverside. It's our first time staying there Originally I wanted the Polynesian but it's way too $$$ and we're in the middle of buying a house. We've also never been to DW together so we're super excited

So far our planned things are: park hoppers for trip to maximize our time there, two days traveling to Universal (I'm a huge HP fan!) and reservations at Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, Kona, Narcoossee's and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

I'm glad someone started a thread for the 2013 Disneymooners. I hope everyone has a wonderful wedding and enjoys their honeymoon!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
scottashackleton
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas with a Boardwalk view from September 29-October 7 and then hopefully switching over to Bay Lake Tower and staying there from October 7-October 12, for a total of 13 nights.

We know we will be eating at California Grill where we were engaged, getting a couples massage at Senses, drinking champagne in France, and going to spend a day at Discovery Cove.

My fiance and I are DVC members with annual passes, so we kind of come and go from the parks for a few hours at a time, and I think this trip we will spend more time relaxing then we usually do!!!
scottashackleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: