Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Asc341
Mouseketeer

4 day DCL trip or 4 days in WDW?

I'm planning a short mother/daughter trip in lieu of a bachelorette party for myself. I live in NYC and mom lives in Southern Florida, figured a 4 night getaway somewhere near her would be lovely. We all (including DH-to be) just went to WDW for a week last year, and this year has been so stressful, I really just want to relax but also have some Disney magic. My fiance and I did a really short "just stay at the hotel and relax" trip to WDW, and it totally didn't work - we caved and spent half of our time in the parks. Couldn't resist the pull!

We've never done a Disney cruise, and while a 4 day cruise seemed like the perfect alternative - I'm wondering if 4 days is really too short to be relaxing. Seems like a lot of moving around, flying down to Port Canaveral, meeting mom, parking her car, boarding the ship, two days at port, one day at sea, off the boat and back on a plane to NY.

Having said that, the hot tubs, spa, and idea of sipping wine off our room's verandah sounds amazing!

I don't know how I convinced myself that going to a tropical paradise will be stressful, but I'd love advice from people who have done it! Thanks!
Asc341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Whether you cruise or go to WDW, you will still have a plane flight so I wouldn't worry about the flight, meeting Mom, and parking and just focus on the fact that a DCL cruise is luxurious and relaxing. It is comparable to and even exceeds a stay at a WDW deluxe resort. The entertainment and amenities are amazing. You can be as busy or relaxed as you want. My DH and I just got back from a 9 night stay in Florida: three nights at our DD's, three nights on a Carnival cruise, and three nights at AKL. Our three nights onboard were soooo relaxing. We did what was interesting to us and ate on our own time schedule. Though Carnival didn't compare to the luxury of our DCL cruise three months ago, we still had a great time.
You and your Mom will not regret cruising. Enjoy that wine on your verandah! - your Mom can bring a few bottles with her in a carryon!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, relaxation, undecided

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: