Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

My AC is on today. I am not hormonal at all, but it got to 75 in my house and here in NC, it can feel warmer than that when it is humid. Yes, it was humid yesterday outside and will be again today. I washed my car and was sweating pretty good. I set it at 73 so it has only kicked on a few times, but enough to keep me from being uncomfortable. I do 71 in winter, 73 in summer, but that's just me. 80 with our high humidity would be like hell.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #17
smkohn
Mouseketeer

I'm always freezing! My dad turned our air on yesterday before he left. Only problem is it was only 50 degrees yesterday! He didn't tell anybody and I kept thinking "man, it's cold in here." I thought it was just me though. Finally thought it can't just be me, its much colder than normal in here. Went and checked the thermostat and it was 60 in the house. I hate the cold, so I don't like our air on until it hits a pretty high temperature.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #18
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
My AC is on today. I am not hormonal at all, but it got to 75 in my house and here in NC, it can feel warmer than that when it is humid. Yes, it was humid yesterday outside and will be again today. I washed my car and was sweating pretty good. I set it at 73 so it has only kicked on a few times, but enough to keep me from being uncomfortable. I do 71 in winter, 73 in summer, but that's just me. 80 with our high humidity would be like hell.
Exactly. We lived in coastal NC for a few years while DH was active duty. I actually thought it was slightly more comfortable there than our Louisiana weather. Right now, our humidity is over 70%. Lots and lots of rain this past week (and some more today, whoopee!), so that is definitely a factor. At least the temps are dropping. I may have to move north for my golden years. I can't take this weather.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Are you kidding me? It was 70 degrees and you turned your A/C on? Even in the middle of the summer ours is not on until it is at least 80.
Same here. 70's is paradise to me.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

We have the thermostat set at 70 for the winter, but sometimes it does get cold in here. We have laminate floors above a cement-floor basement so sometimes I think that contributes to being cold. DH isn't cold because he wears his winter coat and knit cap inside the house when he comes home from work. I love it cold in the summer; we argue about how cold to keep it.
I just dress in layers in the house so I can rip them off or add them back as needed. But honestly sometimes I feel like Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite. I just want to shave my hair off because I get headsweats....
The worst place has got to be work though. It starts out a nice 68 or 69 degrees (I'm the first one in usually...) but after lunch it has been up to 79.6!
I wear shortsleeves all year round to work...no matter how cold it is outside.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #21
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

If you don't like the weather in Louisiana, just wait a minute. It is a not-so-balmy 45 degrees now. Humidity is still high, but maybe that'll clear out tomorrow. Weatherman says he can't rule out wintry precipitation. The stores are sure to run out of basic necessities by morning, rofl. For the record, I'm not hot anymore.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
If you don't like the weather in Louisiana, just wait a minute. It is a not-so-balmy 45 degrees now. Humidity is still high, but maybe that'll clear out tomorrow. Weatherman says he can't rule out wintry precipitation. The stores are sure to run out of basic necessities by morning, rofl. For the record, I'm not hot anymore.
Hi fellow Louisianian! Yesterday was so warm and it's mighty chilly today with the rain and wind. We're supposed to see sunshine on Wednesday. I've kind of forgotten what the sun looks like.
On the bright side, my husband is a farmer and he and his workers are taking off this coming week because the fields are wet. YAY! I get my husband at home for another whole week
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Well being from southwest Louisiana- I can appreciate the fact that you had the AC on. Mine was on all day yesterday! I set the AC to 70 in the summer. (and most of the rest of the year too! LOL) I cannot stand to be hot!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Oh I am so ther with you !
I'm in perimenopause and am always hot. DH is from Southernern Cal and is always cold here in the Winter. This weekend he has a cold and has been freezing ! I didn't turn the A/C on but had the doors and windows open. The cats and I were happy
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

I opened the door this morning and left it that way until DH closed it this afternoon. He eventually realized I had the ceiling fan going and turned it off. Bad things could happen to him when he sleeps. But you didn't hear it from me. 🙉 This must be the beginning. I'll talk to my doctor at my next appointment. Blah!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Okay I was just joking earlier. State Police have issued a winter weather driving advisory. Now I know why the grocery stores were crazy. So if you live in north Louisiana (I know there are a few of us), keep an eye on things.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #27
MickeyManiac
Mouseketeer

You've all convinced me...I'm moving to Lousiana. It's a whopping 4 degrees outside right now. Brrrrr
MickeyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
I swear, if DH looks at me with that face again, I'm going to thump him. It is 70 degrees outside and I had to fight to get the AC on today. And don't even get me started on the whining about the ceiling fan. I am burning up in this house (in a t-shirt and shorts) while DH and the kiddos are walking around in hoodies. They're comfortable. I'm sweating. Yes, I realize I'm the odd one here. This must be some sort of "approaching middle age, hormone thing". Where is that fainting smiley when you need it? I'm really glad cooler temps are in the forecast for tomorrow.
Are you serious? It just shows how different people are. I'm freezing when it's 70° in the house. I try my hardest not to turn the heat on, but sometimes I just have to. Our A/C is set to come on when the house is 78° and sometimes that's too cold for me.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #29
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Are you serious? It just shows how different people are. I'm freezing when it's 70° in the house. I try my hardest not to turn the heat on, but sometimes I just have to. Our A/C is set to come on when the house is 78° and sometimes that's too cold for me.
I know. In all honesty, 70 is not that bad. BUT, the humidity was really high throughout the last part of the week, and yesterday was certainly no exception. That makes it feel much worse. And I'm convinced I'm going through some "changes", which isn't helping. Tonight, the temp in the house probably isn't much different than yesterday. The difference is the weather outside. It is MUCH cooler.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Hi fellow Louisianian! Yesterday was so warm and it's mighty chilly today with the rain and wind. We're supposed to see sunshine on Wednesday. I've kind of forgotten what the sun looks like.
On the bright side, my husband is a farmer and he and his workers are taking off this coming week because the fields are wet. YAY! I get my husband at home for another whole week
Is all this rain hurting the crops? I'm not sure what part of the state you're in (I'm northeast), but I know the entire northern part of the state has been hit with some major precipitation the last several days. And yes, I've forgotten what the sun looks like too. I do miss it. I'm sure my puppies are wishing it would dry out a bit too. Meanwhile, the kids are hoping and praying we get out of school tomorrow with frozen roads. I teach in a very rural parish, so I'm thinking I may have a short day tomorrow if any precipitation falls in the early hours of the day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: