Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot

My family eats it so fast it barely gets a chance to melt! We always customize. 2 of us love mint ice cream but it ruins the sundae so we learned not to get it. Also, we don't care for coffee ice cream. You can make any changes you want.

We are a family of 5, 2 early 20's boys and a teen girl. We love getting the kitchen sink and none goes to waste.
I am SO looking forward to this!!! My boys are going to love it!!!! I think we'll leave out the mint & coffee, too. I agree, it sounds like it would ruin it as it melts.

I just can't decide if we want to eat there first. I'm thinking if we do we might be too full for the ice cream!!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
dsnymomof4
DIS Veteran

This was the one thing DD14 wanted to do on our trip last week. Finally, on our last night we made it to B&C - around 9:00pm. Had to wait 30 minutes for a table. We debated whether or not to actually order it, since it was only me, dd14, dd11 and dd5 - we knew we would not be able to finish it and DDs did not like a lot of the toppings. But our waiter was so nice and we were able to personalize it just the way we wanted - he even brought toppings out on the sie that DD11 wanted but nobody else did. It was a lot of fun and DD5 was just astonished at how "humungous" it was! And, to my amazement - we put quite a dent in the sink - not quite finished, but we ate quite a bit of it! I would definitely do it again!

July 2002: offsite(1st family trip); Aug 2004:Pop;July 2005:Pop; Dec 2005:All Star Sports/BWV;Aug 2006:Pop(free dining!); Dec 2006: BC(adults only);Apr 2007: SSR-Easter/DD9 birthday trip ; Oct 2007: SSR-MNSSHP/DD11 birthday trip;Apr 2008:BC/VWL-DS14 HS marching band@MK, 1st trip w/new babyooh:; Nov/Dec 2008: Pop; ESPN wknd 2009-DH 5K@DHS:BWV/Pop; Aug 2009:VB/Pop-Free Dining!; Jan 2010:GF; Nov 2010:BC;Apr 2012:BWV-Surprise Easter/DD14 birthday trip; Jan 2013:POR-Marathon/FD; June 2013: Surprise/school's out trip:VB/SSR/POR/BWV; Dec 2013:Pop FD extended family trip
dsnymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

"A WHOLE CAN???"
Didnt know i could swap out a flavor if ice cream. Hate mint. Good to know!
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #19
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I can't even finish a hoodsie. Lol! DS is not a big sweets eater. But DDIL might just bring us to the finish line! She loves her desserts. We have never tried this but we are at BWV late Feb for 10 days and I might suggest this!! Good to know we can customize it!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
amberlynn
Earning My Ears

Were a family of 6...Love the Kitchen Sink...We usually go around 3ish, never had a crowd problem! And NONE of us are usually in the mood for dinner that night LOL!
amberlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Well this might need to be said... while I'm sure they'll be fine some alterations, just maybe it'd be wise to keep in mind that at a certain point it stops being what's on the menu and they'd be within their rights to add an upcharge for things or say "enough is enough" when all of a sudden you've created your own dish.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #22
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot View Post
My family eats it so fast it barely gets a chance to melt! We always customize. 2 of us love mint ice cream but it ruins the sundae so we learned not to get it. Also, we don't care for coffee ice cream. You can make any changes you want.

We are a family of 5, 2 early 20's boys and a teen girl. We love getting the kitchen sink and none goes to waste.
We have 4 people and have no problem finishing it nor does it have a chance to melt. The secret is NOT to eat a meal first - the kitchen sink is the meal!

disney1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Just a tip for not having to wait forever at B&C - go right at opening and avoid later at night, around when Illuminations is letting out
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
We have 4 people and have no problem finishing it nor does it have a chance to melt. The secret is NOT to eat a meal first - the kitchen sink is the meal!
This is our stratedy too!
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #25
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I was going to mention, I don't think it matters what time of the year it is, certain times of the day there will always be a long wait. When we've gone it's usually anywhere between 2:30-4:30 (kind of like that off-peak lunch time) and the waits were minimal although we sit at the counter a lot.

The kitchen sink is great for a group or family who aren't "too" picky about what kind of ice cream they want and what they want on it and it is a novelty! Although you can omit some things, (my dd would only want chocolate ice cream and fudge, so it would never work for us, LOL!)

But, if you look at their menu you will see most of their sundaes, etc are in the $6.50-$8.50 range so it really is a good deal if you're a family/group of 4 or more.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
Merbean09
Mouseketeer

A great tip I got from my aunt (Disney lover!) is to order WITHOUT the whipped cream, by the time you get past it, the ice cream's started to melt.

Jordan - Daddy/Puts up with Disney fanatic of the same name

London- Son/Disney Fantic- in training
Merbean09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #27
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Yikes! If 5 of you couldn't finish it I'm going to be ashamed to admit it when four of us do!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
WE did it with 4 people:
2 adult girls 38 and 39
1 adult male
1 16 yo male
WE subbed out coffee ice cream for extra choc mint chip scoop which us girls got before male species could even think about it.
The guys ate everything except what us girls stole from sink. they went as far as using straws to suck up "juice". The poor kid was on sugar high so bad he was shaking and couldn't text for like an hour.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #28
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I agree with one of the PPs .... we left out the coffee ice cream also -- be aware that you can't eat it fast enough before it all starts to melt togeter a little .... so unless you want that flavor in with the others ....

I also have an allergy to tree nuts. Just tell them ahead of time ... they will remove anything with nuts.

See all the colored bowls down on the left side of the "sink"? They give you a bunch.

FYI - a couple of us don't care for whipped cream either ... not a problem ... they put the entire can on the side for you to use as you see fit.

B&C Stools by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

xBc by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

B&C KS1 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

B&C sundaes by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Can't remember where I saw it but Supposedly you can also get the kitchen sink deconstructed for those who don't want the stuff to mix and mush together and supposedly they really will change anything for you, So it's worth asking them.

We are planning on doing this in June, we are a party of 4 adults and two young kids so hopefully we will do ok. We will prob try and change the coffee Icecream and also take out any nuts as im allergic but hopefully they can put those on the side for the rest of the party. It does look amazing though .

phi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Oh My! That looks so good but I'm sure my family wouldn't be able to finish it. Might have to give it a try.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-Pop Century, 4/12 -Pop Century, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 ASM

TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 4/7 Dinner at Via Napoli!
livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: