Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
sandlsmom
Earning My Ears

I don't get it!

I wanted to get reservations for the April 26th cruise out of Galveston for the 4 of us using the Kids Sail Free discount and the only option is Deluxe Oceanview. We would personally rather save money for other stuff than have a window in our room.

If I put in 2 adults 1 child, I can get a cat 10 or 11 room which is what I wanted in the first place. All the rooms say they hold up to 4 people so why can't I get one for all 4 of us??? I had read before that sometimes there is an issue with the life boats but I checked room options on Costco and there were quite a few to pick from so I don't see how that can be the problem. It would even let me get 2 rooms each with 2 adults and 1 child (if in-laws go).

Anyone know what the deal is??
sandlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

They might be at capacity with kids.

This happened with the guarantee cabins on our next cruise. We had friends who wanted to go with us and they wanted a cabin for 4. Most of the verandah cabins sleep four, but they couldn't get a VGT for 4 - only for 3, which would have required them to book 2 cabins, which they didn't want to do. Eventually one opened up and they are now booked, but I think it had something to do with the distribution and number of kids on the ship.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

1) Not all rooms have three bed options (e.g., suitable for four)

2) There are fewer inside rooms than other types; your desired room type may be sold out

3) Even if not sold out, DCL may have sold enough of that room type that they don't want to offer KSF on that category.
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
ksucats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokelridesagain
1) Not all rooms have three bed options (e.g., suitable for four)

2) There are fewer inside rooms than other types; your desired room type may be sold out

3) Even if not sold out, DCL may have sold enough of that room type that they don't want to offer KSF on that category.
I don't think you read the OP correctly. I think it is likely a lifeboat situation and would recommend to keep checking for I to open up.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It could be several things.

First, DCL doesn't necessarily release all the available rooms on a KSF promotion. They may have made only certain rooms available.

While there are cat 10s and 11s that sleep 4, there are also those that sleep 3. So when you look at a category, that doesn't tell you how many can fit in a particular cabin...only that SOME rooms in the category hold up to 4. Go to DCL's site and see if you can book a 10 or 11 for 4 people without a KSF (try to put in 4 adults and see what happens). This will tell you whether the issue is the age/number of kids or whether it is people.

If it won't let you put in 4 adults, you still don't know if the problem is the particular rooms available or lifeboat stations, but at least you've gotten some info.

My suspicion is that there are no 4 person rooms in those categories left on the promotion.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I have been told before by my TA that they had sold all of the staterooms on the ship that they could for 5 people when I asked if someone could be added to our room. That didn't mean that our room couldn't hold 5 people or that there weren't any rooms available that COULD sleep 5 people. They likely have a maximum number of rooms that they will sell per cruise that sleep 4 people as well. This would tie into the lifeboat capacity as well.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

It's capacity control based on the location due to lifeboat's capacity.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: