Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

ANY Little Mermaid room discounts?

I know they are not included in the current Spring discount, not are they included in the 2 PIN numbers I have. AAA is checking for me but doesn't think they get a discount either. I don't necessarily need one, but am wanting to compare the discount, if any, to the other prices. Right now I can stay at a nicer moderate for the price of Mermaid, or the suite for way more than a moderate (huh?!).

Anyone have luck with discount for mermaid?
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
I know they are not included in the current Spring discount, not are they included in the 2 PIN numbers I have. AAA is checking for me but doesn't think they get a discount either. I don't necessarily need one, but am wanting to compare the discount, if any, to the other prices. Right now I can stay at a nicer moderate for the price of Mermaid, or the suite for way more than a moderate (huh?!).

No. They don't need a discount to fill those rooms.
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post

?..

So far, no luck on this end either....but I've about talked myself into something else, plus our group size is probably be an "awkward" 7...kinda makes it a bit more challenging to plan things....(a challenge that I look forward to though!)
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm a CM and I know for our consistent 50/40% off it is not included in those discounts but we do get the discounts on the suites.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I was all set to stay in a LM room next month since I will be solo and I am on a quest to stay at all of the resorts.

Then I realized that for $6 LESS I could stay at CBR..... So, I switched. I have since thought about the LM rooms and decided since those buildings were built when Pop was built, and therefore basically the same as Pop rooms, that I would hold off on my AoA stay until staying in a suite makes sense, or until I can stay in a LM room for the same amount as a Pop room.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

I'm assuming the reason why they don't discount the LM rooms is because they are having no trouble booking the rooms.

So until the 'new resort' aspect wears off, I doubt we will see LM discounts.

On the other hand, the AoA suites consume 7 buildings and probably have some availability. This would lead to a discount.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
disneydreamfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14 View Post
I'm assuming the reason why they don't discount the LM rooms is because they are having no trouble booking the rooms.

So until the 'new resort' aspect wears off, I doubt we will see LM discounts.

On the other hand, the AoA suites consume 7 buildings and probably have some availability. This would lead to a discount.
Absolutely!!! With there being only 3 blgs that have regular rooms and those rooms being all Little Mermaid theme, there is little to no need for Disney to offer discounts on them. The only reason Disney offers discounts are to benefit Disney!!! They have rooms empty?? They offer discounts!! LM rooms are always filled. I'm heading down in late May/early June. My 19 y/o dd has been hoping to stay in a LM room since she first heard about them. Well, there was absolutely no way I was paying for that room for the entire stay. I ended up booking Music for the first 5 days, and adding AoA/LM for the last two nights. Music is costing me about $87 a night/ $126 for a weekend night, LM is $173 for Sat night, $148 for Sunday night!!! That's just crazy!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

FYI, if you are a AAA member, I would check with them.
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

The Little Mermaid rooms are awesome! I recently stayed there and loved it. They certainly don't have trouble booking up these rooms. Here is a video I took of our room: http://youtu.be/H1Gnima3Abg
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: