Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

I was 5 months pregnant with twins on my first Disney cruise. Despite the fact that I looked way, way beyond 24 weeks pregnant, all of the CMs were very nice and no one questioned why I looked so gigantic. I felt great other than when I stood for too long or walked too far, though that was easy to plan around. Plenty of relaxing things to do! My biggest regret was paying for a couples massage. I thought that it would be a nice surprise for my husband, but unfortunately the two massage therapists were not educated in pregnancy massage at all. We were in this tiny room, and they kept me positioned on my back, needless to say, it was not what I hoped, though still worth a laugh with my DH. I'm a huge of fan of cruising with DCL pregnant or not. Pregnant, you can save money on drinks and have less guilt while eating for 2...or 3. Have fun!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom
I was 5 months pregnant with twins on my first Disney cruise. Despite the fact that I looked way, way beyond 24 weeks pregnant, all of the CMs were very nice and no one questioned why I looked so gigantic. I felt great other than when I stood for too long or walked too far, though that was easy to plan around. Plenty of relaxing things to do! My biggest regret was paying for a couples massage. I thought that it would be a nice surprise for my husband, but unfortunately the two massage therapists were not educated in pregnancy massage at all. We were in this tiny room, and they kept me positioned on my back, needless to say, it was not what I hoped, though still worth a laugh with my DH. I'm a huge of fan of cruising with DCL pregnant or not. Pregnant, you can save money on drinks and have less guilt while eating for 2...or 3. Have fun!
I'm sorry that happened to you; my BFF bought us a couples' massage on our MR last year and I made sure the spa knew ahead of time that I was pregnant. They had a pregnancy-trained masseuse ready for me.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

How funny. I completely forgot that I went on my Dream 2011 October cruise pregnant until I read this thread.

There was nothing special about being pregnant. They never asked for medical info, no one really noticed I was pregnant. I walked more carefully down the stairs, took elevators when I could (kids tend to run on the stairs and I didn't wanna fall down) and I took it really slow.

I definitely got my money's worth by eating waaaaaaay more than I normally can handle (that pregnancy appetite).

I was about 4-5 months pregnant I believe.

Also for Pirate's night, I got there early and pulled up a chair with my mom so that I could sit and watch the festivities and fireworks instead of crowding around and standing (risking ppl bumping into me, etc).

I cancelled my massage b/c although I noted on the reservation that I needed a pregnancy-trained masseuse, they were ambivalent about assigning me one. They told me at the reception that I just need to "remind" them at check in. No thanks. No risking wasting my own time or getting someone who wasn't trained.

Also skipped Aquaduck, for obvious reasons. That was a bummer. But I had done it before so wasn't too disappointed.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDry
I can't answer your question directly, but I suspect that quite a number of people have been pregnant when they got off their Disney cruise.
Put me on that list. It was right when the "Mommy calls him our little souvenir" commercial was out.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
joedfr
Earning My Ears

My one and only cruise was while I was about 16 weeks pregnant. The best part was that I didn't have to worry about sucking my stomach in after eating so much! Also saved money by not buying alcoholic drinks, although I did have a few of the non-alcoholic drinks of the day.

I used sea bands and brought along preggie pops to help with any potential sea sickness, but didn't really have any sickness while on board.

With two young kids with us, we went to bed pretty early each night (by 9pm), so we really took it easy. But I don't know if that would have been any different if I weren't pregnant!

Next cruise (April 20 from Galveston), no one is pregnant, so we are really looking forward to trying some of the night time activities.
joedfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBTomorrow View Post
Put me on that list. It was right when the "Mommy calls him our little souvenir" commercial was out.
LOL!!! I was pregnant when getting off of our honeymoon Disney Cruise back in 2005! I found out a few weeks after getting back home So we have a Disney baby!! I am hoping for another Disney "souvenir" on our upcoming cruise!

ME DH DSDisneyland(hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/05&12/05; Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05;WDW 2/04,6/05,5/12,10/14; Port Orleans Riverside 2/04&6/05;All Star Movies Resort 5/12;Coronado Springs 10/9/14;Caribbean Beach 10/1/15; Disney Wonder 6/05;Disney Dream 4/12;Disney Fantasy 10/18/14, 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Yes, many have.

Here is Disney's policy:

QuestionCan I sail if I am pregnant?
AnswerWomen who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of their embarkation date will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney Cruise Line cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...ety/pregnancy/

How will DCL know how many weeks preggo you are when you get onboard? Do they ask for a doctor's note??

ME DH DSDisneyland(hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/05&12/05; Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05;WDW 2/04,6/05,5/12,10/14; Port Orleans Riverside 2/04&6/05;All Star Movies Resort 5/12;Coronado Springs 10/9/14;Caribbean Beach 10/1/15; Disney Wonder 6/05;Disney Dream 4/12;Disney Fantasy 10/18/14, 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
How will DCL know how many weeks preggo you are when you get onboard? Do they ask for a doctor's note??
They don't know. They don't ask for a doctor's note. Now with that said, following the rules is for everyone's safety.

I cruised right at 23 weeks turning 24 towards the end. No one ever asked.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just your word. If you board the ship outside the time constraints and something happens, they are covered because you didn't abide by the conditions set by DCL (or other cruiselines, for that matter) for sailing.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #25
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
I read the title of this thread quickly and thought it said "Has anyone ever gotten a cruise pregnant?"

"I love Disney cruises so much I want to take them behind the middle school and get them pregnant!" - Tracy Jordan

Not on a cruise, but stayed for 17 nights in WDW 5 months pregnant x
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
*2015 - Old Key West

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!
Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Being my second pregnancy I was also showing pretty significantly, so we took advantage of the Shutters CD and had "maternity" pictures taken. While most of them could have been recreated on land had we not cruised, they also had me pose for the ones with Tinkerbell added later... she's sprinkling pixie dust on my baby belly. :D :D :D
LOVE the pixie dust on the baby belly!!

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
mbrocker
Mouseketeer

Our original "babymoon" was a cruise and I was about 25wks pregnant if I recall correctly. It was Carnival and I was just shy of whatever their max was. It was fine.

I'll be 21 weeks pregnant at the start of our April cruise. I have a doctors note confirming my pregnancy .. though I doubt anyone will even ask. I mean, can you imagine if they just asked anyone who had a belly? They'd be wrong as much as they'd be right. How embarrassing.
mbrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #28
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

I cruised about 12 weeks pregnant. I had a great time and it was a great rest/relaxation time before the harder parts of the pregnancy and it got me through my cruise cravings until DS was old enough to go.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #29
Gracedis1
Mouseketeer

I was 20 weeks when I went on a Princess cruise. I had my Dr. fax a note over saying how far along I was just to be sure. I looked huge. We got a free upgrade to a balcony room (from an inside room)! I did 2 excursions, but in hindsight I should have done only one and relaxed more. You can't swim with dolphins while pregnant. Cruises are awesome for preggo ladies! You can eat, put your feet up, let your stomach hang out in your swimsuit and let people take care of you!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #30
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just wondering if it would be ok to go on a Disney cruise pregnant. Curious to hear about pregnant women's experiences.

Yes.....I did a Hawaii cruise when I was almost 6 months pregnant. I had a very easy pregnancy and had a terrific time. The only thing that was only a small issue is participating in some port adventures. Example: Getting too close to vapors/fumes from volcanic activity. There were warnings for pregnant people. But....nothing major.
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: