Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
stacecakes
loves acquiring info as much as fastpasses!

WDW beanie ears on DCL?

I was in WDW without kids in Nov for the wine and dine half marathon. Feeling mommy guilt, I bought them each one of the beanie hats with ears and had their names embroidered. They are super cute, but the girls haven't had a place to wear them (other than at dinner my first night home). Do kids wear this sort of thing on the DCL ships? I know that there's the bibidi bobbidi boutique so girls will be running around in princess wear, but I wasn't sure about ears. We also have ear headbands which might be easier to pack. Just fixating on details now- one week to go!
stacecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacecakes View Post
I was in WDW without kids in Nov for the wine and dine half marathon. Feeling mommy guilt, I bought them each one of the beanie hats with ears and had their names embroidered. They are super cute, but the girls haven't had a place to wear them (other than at dinner my first night home). Do kids wear this sort of thing on the DCL ships? I know that there's the bibidi bobbidi boutique so girls will be running around in princess wear, but I wasn't sure about ears. We also have ear headbands which might be easier to pack. Just fixating on details now- one week to go!
Be aware, that on deck can be quite breezy. If they come off easily, I'd worry about it.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

You are not always on deck. Our kids wore them the first few years we cruised on DCL - ages 3-7. You can easily pin them with bobby pins if you think you might be out. The kids wore them to the sail away -- which isn't windy because the ship is stationary and then moves slowly out of the channel, the CB and other times they got pictures taken with the characters. Of course, I planned very early to take the picture I have to the side with the ears on our first cruise when they were 3 & 5 and am SOOO glad that I convinced DH that we "needed" them when we were at WDW precruise. Also, DD and many more wore princess dresses on the ships long before the Fantasy's BBB. The characters will pay special attention to their ears.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: