Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
jenn3456
Mouseketeer

Worry about renting a stroller

HI everyone,

We are planning our first trip to WDW for our 5 younger kids (11,9,8,6,&5) the 6 and 5 year old and very much are momma's kids. They like to be held and will complain of being tired from all the walking. Although we do not normally use a stroller with them, I am thinking it will be a good idea while we are there. I do not like the strollers you can rent at the park, they do not look comfortable and I don't want to pay for them to have the kids complain about them The Apple Scooter place where we are renting an EVC for my mom has jogging strollers that look nice and I don't mind paying to rent. However my concern is parking it during rides and attractions. I am worrying about theft/loss etc. Does anyone have any experience with this either good or bad? Any other thoughts/ideas on renting from an outside vs a park is also appreciated!
Thanks!!!
jenn3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Most outside rental places have an insurance you can get. I would suggest getting to for peace of mind. There was another thread about stroller theft a while back and yes it has happened.
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn3456 View Post
HI everyone,

We are planning our first trip to WDW for our 5 younger kids (11,9,8,6,&5) the 6 and 5 year old and very much are momma's kids. They like to be held and will complain of being tired from all the walking. Although we do not normally use a stroller with them, I am thinking it will be a good idea while we are there. I do not like the strollers you can rent at the park, they do not look comfortable and I don't want to pay for them to have the kids complain about them The Apple Scooter place where we are renting an EVC for my mom has jogging strollers that look nice and I don't mind paying to rent. However my concern is parking it during rides and attractions. I am worrying about theft/loss etc. Does anyone have any experience with this either good or bad? Any other thoughts/ideas on renting from an outside vs a park is also appreciated!
Thanks!!!
If the 5 and 6 year old complain about walking, and complain about an 'uncomfortable' stroller, then take the little whiners back to the room and let the other kids stay in the parks and have fun. Then you don't have to worry about stroller theft either!
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
jenn3456
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
If the 5 and 6 year old complain about walking, and complain about an 'uncomfortable' stroller, then take the little whiners back to the room and let the other kids stay in the parks and have fun. Then you don't have to worry about stroller theft either!
Wow thanks for your "kind words." I was really hoping for some helpful nonjudgemental advice. Does anyone else have any ideas?
jenn3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Wow thanks for your "kind words." I was really hoping for some helpful nonjudgemental advice. Does anyone else have any ideas?
How much do your kiddos weigh? Most strollers have weight limits and you will need to find one that will accommodate two older children.

You might want to take into consideration how tired you will get from pushing around that weight.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HI everyone,

Thanks!!!
Hi -- if you want to rent one, try Orlando Strollers, Magic Strollers or Kingdom Strollers. Depending on their weight you should be able to find a double that will work. As far as parking for attractions, there is usually stroller parking nearby where they have all the strollers corralled. Most of the companies will provide a little placard with your last name so you can identify which is yours. Most companies will allow you to insure for the duration of your trip for a flat fee (I think most are approximately $25.00) and you are okay if you lose it, damage it, etc... we always buy the insurance. I don't want to worry about losing it all the time while on vacation.
Definitely rent from outside the park. Those things look awful and I always see people struggling to push them. The rental places will deliver to the various on site and off site resorts.
HTH!
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #7
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Rent the jogging stroller and get the insurance just in case.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

rent from outside company and get the insurance, plan to mark you stroller but do not use a balloon if you plan on going to AK as no balloons allowed there. strollers are moved around in the stroller parking area, so it might not be exactly where you left it.
Betty Rohrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

There is nothing wrong with renting a stroller if it makes it a better trip for you. I do doubt that you will need a double jogging stroller with that age children, and it will be very heavy to push with typical size children and a pain on the buses. I would suggest budgeting for a in-park single stroller rental and then rent if you need it. If you fine you REALLY need a double you could rent it. I doubt you will need anything at MK but you very well might for Epcot. With a single, they can take turns ridding if they get really tired. We never needed one past age 4 but many families do.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
Mouseketeer

My recommendation is Kingdom Stroller-rent the BOB double. It's big, but great for pushing older children. I write a blog about going to Disney with children, and I recommend strollers for kids 6 and 7. Disney is not a day at the mall-there is a lot of walking just to enter the parks, from attraction to attraction, leaving. If you wan to stay till the wee hours a stroller is great so kid(s) can go to sleep.

My daughter's 5, and she would complain if we did not have a stroller. And I would understand-I wouldn't just take her back to the room as "punishment!"

Get the insurance for peace of mind. Matt at Kingdom Strollers is great to work with.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

I have taken a double on the bus the trip my kids were 1 and 3. It was heavy and hard to maneuver on the busses. Next trip we took 2 Maclaren Volo strollers and it was much easier. With the age of your kids I would take a single umbrella if you really think they need it and have i them share. I do however agree with the pp about taking them back to the room if they're whining - you would probably only have to do it once.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
sadossey
Mouseketeer

The PP telling you to take your kids back to the room obviously has no kids. Anyway, we rented last year from baby wheels orlando, got a city mini dbl for our kids whoe were 5 & 2. It was less than $100 for a week with the insurance and had a rain cover, cooler and console for drinks, keys, etc. It was the best $ we spent all week. It was not that bad getting on/off busses with it. Honestly if our kids never sat in it I would have still been glad we got it. But they did use it. ALOT. They napped in it and my wife and i would just stroll them around, take in the sights or ride a ride that we wanted to do. I would definitely get one until my kids are old enough to for sure be able to walk all day.
sadossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

I have two older children dd7 dd4 also and have the same problem. I rent from stroller magic and they are amazing and hold both girls well, they even lay back for when or if they fall asleep. Dont listen to anyone else, you do whats best for you an your kids. I will be renting a stroller again in August. They also make stroller "signs" on etsy. They are disney themed and are adorable. Also only about $15 and makes it soooo easy to pick your stroller out of the million waiting outside of rides. Hope that helps hun, and have a magical trip!!
Disneymama01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #14
lucifie
DIS Veteran

We're arriving on Monday and we decided to rent an adaptive stroller for our special needs DD from Orlando Stroller Rentals. For that one it was $120+tax for our stay and we opted to pay the $25 for insurance. They say they provide a tag with your name on it. We're taking that and our single stroller for our 4 kids ages 9(special needs), 7, 4 and 2. I'm also going to take the Ergo for the 2 year old. I'm hoping that's all we'll need. We are open to renting a double stroller if necessary, but we're hoping to just take it at their pace. From what I've seen the doubles seem to have a weight limit of 50 lb per seat, 100 lb total. My middle two are at the edge of being able to use one, as they're both right around 50 lb.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

We rent from Orlando Stroller Rental and they are great. The strollers are top notch. We get the Mini City GT Double and it handles so well. It is worth the $100. Our oldest kids are 4 and 5 and we will be renting a stroller for them when we go again in March. Not only are the strollers handy for tired kids but they also provide a place for them to sit during parades and fireworks.

Beware of Disney CM's moving your stroller. It happens all the time but if you walk out of a ride and your stroller is gone they've probably moved it. It's happened to us several times but we've always found our strollers and nothing has been taken or damaged.
jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: