Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #1291
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Down1Up View Post
DCL changes time zones to stay in sync with the ports they are visiting, whether it's the Med or Alaska or wherever. They say something in the Navigator and the Cruise Director announces it before the show and such - you should see at least one of the reminders.
Hi there! I see from your ticker that you are on a 7 night next week? If so could you please post back with dining rotations and any other details you can remember? Please?

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #1292
3Down1Up
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Hi there! I see from your ticker that you are on a 7 night next week? If so could you please post back with dining rotations and any other details you can remember? Please?
We are actually on the 12-night - if you are still interested in that I will post anything that people want!
2014 12-night Barcelona to Venice on the Magic

Up next: 2015 4-night Dream
3Down1Up is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #1293
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Down1Up View Post
We are actually on the 12-night - if you are still interested in that I will post anything that people want!
Yes we are on a 12 night in 50 days.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #1294
bibbidibobbidibecky
The Fairy Godblogger

I really wonder whey they would get rid of the tea party, it always had a huge line of people wanting to get a seat! Oh well

DCL: 2014 Greek Isles out of Venice, 2011 Med out of Barcelona, 2009 4-night Wonder.
WDW: 2014 Jan., 2012 Oct., 2011 Oct., 2010 Oct., 2009 Dec., 2008 Oct., 2008 May, 2006 Oct., 1997 April, 1996 April, 1993 Feb., 1992 Feb., 1980s various trips, 1977 First trip.
DL California 2012: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...0Report%202012
DL Paris 2014
: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...eyland%20Paris
bibbidibobbidibecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #1295
RabbleDazzer
Earning My Ears

Hello!
I'm very new to the forums and new to DCL.
I'll be heading to Venice for the Mediterranean cruise mid-July.
What should I plan to wear on all the excursions / port adventures? Even though we will be with a tour group, I don't want to look totally touristy.
I'm traveling with DH, DS 10 & DD 8.

Thanks!
RabbleDazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #1296
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbleDazzer View Post
Hello!
I'm very new to the forums and new to DCL.
I'll be heading to Venice for the Mediterranean cruise mid-July.
What should I plan to wear on all the excursions / port adventures? Even though we will be with a tour group, I don't want to look totally touristy.
I'm traveling with DH, DS 10 & DD 8.

Thanks!
Anything goes just do not wear cruise hosts or t shirts, there a give away and take off the sticker for tours, just do not stand out, if you have an Alaska hat on from the last cruise you will be seen. Church's require cover ups on arms shoulders, and legs above knees.

It will be hot hot hot so prepare.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:32 AM   #1297
Princess Clayre
Mouseketeer

This is such a useful thread ..........but still about another 20 pages of reading to get through it all
Nov 05 offsite (Jack's first trip) * May '07 POP * May '08 POP/WL * Aug '10 SSR * May '12 SSR, May '13 SSR

Next trip: Our First Disney Cruise - Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug '14
Then Easter 2015 - WDW Yatch Club
Princess Clayre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #1298
tinkledpink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbleDazzer View Post
Hello! I'm very new to the forums and new to DCL. I'll be heading to Venice for the Mediterranean cruise mid-July. What should I plan to wear on all the excursions / port adventures? Even though we will be with a tour group, I don't want to look totally touristy. I'm traveling with DH, DS 10 & DD 8. Thanks!
It is hot over there so remember that sundresses ( past knees) are cooler than Capri pants. For kids, they do not have to wear pants, just longer shorts. At some point, you will realize that you will look like a tourist, whatever you wear. Wear what is comfortable!
tinkledpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #1299
DJinPA
Earning My Ears

I am sure this has been mentioned in one of the above posts, but I would recommend a money belt. My husband and I each had one of these, each carrying two passports in it. We didn't run into a problem, but were constantly warned about "gypsies" or scams, and we kept larger bills, our Key to the World card and passports in our money belts.
http://www.rei.com/product/837261/rei-rfid-money-belt
DJinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #1300
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Was on the Med cruise earlier this summer, in fact....one month ago today, I was in Villefranche drinking wine.

I bought a Pac Safe "fanny pack". It's a super thin pack that actually fits under your clothes. No one had any clue I was carrying anything under there. Best investment I made!

I need a BIG favor from someone going on the Med cruise in the next couple of weeks, please. There is a bartender in Keys, his name is Hadi. My DH and I sat with him every night after dinner (after we dropped DD off at Oceaneer's Club). I really want his last name. He's a SUPER nice guy. You can tell him that Holly and Russell from the first Med cruise are asking for his name....I'm sure he'd remember us.
Anyway - if someone can do that and report back, I'd be forever grateful!

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Girl's Weekend! - Yacht Club, Nov 2014
Thankful to be going back to the Fort! - Fort Wilderness, Thanksgiving 2014
Reunion with friends from UK we met on our Med cruise - Apr 15
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #1301
algae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinPA View Post
We didn't run into a problem, but were constantly warned about "gypsies" or scams, and we kept larger bills, our Key to the World card and passports in our money belts.
Didn't have trouble with the gypsies trying to get my money--they went after my leftovers from lunch! It was in Firenze a couple weeks ago. We had lunch at the "recommended" place from our tour guide in Firenze at Piazza Santa Croce. We ordered too much food and figured we'd take it with us for the long bus rides to Pisa and back to the ship. As soon as I stepped out of the restaurant patio, 2 were all over me trying to grab my leftovers speaking somthing that didn't sound especially Italian. They must've been watching me for a while as we were packing up. Tried to ignore them and walk away, but they kept following me. After about a minute I got tired of them hounding me and I let out a few loud and firm "no's" to their faces that made them back off.
algae is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: