Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #1081
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraptographer View Post
Debsters41, I loved your summary, thanks so much for posting. And lilpooh108 thanks for keeping this thread active and organized
You're welcome. It's so fun to re-live the trip, and we're really hoping to do the WBTA next year so the Barcelona stuff is still relevant to us as well
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #1082
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraptographer View Post
Debsters41, I loved your summary, thanks so much for posting. And lilpooh108 thanks for keeping this thread active and organized
I second this

Debster41 we will be doing many of the same excursions next year so thank you for taking the time to share it in detail.

Lilpooh I am amazed at how you have organized this thread.....thank you!
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #1083
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I've linked your recap on the 1st page of this thread
Oh my! I went and added a bit and tried to make it more clear.

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #1084
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quick question... We are on the first magical Mediterranean cruise in may next year, did y'all find that your cruise meet threads were quiet and fe groups small?

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #1085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're welcome. It's so fun to re-live the trip, and we're really hoping to do the WBTA next year so the Barcelona stuff is still relevant to us as well
Nice! We're booked on WBTA currently and figuring out how to make it work.
890537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #1086
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianni View Post
Quick question... We are on the first magical Mediterranean cruise in may next year, did y'all find that your cruise meet threads were quiet and fe groups small?
We were on the first 12-nighter and our Meet thread was super active and we had about 50 FE participants. We were also on the 2nd 12-nighter which wasn't quite as busy and had about half the number of FE participants. Both groups ended up with FB groups as well and while a lot of the conversation moved over there, a good bit of the planning stayed on DIS - the "get to know you" chatter and some of the planning stuff was on FB, though, and that slowed the thread participation.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #1087
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post

Steaks were very tough, nearly inedible according to my husband.
We found the steaks in the dining rooms to be tough so after the second attempt, we stopped ordering them. However, on the days they grilled steaks at lunch at Topsiders, those pieces were really good - hot and fresh, right off the grill.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #1088
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
You have to ... Mick and I are getting married on that cruise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianni View Post
We're on the same cruise and although I've joined the Meet thread, I'm not too active on it as I just don't find much time. I'm not on FB either which is a good thing!
Mick and I have already done that itinerary but we're going again sow e cna speak to the wedding co-ordinator on board and to sort a few things out for our WBTA wedding.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #1089
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

We were on the August 10 sailing. Our DIS board meet group was pretty small, I think there were only a handful of us chatting back and forth about what we planned to do. We did not do a meet up although two other families were on our excursions with Can't Be Missed Tours in Rome and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast.

We had a very small FE group -- I think it was six families. We did not have a Facebook group but a couple of the people participating in the FE exchange were on the Facebook Fish Extender group -- more of a place to exchange ideas and ask questions and not tied to a particular sailing or ship.

I started a pre-trip report so I could "talk" without feeling like I was hogging the meet group.

I find I'm having withdrawals. I looked forward to the cruise all summer, and now nothing to think about so I'm reading lots of trip reports. I finished my trip report and I'm working on a photobook with all my photos. My husband and his parents are talking about another cruise, probably on Princess in 2015 to Northern Europe. I'm all for a Southampton to NY or Ft. Lauderdale (Houston would be even better!) transatlantic so I don't have to go through that horrible plane ride home again.

JoAnn
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #1090
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysmommy View Post
I second this

Debster41 we will be doing many of the same excursions next year so thank you for taking the time to share it in detail.

Lilpooh I am amazed at how you have organized this thread.....thank you!
Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Oh my! I went and added a bit and tried to make it more clear.
Hehe, no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by 890537 View Post
Nice! We're booked on WBTA currently and figuring out how to make it work.
Us too. We have a variety of schedules next year and some health issues with family members across the board so, *fingers crossed*, we will make the trip happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
You have to ... Mick and I are getting married on that cruise!!

We're on the same cruise and although I've joined the Meet thread, I'm not too active on it as I just don't find much time. I'm not on FB either which is a good thing!
Mick and I have already done that itinerary but we're going again sow e cna speak to the wedding co-ordinator on board and to sort a few things out for our WBTA wedding.
Congratulations! If we do make it on the WBTA, we'll stop by and congratulate you in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
I find I'm having withdrawals. I looked forward to the cruise all summer, and now nothing to think about so I'm reading lots of trip reports. I finished my trip report and I'm working on a photobook with all my photos.
I'm having withdrawals still! I was overwhelmed with the number of photos we had, so I finally (3 months after the trip) made 5 photobooks for friends and family with that free Shutterfly code that was floating around. Those took a long time
Old 09-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #1091
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm having withdrawals still! I was overwhelmed with the number of photos we had, so I finally (3 months after the trip) made 5 photobooks for friends and family with that free Shutterfly code that was floating around. Those took a long time
I got one of those, too, and passed it along to my husband. I prefer to wait for the winkflash.com "bulk pages" sale they have every few months -- up to 100 pages, same price. I do the 12 x 12 size. I've got my photos all in place, just putting in the captions and adding background colors. I am not thrilled with their page layout choices and the last time I did more "scrapbooky" type pages in Photoshop and uploaded them as a single jpg but it was a ton of work and took me way too long.

I make two copies and send to my inlaws as well.

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
Old 09-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #1092
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
I got one of those, too, and passed it along to my husband. I prefer to wait for the winkflash.com "bulk pages" sale they have every few months -- up to 100 pages, same price. I do the 12 x 12 size. I've got my photos all in place, just putting in the captions and adding background colors. I am not thrilled with their page layout choices and the last time I did more "scrapbooky" type pages in Photoshop and uploaded them as a single jpg but it was a ton of work and took me way too long.

I make two copies and send to my inlaws as well.
Sounds great. What's the winkflash quality like? How much "out the door" for a book during a bulk pages sale?

The Shutterfly ones are OK quality, but not bad for $8-ish. I did spend way too much time on those though but since I got 1 photobook started it was easy enough to substitute in other people's pictures since we all went on the same trip.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #1093
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sounds great. What's the winkflash quality like? How much "out the door" for a book during a bulk pages sale?

The Shutterfly ones are OK quality, but not bad for $8-ish. I did spend way too much time on those though but since I got 1 photobook started it was easy enough to substitute in other people's pictures since we all went on the same trip.
Winkflash is "OK" -- I think Shutterfly printing quality is better although I've had 8 x 8 Shutterfly books fall apart on me -- the Winkflash books are about $50 for a 100 page book in 12 x 12 size, which is the size I like to get.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #1094
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

I am working my way through this thread, but haven't seen anything about booking flights yet. We are sailing next July out of Barcelona. Which airlines have the best prices and when should I book? Probably a month ago right?

gcoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #1095
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post
I am working my way through this thread, but haven't seen anything about booking flights yet. We are sailing next July out of Barcelona. Which airlines have the best prices and when should I book? Probably a month ago right?
I think it really varies depending on where you live. We sailed Aug 17 and since we didn't decide on our cruise until after Christmas, we didn't book flights until after that, NYE right before midnight actually.
We had miles for 3 seats but the one seat we did buy was $1168. I watched it for a few weeks and finally couldn't take it any more. I felt it wasn't a bad deal since a coworker did the same cruise on Norwegian 2 yr prior and paid around $1600. She booked somewhat last minute though (3 mos out) and all the non-stops were sold out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: