Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #1051
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Welcome back ruadisneyfan2!

I've linked your post above on the 1st page as a summary. I hope you eventually do a TR after your jetlag wears off
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #1052
Crackleandpop
Earning My Ears

Ruadisneyfan2 - You were in the opposite corridor to us. Did you hear the very loud teenagers on the last night?

We were told on the first night that the Mickey bars had run out because the freight delivery hadn't arrived in time. Not sure whether that was true or just to placate the kids.

I thought there would be way more Americans on board but I was so happy that everything was in English because in Barcelona I ended up reverting to pointing to menus because they didn't understand or pretended not to understand what I was saying. Our table at dinner was lovely - two groups from Canada, a lady and her granddaughter from Boston and us from the UK. We also met lots of Brits, a family from Brazil and the nanny of a family from UAE.

Did you find it crowded at all? I was surprised how quiet the adult pool was when I went there and the movie theatre. Even the character meets while busy were manageable.
Crackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #1053
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Welcome back ruadisneyfan2!

I've linked your post above on the 1st page as a summary. I hope you eventually do a TR after your jetlag wears off
Thanks! I'm not really a TR kind of girl. I tend to ramble & my writing has no humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackleandpop View Post
Ruadisneyfan2 - You were in the opposite corridor to us. Did you hear the very loud teenagers on the last night?
Not specifically but there were loud kids every day. Really thumping hard down the halls.
We were told on the first night that the Mickey bars had run out because the freight delivery hadn't arrived in time. Not sure whether that was true or just to placate the kids.

I thought there would be way more Americans on board but I was so happy that everything was in English because in Barcelona I ended up reverting to pointing to menus because they didn't understand or pretended not to understand what I was saying. Our table at dinner was lovely - two groups from Canada, a lady and her granddaughter from Boston and us from the UK. We also met lots of Brits, a family from Brazil and the nanny of a family from UAE.
We were lucky I guess. Both dinners in Barcelona had English speaking staff.
Ds16 ordered rabbit!
That's great to have nice dinner companions. We were a group of 6 so we had our own table.

Did you find it crowded at all? I was surprised how quiet the adult pool was when I went there and the movie theatre. Even the character meets while busy were manageable.
I was amazed at how not crowded the ship felt. Usually breakfast at Topsiders is like feeding time at the zoo. We had a choice of multiple tables every day. I was also surprised how young children were allowed to roam. I saw a group of 7 kids ranging from around 3-8. No adult. Maybe they're just used to that but my kids at 8 would not do a good job at watching a 3 yr old!

Overall, still an awesome cruise. Next time I'd do a land tour again to not feel so rushed.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #1054
CdnDisLover
Earning My Ears

On the July 13th sailing they ran out of the Disney cups three times at the self serve drink station and had to use the red solo cups.

I also found groups of young kids 4-8 (usually Spanish) roaming around the ship at all hours by themselves and on more then one occasion I had to tell them off because they would keep hitting the open/close button or running in/out when the elevator doors were closing
CdnDisLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #1055
CdnDisLover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
BTW, all perishable food items, such as milk cartons, seemed to come from Europe so when I ordered a Mickey bar in the MDR I was told that they are in FL & DCL didn't/couldn't bring them on Med cruises. (I don't recall if I had any on Alaskan sailing but I guess wouldn't be too hard to ship by truck from DL to Seattle.) The maple syrup was some concoction but nothing like real maple syrup from Canada.
What a load of BS. Mickey bars were plentiful on the July 13th Med cruise, my kids and nephews had them every night after dinner and from room service. This is my nephews second Med cruise and they also had Mickey bars every meal two years ago
Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #1056
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I think Ruadisneyfan's cruise was a couple weeks after the July 13th cruise and if prior passengers had been having them every night at dinner and at room service (as I would have done ) then I find it very plausible that they would have run out by ruadisneyfan's cruise and subsequently none left for mine

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #1057
CdnDisLover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
I think Ruadisneyfan's cruise was a couple weeks after the July 13th cruise and if prior passengers had been having them every night at dinner and at room service (as I would have done ) then I find it very plausible that they would have run out by ruadisneyfan's cruise and subsequently none left for mine
Sure they can run out, but to be told they never have them on the Med cruises in the first place is a lie It seems whomever is doing the ordering of supplies needs to find a new job...lol....on the med cruise members of my family went on a couple of years ago, it was the last med cruise of the season and they never ran out of anything, including Mickey bars
Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #1058
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisLover View Post
Sure they can run out, but to be told they never have them on the Med cruises in the first place is a lie It seems whomever is doing the ordering of supplies needs to find a new job...lol....on the med cruise members of my family went on a couple of years ago, it was the last med cruise of the season and they never ran out of anything, including Mickey bars
You give me hope

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #1059
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Perhaps on the prior Med cruise they were stuck with excess supplies that had to be shipped back to the US and this time they want to avoid that situation especially due to the upcoming dry dock and no WBTA. Who knows? Just a guess really.

They still had ice cream bars but they weren't Mickey shaped. After spending a gorgeous day in Florence, the shape of my ice cream bar (or lack of) could not ruin my mood.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #1060
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
True. July 13 was more than a month prior to my sailing.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #1061
CdnDisLover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Perhaps on the prior Med cruise they were stuck with excess supplies that had to be shipped back to the US and this time they want to avoid that situation especially due to the upcoming dry dock and no WBTA. Who knows? Just a guess really.

They still had ice cream bars but they weren't Mickey shaped. After spending a gorgeous day in Florence, the shape of my ice cream bar (or lack of) could not ruin my mood.
That's a good guess but still doesn't really make sense as they've been running out of supplies for almost all the cruises this summer. I can understand that on the last cruise of the season to run out but there's no excuse to be running out all season except someone is calculating wrong
Old 08-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #1062
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisLover View Post
That's a good guess but still doesn't really make sense as they've been running out of supplies for almost all the cruises this summer. I can understand that on the last cruise of the season to run out but there's no excuse to be running out all season except someone is calculating wrong
Although the executive chef at the "ready, steady, cook" type show kept reminding us that they have 15 years of experience so rarely have any waste...of course there could be no waste because they didn't actually have enough in the first place!

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #1063
angelinaxox
Mouseketeer

I have read a few posts saying that there were lots of loud Spanish speaking people on the cruise out of Barcelona and they found it interfered with the shows. I just booked the 12 day cruise that leaves out of Barcelona July 26. I haven't noticed a roll call set up here for that cruise. Should I be concerned about this? I had been looking at other cruiselines and decided on Disney because I love Disney and it's the theme for my wedding. But reading this thread with some of the issues posted, has me a little nervous. The Princess and Celebrity ships that I considered are cheaper.
angelinaxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #1064
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinaxox View Post
I have read a few posts saying that there were lots of loud Spanish speaking people on the cruise out of Barcelona and they found it interfered with the shows. I just booked the 12 day cruise that leaves out of Barcelona July 26. I haven't noticed a roll call set up here for that cruise. Should I be concerned about this? I had been looking at other cruiselines and decided on Disney because I love Disney and it's the theme for my wedding. But reading this thread with some of the issues posted, has me a little nervous. The Princess and Celebrity ships that I considered are cheaper.
I was on the July 12th cruise and did not notice any loud Spaniards on my cruise.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #1065
angelinaxox
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply. I began reading some posts where people were mentioning that they found it disruptive so I was starting to panic. How did you enjoy the cruise.
angelinaxox is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: