Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #811
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
They came out starting around 4:00 PM. I missed Mickey be ause I woke up from a nap at 4:15 and DH was watching from the verandah and told me Minnie had just gone out. He knew I was trying to get photos with her every chance I got. Today she rode in the elevator with me before dinner. I was over the moon!
Oh! I just LOVE these kind of random character interactions on the cruises. Another reason why I love the classic ships. Don't you just adore the Italian Mickey & Minnie outfits? Soooooo cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
I am sure the answer is here somewhere but i can't find it but is Topsiders Buffet on the Magic open on disembarkation morning for breakfast?
Yes, it is.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #812
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

WOW. JUST WOW.

I mentioned a few pages back (and in my TR) that we had a negative experience with the company "See Amalfi Coast" in Naples.

I ended up posting a Trip Advisor review on the same subject. I just checked it and See Amalfi Coast's "response" accuses me of posting a false review since I'm allegedly a secret competitor. WTH?

FWIW, it's easy to see on my TA profile that I've been a member since 2004 with 44 reviews in 19 different cities. I'm obviously not a "shill" poster.

This "not my problem" and bullying attitude was the reason why our whole day was so horrible.

I'm really hoping others who read this will avoid this company at all costs. I specifically did not post the driver's name because this company has my name, address and credit card number and I didn't feel like getting miscellaneous false charges on my card since I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

Here's the link to my TA review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Campania.html

Last edited by lilpooh108; 07-06-2013 at 07:44 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #813
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Unbelievable. Well, I just went on it and voted that it was a very helpful review.

I'd go back in and write "another" review to rebut this bozo ... naming the driver. It could be this driver is pulling the wool over their eyes too. As for them having your name, credit card, etc ... it's one thing to accuse you of being a fake, it's quite another to be fraudently charging your credit card ... while you're in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
WOW. JUST WOW.

I mentioned a few pages back (and in my TR) that we had a negative experience with the company "See Amalfi Coast" in Naples.

I ended up posting a Trip Advisor review on the same subject. I just checked it and See Amalfi Coast's "response" accuses me of posting a false review since I'm allegedly a secret competitor. WTH?

FWIW, it's easy to see on my TA profile that I've been a member since 2004 with 44 reviews in 19 different cities. I'm obviously not a "shill" poster.

This "not my problem" and bullying attitude was the reason why our whole day was so horrible.

I'm really hoping others who read this will avoid this company at all costs. I specifically did not post the driver's name because this company has my name, address and credit card number and I didn't feel like getting miscellaneous false charges on my card since I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

Here's the link to my TA review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Campania.html
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #814
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
Unbelievable. Well, I just went on it and voted that it was a very helpful review.

I'd go back in and write "another" review to rebut this bozo ... naming the driver. It could be this driver is pulling the wool over their eyes too. As for them having your name, credit card, etc ... it's one thing to accuse you of being a fake, it's quite another to be fraudently charging your credit card ... while you're in the U.S.
Thanks for the support. I actually tried to submit a further review in order to provide clarification in response to the "owner comments." However, TripAdvisor does not allow editing or the submission of a 2nd review within 3 months of your 1st review. I wasn't previously aware of that rule.

In any event, my profile on TA is open to receiving user messages. I will respond to user messages if any are sent on the subject.

Sorry to interrupt everyone's planning. I know people are subscribed to this thread for planning and tip purposes. Rant over
Old 07-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #815
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the support. I actually tried to submit a further review in order to provide clarification in response to the "owner comments." However, TripAdvisor does not allow editing or the submission of a 2nd review within 3 months of your 1st review. I wasn't previously aware of that rule.

In any event, my profile on TA is open to receiving user messages. I will respond to user messages if any are sent on the subject.

Sorry to interrupt everyone's planning. I know people are subscribed to this thread for planning and tip purposes. Rant over
I also said your comment was helpful & reported his comment as inappropriate. Even if technically it isn't, it still is. What a dog.
If I were you, I would note my calendar for 3 mos from now just to say my piece & clear my name. I can hold a grudge forever.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #816
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I can hold a grudge forever.
You guys are too funny Thanks for the support.

I've calmed down now and I'm thinking that his ridiculous comment might actually backfire on him. It's fairly obvious that I'm not a shill poster and when deciding which company to use, I frequently look at how the owner responds to low ratings. There was one company that I didn't use (also in Naples) because the owner response was pretty rabid for a legitimate complaint about being picked up late. The angry owner responses usually indicate that the owners will argue with you when problems arise. Now I know how they would have responded if I called them asking for a rate reduction for missing Sorrento.

We are thinking of doing the Med in the future and we'll be using RIL for Naples like everyone else.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #817
jeni37
Mouseketeer

What was the other company you didn't use. I want to make sure I know what I am getting into if I am booking tours. Thanks for all the info. so far!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #818
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeni37 View Post
What was the other company you didn't use. I want to make sure I know what I am getting into if I am booking tours. Thanks for all the info. so far!
Italy limousines based in Naples. Contact name was Josephine. We initially agreed on a date and a price. About 9 months before the tour she emailed asking for a positive review on TripAdvisor. When I told her that we hadn't taken the tour yet, she told me she didn't care. All they wanted were positive reviews even though they hadn't provided the service.

If you look closely at the reviews for many of the Naples companies, many of them have 5 star reviews from posters who only have 1 review submitted. For me that lacks credibility. Alot of DIS'ers have had luck with Rome In Limo. I didn't book with them due to pricing but will probably go with them next time.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #819
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

I appreciate the time you put into writing your tripadvisor review. I agree that the owner's response looks unprofessional. It's frustrating; I think it often boils down to luck of the draw of whether you get a good or bad driver. But it should be the owner's responsibility to weed out the bad guides/drivers. It's also so frustrating when you ask for the driver's advice on where to eat lunch and they sit you down in the back room of a mediocre tourist trap. I've had that happen once with Rome in Limo in Rome. Of all the Italian restaurants in Rome, they took us to the crumbiest one. I gave your TA review a helpful vote. Thanks again.

Destination D WDW CR/BWI Nov 2014
ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #820
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
I appreciate the time you put into writing your tripadvisor review. I agree that the owner's response looks unprofessional. It's frustrating; I think it often boils down to luck of the draw of whether you get a good or bad driver. But it should be the owner's responsibility to weed out the bad guides/drivers. It's also so frustrating when you ask for the driver's advice on where to eat lunch and they sit you down in the back room of a mediocre tourist trap. I've had that happen once with Rome in Limo in Rome. Of all the Italian restaurants in Rome, they took us to the crumbiest one. I gave your TA review a helpful vote. Thanks again.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

May I ask.... which restaurant was bad in Rome? I'd like to know the name so we can avoid it in the future if any tour companies suggest it. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #821
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

May I ask.... which restaurant was bad in Rome? I'd like to know the name so we can avoid it in the future if any tour companies suggest it. Thanks!
I'd like to know too. We're using RIL for Rome. Well, all 3 Italian ports.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #822
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Quote:

Sorry, I can't remember. It was across from the Vatican City walls (even though we did nothing near the Vatican). We sat in a room where other DCL guests taking private tours were sitting. Obviously organized. We otherwise enjoyed RIL and used them in the Amalfi Coast as well with great results - we requested a specific restaurant there. I'm using RIL this month in Rome again, but will request some place specific.

ABD Australia Jul 2015
Old 07-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #823
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I'd like to know too. We're using RIL for Rome. Well, all 3 Italian ports.
I don't know what your plans are for lunch for your Naples day, but if you're heading out to Positano there are TONS of cafes and restaurants in Positano. Literally, every other storefront in Positano was either a cafe, sandwich shop, gelateria, cafe or bar. So if RIL suggests a restaurant that is just outside of town, you're probably better off just getting dropped off in the town and finding lunch on your own.

We had a quick snack at "Paradise Lounge" Cafe in Positano. It has ocean views from their balcony, sandwiches, espresso, gelato and dessert. It's self serve so no tip or cover charge. Prices were very reasonable for the prime location. The only thing "wrong" with this place is that they play Top 40 American music. It's kinda weird to listen to Ne-Yo while you're on the Amalfi Coast in Italy

Food items:

Here are the views from this cafe. It was a shame we didn't have more time here:

Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #824
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

In 2011, we requested RIL to take us to Chez Black in Positano. I liked that a lot. Everything tasted very fresh. Great relaxing restaurant.

ABD Australia Jul 2015
Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #825
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Thanks. We didn't make any definite lunch plans in any port except Villefranche because lunch in Eze is included. I guess I should start looking at places so we don't get stuck with their "recommended" restaurants.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: