Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #736
Scraptographer
Mouseketeer

Cost of photo cd with all pictures on 12 night cruise

Hopefully someone from the recent Greece cruise will be able to post how much the Shutters cd with all photos cost on the 12 night cruise. An earlier post mentioned that we can now pre purchase it for $399 without having to pay VAT, but if it costs the same on the cruise I will probably just wait.
Scraptographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #737
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
Yes, but then I have to be somewhere at a specific time, and I am not in the mood to be regimented that way, especially if I discover something else I knew nothing about or if I want to linger at some other place prior.
My mother said that. So we stood in line for half an hour. Get there EARLY if you insist on this plan, but do not miss the inside do to the line. Amazing. And I have seen some of the great cathedrals in Europe and this was one of the best ever
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #738
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Using the last of my minutes now
Only Greece, nothing for Turkey
We walked into BVT at 8:30 and didn't even sit down... Handed us a ticket and sent us with the line that was already heading to the forward deck to get on the tender.
We got to all five but corniglia there was only time to climb the steps... If you want to see the town, you will need to plan to catch the 2nd train rather than the first after you get there. Watch the schedule because some don't stop there.
Yes, we docked, not tender in Mykonos.
Fabulous.
Thanks for answering so quickly! Glad you had an amazing cruise!! I forgot another question- did the cruise pretty much stick to the pre-set port arrival/departure times as listed on the itinerary, or did you have any earlier ashore/all-aboard times in any of the ports?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #739
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
Yes, but then I have to be somewhere at a specific time, and I am not in the mood to be regimented that way, especially if I discover something else I knew nothing about or if I want to linger at some other place prior.
I became a friend of La Sagrada Familia to skip the lines yet not be limited to a specific hours. For a family of 4 (potentially 6), it also works out to less money for tickets, not to mention the discounts on the extras such as gift shop and audio guides. Towers are also included, but not guaranteed for any given time as you are assigned first available spot from the moment you request the tickets, which may be hours later. I did it, it is super easy and they either mail the cards / tickets to you or have them waiting for you at the ticket booth. I highly recommend people look into this!

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #740
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
I became a friend of La Sagrada Familia to skip the lines yet not be limited to a specific hours. For a family of 4 (potentially 6), it also works out to less money for tickets, not to mention the discounts on the extras such as gift shop and audio guides. Towers are also included, but not guaranteed for any given time as you are assigned first available spot from the moment you request the tickets, which may be hours later. I did it, it is super easy and they either mail the cards / tickets to you or have them waiting for you at the ticket booth. I highly recommend people look into this!
This sounds great. How much was it and is it valid for only a year?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #741
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
This sounds great. How much was it and is it valid for only a year?
I think it was 38 Euro. It is good only for the year. I got 4 cards in the mail with my family members name on them (Oldest daughter is 19, I think age limit is 24 but I really can't remember) In the pack they sent to me here in Greece there were also two tickets for entrance that I am free to give away to whomever I choose.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #742
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it was 38 Euro. It is good only for the year. I got 4 cards in the mail with my family members name on them (Oldest daughter is 19, I think age limit is 24 but I really can't remember) In the pack they sent to me here in Greece there were also two tickets for entrance that I am free to give away to whomever I choose.
Wow what a great deal!! Thanks for the tip! We decided not to go this year when we were there because it was expensive for the 5 of us and we wantez to climb the towers too. We are doing the transatlantic next year and plan to visit it then
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #743
clairedy6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
Oh no, Croatia is joining the EU on 1st July 2013 so that means our 12 nighter with Venice and Dubrovnik will get charged VAT Boo hiss!

Mel
x
what is VAT?

Our Magical Mediterranean Cruise Pre-Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135693
clairedy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:16 AM   #744
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairedy6 View Post
what is VAT?
VAT is Value Added Tax which basically means 20% (or thereabouts, 23% in Greece) sales tax. In Europe itself, it is normally added into the price on the shelf so you don't 'feel' it at the check out. However, on the ship, prices are without VAT already added in, so at the check out something which costs 20 dollars just became 25 dollars. This tax gets paid to the government, Disney is not keeping it, it is not their fault (except for not throwing in a non EU port on the 7 night, lol)

Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #745
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

Cold buffet with local dishes, mostly recognizable food. And fresh fruit and veggies. They served a hot plate of fish or chicken. Then baklava for dessert and hot apple tea.
Love Baklava ....there is a stall that sells it at our village market every month!! Nom nom!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #746
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Wow what a great deal!! Thanks for the tip! We decided not to go this year when we were there because it was expensive for the 5 of us and we wantez to climb the towers too. We are doing the transatlantic next year and plan to visit it then
I look forward to reading that report, too I just remembered, I think the cards also get admission to the museum at parc guell! The deal was just too good for me to pass up. To be honest, if in the end we are not able to get to any of these places, I still will feel that I have contributed to the building fund. so, yes, I think it is totally worth it

Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #747
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is a great deal! In addition, you can purchase advance tickets at any ServiceCaxia (Caxia ATM) and they are everywhere. There's a purchase ticket option on the screen.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #748
jeni37
Mouseketeer

FE Exchange for 8/17/13 Med. cruise

Hi!

If anyone on the Med. cruise on 8/17/13 on the Magic is interested, we are planning an FE Exchange. Just go to the cruise meets thread: 17th August 2013 Magic in the Med (7nights) . You can find all the info. there and PM me if you would like to sign up.

Can't wait for the cruise!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #749
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Idea

Hi. I just took pictures of our passports and saved them to our iPhone in our security app. That way we don't have to carry around photocopies of our passports. I'm getting really excited! Kelly.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #750
nxb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
This is what I've been hearing so far as well, but we'll have to wait until this first Greece/Turkey cruise returns this week to confirm for sure. Fingers crossed for no VAT!
Just got back from the 12-day Med that had a Turkey port of call (Kusadasi). I did not buy anything myself but the rest of the family assure me that they were not charged VAT for onboard purchases and spa treatments. They said $19.95 items ended being ~$18 with the 10% discount.
nxb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: