Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #661
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
We're on USAirways, not Delta, so no option to check bags at the port. We plan to be picked up by 7am. I'd rather be super tired & sleep on the plane than take a risk of missing our flight.
I know on the BAltic cruise DCL had booked some early flights & those passengers had special arrangements made, including earlier debarkation than everyone else. Based on the DCL advice we didn't book the earlier BA flight so instead have to kill time until 3pm

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #662
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Are you flying into PHL? This is the flight time we have also. I'm surprised DCL would choose this too but also I'm glad they know lots of guests have early flights. I've been PMing with a June 8 cruiser who had same flight time home and she said it was no problem as they were off the ship by 7am. We both have private transfers back to BCN though. I plan to carry our luggage off in the morning. Will DCL provide you with transfers? Usually this is included with DCL air. We were told they would not provide transfers to any guest with a flight before 11am.

Having enough time to get a VAT refund would depend on if there's a line & how long it is I suppose. Hopefully some recent cruisers can tell us more.
The line for the VAT refunds was very, very long. We didn't bother.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #663
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
I know on the BAltic cruise DCL had booked some early flights & those passengers had special arrangements made, including earlier debarkation than everyone else. Based on the DCL advice we didn't book the earlier BA flight so instead have to kill time until 3pm
I wouldn't have minded a later flight but this was the only one for the day. We were flying on USAirways miles so we would have had to spend another night in BCN. I have to return to work Monday so I really wanted to get home Saturday & unpack on Sunday.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #664
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

DisneyOHFan,
Was Villians Tonight showing on your day in Rome? I was just looking at Navigators from the June 1 sailing. If the shows will be staying the same or similar each week, I'd like to change our Palo res. That's the one show I really don't mind missing.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #665
UKSwans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2
DisneyOHFan,
Was Villians Tonight showing on your day in Rome? I was just looking at Navigators from the June 1 sailing. If the shows will be staying the same or similar each week, I'd like to change our Palo res. That's the one show I really don't mind missing.
Where did you find the Personal Navigators online? I've been searching for them and can only find old ones. The most recent I've found is out of Galveston!
UKSwans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #666
debsters41
DIS Veteran

At the top of the cruise line forum front page is a sectionfor tripreports there are a few from the first 7night med cruise. One of the authors has the navigators in her signature.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #667
UKSwans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41
At the top of the cruise line forum front page is a sectionfor tripreports there are a few from the first 7night med cruise. One of the authors has the navigators in her signature.
Thanks! I'll check it out!
UKSwans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #668
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Does anyone know if there are two semi formal nights on the 12n Med cruise like back in 2010? Thanks.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #669
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
Does anyone know if there are two semi formal nights on the 12n Med cruise like back in 2010? Thanks.
From DCL, one semi and one formal
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #670
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSwans View Post
Where did you find the Personal Navigators online? I've been searching for them and can only find old ones. The most recent I've found is out of Galveston!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators

Credit to Disney Mam of Wales, UK. Thanks!

I was able to change our Palo res to the evening after Rome. We'll be drop dead tired but dh loves Palo. It's free for platinum cruisers & it makes him so happy. He's working like a dog so we can really have a great time on this cruise. How can I say no?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #671
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators

Credit to Disney Mam of Wales, UK. Thanks!

I was able to change our Palo res to the evening after Rome. We'll be drop dead tired but dh loves Palo. It's free for platinum cruisers & it makes him so happy. He's working like a dog so we can really have a great time on this cruise. How can I say no?
I think being spoiled at Palo is the perfect end to a long hard excursion day! We had ours after a rough day and we realized we really needed it
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #672
n8tivecaligirl
Mouseketeer

We are doing Palo after Rome too. For us it fits best. It was that or in Venice but we wanted the flexibility of possibility of eating in Venice and not having to get back to the ship,

n8tivecaligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #673
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tivecaligirl View Post
We are doing Palo after Rome too. For us it fits best. It was that or in Venice but we wanted the flexibility of possibility of eating in Venice and not having to get back to the ship,
I've mentioned this on prior pages in this thread, but La Bitta was our fave restaurant in Venice during a "land" trip we did in 2009.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ce_Veneto.html

No seafood, just meat. It's a slogan that's on their card. My DH (who is not a seafood fan) had days of seafood w/me in Venice loved this place.

There is a FANTASTIC gelateria 3 doors down from La Bitta, and a supermarket just past the small square near the restaurant where you can stock up on waters, wine, chips, etc.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #674
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I've mentioned this on prior pages in this thread, but La Bitta was our fave restaurant in Venice during a "land" trip we did in 2009.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ce_Veneto.html

No seafood, just meat. It's a slogan that's on their card. My DH (who is not a seafood fan) had days of seafood w/me in Venice loved this place.

There is a FANTASTIC gelateria 3 doors down from La Bitta, and a supermarket just past the small square near the restaurant where you can stock up on waters, wine, chips, etc.
I so wanted to go here after reading your review and those on tripadvisor, but when we called they told us they are closed for the month of July
We'll just have to visit Venice again some time
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #675
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
I so wanted to go here after reading your review and those on tripadvisor, but when we called they told us they are closed for the month of July
We'll just have to visit Venice again some time
Oh no! That's too bad . Hmmmm well there's a good pizza place at the end of the Accademia bridge. Not the same level of yum obviously but very tasty comsidering where it's located. Good for a mid morning snack after visiting the Accademia.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: