Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
Kellywmac
Earning My Ears

What's latest time you've boarded in PC?

One in our party has no other option but to fly in the morning of the cruise departure day. Wondering how late in the afternoon others have boarded in PC. Our ship departure time lists as 3:45 pm. Thanks for any similar experience info.
Kellywmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:13 AM   #2
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

We generally board around 12-1pm, but have heard of others not boarding the cruise till 3pm which I think is the cut off point, as the life boat drill is normally held about 3.45?
Twitter:WickedDreamer
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Drusilla99
Mouseketeer

Our dcl transfer got us there my last trip by 1, so we boarded at around 1:30. That's been the latest for me.
Drusilla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellywmac View Post
One in our party has no other option but to fly in the morning of the cruise departure day. Wondering how late in the afternoon others have boarded in PC. Our ship departure time lists as 3:45 pm. Thanks for any similar experience info.
i think 'all aboard time' is 3:45. departure is usually 5.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

2:30 pm was my latest. The reason was I took DCL transfer from AKL and every other stop they had to chase down the guests. If you take DCL transport I beleive they will wait for you.
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemieu1 View Post
2:30 pm was my latest. The reason was I took DCL transfer from AKL and every other stop they had to chase down the guests. If you take DCL transport I beleive they will wait for you.
This frightens me we were thinking if staying at akl the night before our cruise. I am rethinking to the cr I hear they pick up first...the mk area in general with cr being first on the list.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
This frightens me we were thinking if staying at akl the night before our cruise. I am rethinking to the cr I hear they pick up first...the mk area in general with cr being first on the list.
DCL transfers from WDW may vary the routes depending on how many guests at which resorts need transportation to port that particular day. Your resort may be the only pick-up if a lot of passengers are coming from there, or the bus may pick-up from as many as 3 or 4 different resorts -- you could be first, last or in the middle. If taking DCL transfers from WDW, passengers should not expect to arrive at Port Canaveral until 1pm -- it may be a little earlier or it could be later, but the ship will wait for passengers arriving by DCL transfers.

OP -- I believe all passengers must be ONBOARD by 3:45pm. The muster drill is held at 4pm and all passengers must attend. You don't indicate what time the flight will arrive that day, hopefully it is before noon and you should be fine, probably even before 1pm, however if any delay occurs then all bets are off. Any chance there's a late night flight the night before?

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
But being on first wouldn't prevent you from being affected by that. If you're on the bus and every other stop has delays, you're still delayed. I think I'd rather be the last group picked up; at least I can go to a nice restroom, shop for souvenirs, or snag something to drink while waiting!

We boarded just before the rooms were ready. Considering that we were staying concierge and could have been among the first on, and our family who had driven in had been on from nearly the first group, this was most disappointing. I don't plan on taking transfers from WDW in the future. From MCO, yes; they start leaving around 9:30am. But not from WDW.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemieu1 View Post
Not always true. They do book the DCL transports so they should arrive to the port around 2pm even if people are late getting to the spot but they fact they chased people down on your bus means they were going above and beyond.

I know people were booked for DCL transport from the airport and the boat did not wait for them. They were told they could meet us in St. Maarten 3 days into a 7 day cruise. Also heard of people forgetting their times for pick up at the hotels and the bus leaving after waiting about 15 minutes for them. Family had to pay for a cab to the port. This was all on our January cruise last year.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: