Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #61
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopboop View Post
Sheesh, with this attitude, why bother going to a theme park at all!? Perhaps you don't understand how the Express passes work, or why they cost extra... If having shorter wait times is important to you, then buy the Express Pass. If it's not, then don't. *shrug*
Exactly. Why would anyone stay onsite if there were free fastpasses always available?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #62
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I am revisiting the idea now solely because I am a Harry Potter fan, but as a FL resident, it is a terrible value to just go to the parks for 1 day, pay for parking, get in an hour later than resort guests and have no "Express pass" unless staying on property. By no means am I happy with everything Disney is doing nowadays, but I consider Disney theming to be classic, and UsO theming to be extremely outdated. JMO
It's not going to be a good value to go for a single day...you're right. It's expensive as there are no discounts for single day tickets plus parking does add up. That's why having an AP is a good value especially if you're a FL resident.

I don't get the whole themeing thing. How can one thing be classic and something else be outdated? Future World is completely outdated...or is that classic? Tomorrowland needs a facelift...outdated or classic? To me it's outdated...not classic.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #63
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran

We may be going to Universal in August I purchased the tickets before Harry Potter opened at AAA they are for 7 days 2 parks tickets. We booked the bounce back free dining at Disney and I was thinking of driving over a couple of days. I considered going a couple days early staying at Universal then moving over to Disney but that would an extra expense for the resort and food. We could at least eat breakfast and dinner at Disney. Can we buy the express passes if we need them even though we have tickets already? My DS21 is autistic and doesn't do well waiting in long lines. Thanks, Linda
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Aug 14
jerseygirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #64
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
Can we buy the express passes if we need them even though we have tickets already? My DS21 is autistic and doesn't do well waiting in long lines. Thanks, Linda
Yes you can. Express Plus passes are separate tickets that do not tie into your park tickets. They are sold throughout both parks.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #65
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
We may be going to Universal in August I purchased the tickets before Harry Potter opened at AAA they are for 7 days 2 parks tickets. We booked the bounce back free dining at Disney and I was thinking of driving over a couple of days. I considered going a couple days early staying at Universal then moving over to Disney but that would an extra expense for the resort and food. We could at least eat breakfast and dinner at Disney. Can we buy the express passes if we need them even though we have tickets already? My DS21 is autistic and doesn't do well waiting in long lines. Thanks, Linda
You can also go to Guest Services and get an Attraction Assistance Pass; it is free for those who can't handle lines due to a disability. When the wait time at a ride is under 30 minutes, you will be immediately let into the Express queue. However, if the line is over 30 minutes you will be issued a return time to come back. This works at all attractions, including those that do not normally accept Express Passes.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #66
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Yes you can. Express Plus passes are separate tickets that do not tie into your park tickets. They are sold throughout both parks.
Thank you that's good to know, I will wait till we get there and see how the crowds are. Linda
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Old 02-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #67
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkofSunshine View Post
You can also go to Guest Services and get an Attraction Assistance Pass; it is free for those who can't handle lines due to a disability. When the wait time at a ride is under 30 minutes, you will be immediately let into the Express queue. However, if the line is over 30 minutes you will be issued a return time to come back. This works at all attractions, including those that do not normally accept Express Passes.
Thank you we will definitely look into this! Linda
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #68
klstiger
Mouseketeer

Thanksgiving day and friday after?

My son and I are looking to arrive Thanksgiving day and stay to Friday. We are checking into Disney Saturday for a week.

I am not familiar with Universal and only been once about 5 years ago and the park was reserved just for us for a trade show group.

Is there a way I can see historical info about crowd levels for those two days? If I know that, I think then I can decide to stay onsite to take advantage of the front of the line ticket option or to stay offsite.

To make sure I understand this, only the onsite resorts offer the unlimited express line? But I could stay at a near by resort and just add the unlimited express the day of IF the crowds are bad? Or what you can add the day of, is only good for one time per ride????

Sorry if I am confusing....
Thanks for your help!

Kristy
klstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #69
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klstiger View Post
My son and I are looking to arrive Thanksgiving day and stay to Friday. We are checking into Disney Saturday for a week.

I am not familiar with Universal and only been once about 5 years ago and the park was reserved just for us for a trade show group.

Is there a way I can see historical info about crowd levels for those two days? If I know that, I think then I can decide to stay onsite to take advantage of the front of the line ticket option or to stay offsite.

To make sure I understand this, only the onsite resorts offer the unlimited express line? But I could stay at a near by resort and just add the unlimited express the day of IF the crowds are bad? Or what you can add the day of, is only good for one time per ride????

Sorry if I am confusing....
Thanks for your help!
Extremely BUSY those days 8 and 9 -Th/F-out of 10 per touring plans( touringplans now has a crowd calendar for US/IOA).IF you stay onsite at PBH,RPR and HRH( I say this specifically because the new resort Cabana Beach which opens NEXT March is NOT eligible for express pass benefits) you get unlimited express pass.You can buy express pass in the parks, but it is limited to ONE ride per attraction, there is an unlimited version but I believe it is part of the VIP pkg which is pricey.For 2 park express access those days it will be $69.99 PER PERSON not incl. park admission.Also we dont recommend buying it till you get there.They are PARK specific, DATE specfic and NON REFUNDABLE for any reason.
Express pass cost goes up with projected crowd levels so it is quite possible it could be more than that when the dates come closer.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #70
klstiger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Extremely BUSY those days 8 and 9 -Th/F-out of 10 per touring plans( touringplans now has a crowd calendar for US/IOA).IF you stay onsite at PBH,RPR and HRH( I say this specifically because the new resort Cabana Beach which opens NEXT March is NOT eligible for express pass benefits) you get unlimited express pass.You can buy express pass in the parks, but it is limited to ONE ride per attraction, there is an unlimited version but I believe it is part of the VIP pkg which is pricey.For 2 park express access those days it will be $69.99 PER PERSON not incl. park admission.Also we dont recommend buying it till you get there.They are PARK specific, DATE specfic and NON REFUNDABLE for any reason.
Express pass cost goes up with projected crowd levels so it is quite possible it could be more than that when the dates come closer.

So I should just stay at there on site resort correct? THoughts?

Kristy
klstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #71
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would if you can.They are definitely worth the money if you have it.they are deluxe resorts, very pretty and quite nice ( except the new one that is under construction) and all within strolling distance to the gates.They also each have a dedicated boat to the parks.The unlimited express pass plus early entry for onsite guests will make touring alot easier, you wont need to plan anything other than the Harry Potter stuff
Old 02-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #72
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
If you can swing it to stay onsite, do it...especially during a holiday weekend.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #73
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopboop View Post
Sheesh, with this attitude, why bother going to a theme park at all!? Perhaps you don't understand how the Express passes work, or why they cost extra... If having shorter wait times is important to you, then buy the Express Pass. If it's not, then don't. *shrug*
OR you could just go to Disney and use a free fast-pass!
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #74
glocon
DIS Veteran

The main difference with the ep that you get when staying at an onsite resort and the one you purchase is that the resort ep is unlimited. You can ride 5 or more rides on the busiest of days in an hour, more on less busy days. The free WDW fastpass, well free IS good, but how many can you get in a day- 4,5,6? Can't even compare Disney's fp or the UO one time per ride ep with the onsite unlimited ep!

Totally different park experience- and well worth it.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #75
snoopboop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney View Post
OR you could just go to Disney and use a free fast-pass!
I think there are quite a few people who believe they work the same way, unfortunately...
snoopboop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: