Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Disbound
Mouseketeer

March concert questions

Never having been to any concerts here and not having been to Universal for many years all this is new to me and I really need your help! We are hoping to see Matchbox 20 on March 16th. Which park do you need the ticket for to get in? Where is the Main Stage? We were hoping to do the Harry Potter etc that day early... is it trying to do too much? Do you need special tickets for the concert itself or is it included in the park pass? Where do I find the time schedule for these events? Thanks in advance! Signed, Clueless
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbound View Post
Never having been to any concerts here and not having been to Universal for many years all this is new to me and I really need your help! We are hoping to see Matchbox 20 on March 16th. Which park do you need the ticket for to get in? Where is the Main Stage? We were hoping to do the Harry Potter etc that day early... is it trying to do too much? Do you need special tickets for the concert itself or is it included in the park pass? Where do I find the time schedule for these events? Thanks in advance! Signed, Clueless
Mardi Gras festivities are held inside the Studios park including the parade and concert. You will need a park ticket to enter but there is no additional charge or ticket for the concert...it's included with your admission. Here is the schedule for the concerts:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Eve.../Concerts.aspx

Since you want to do HP, you would need the two park base ticket as you can't use the same ticket for both parks w/o paying for park to park access. The Universal Music Plaza is located in front of Monsters Cafe and the Rockit coaster. There are no seats...it's all standing room only.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Disbound
Mouseketeer

thanks for the info! a few more questions... is it correct the parade starts around 7:00 or so and the concert after that around 8:00? with regards to the admission ticket to both parks, will that include getting into the nightclubs as well? Did I read somewhere that the rides are closed for the night at the start of the parade? We were thinking my husband and I could go grab a cocktail while the teens went back into the parks for a bit, but if they are closed that won't be an option. Thanks again!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
villavic
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
thanks for the info! a few more questions... is it correct the parade starts around 7:00 or so and the concert after that around 8:00?
I read somewhere that the concert starts 45 minutes after the parade.

I want to see Pat Benatar on march 30, it's a priority higher than the parade, and I'd really like to be within the first front roads. Do you think I can see the parade on the zone near the main stage and then walk fast and reach a good place near the stage? Or do you recommend to sacrify the parade and be in the main stage earlier(like people who get earlier to see Fantasmic)?

Thanks for your help (this is my first post).
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
thanks for the info! a few more questions... is it correct the parade starts around 7:00 or so and the concert after that around 8:00? with regards to the admission ticket to both parks, will that include getting into the nightclubs as well? Did I read somewhere that the rides are closed for the night at the start of the parade? We were thinking my husband and I could go grab a cocktail while the teens went back into the parks for a bit, but if they are closed that won't be an option. Thanks again!
The posted concert times for 3/2 and 3/9 are 8:30PM which means the parade will begin at 7:45PM. However since DST begins on 3/10, any concert starting 3/16 and later will begin around 9pm with the parade starting around 8:45PM...so push everything back an hour. Park hours change almost daily during this time so make sure you check before making plans. You can enter the park until closing...what ever time that will be when you visit. Everything is open until closing but once the park closes, all attractions close as well as restaurants. About the only place that's open during and after the concert are the food stalls and Universal store near the park entrance. If you wanted to head to CityWalk for a drink or dinner and return, that's fine...just make sure you allow yourselves enough time to re-enter the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villavic View Post
Welcome!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by villavic View Post
I read somewhere that the concert starts 45 minutes after the parade.

I want to see Pat Benatar on march 30, it's a priority higher than the parade, and I'd really like to be within the first front roads. Do you think I can see the parade on the zone near the main stage and then walk fast and reach a good place near the stage? Or do you recommend to sacrify the parade and be in the main stage earlier(like people who get earlier to see Fantasmic)?

Judging by her concert 2 years ago, Pat Benetar is probably the #2 draw this year (second only to Pitbull). If you want to be up front, don't just skip the parade, plan on hanging out in front of the stage at least a couple hours before showtime. If you watch the parade, you'll be watching from Monsters Cafe at best.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Judging by her concert 2 years ago, Pat Benetar is probably the #2 draw this year (second only to Pitbull). If you want to be up front, don't just skip the parade, plan on hanging out in front of the stage at least a couple hours before showtime. If you watch the parade, you'll be watching from Monsters Cafe at best.
Agree...that's the only bad thing about Mardi Gras. You have to choose between the concert and parade most of the time.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
villavic
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
If you want to be up front, don't just skip the parade, plan on hanging out in front of the stage at least a couple hours before showtime. .
No doubt I'll be on time!! Thanks!
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: