Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

CBR or CSR?

Ok...I have a dilemna. We are staying VWL for 5 days and then transferring to a different resort for our final 2 days. We may be somewhat parked out by this point and after looking at videos, reading reviews, etc....I thought I would get some advice from the great people here!

I am thinking about CBR or CS. Both appeal to me in different ways but thought I would ask a few questions.

We are a group of 4 adults and 3 teenage daughters. Theming is not an issue here. We are looking for the resort with the best pool area without hopefully being over-run by the little ones (yes I know it's Disney and lots of kids, kids don't bother me at all ). Clean, comfortable rooms, etc. I can't add to my stay at VWL or I probably would and the price range I am looking at is definitely moderate.

In case some of us want to go to a park, overall, which has typically had the better bus service?

For anyone that's been....pros and cons of both if you have them please.

Update!- Found a few threads with exactly this same question, go figure . Guess I didn't search well enough!!

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ

Last edited by softballmom3; 01-12-2013 at 01:07 PM.
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
tjherring
Earning My Ears

CS hands down, no contest (in my humble opinion ). CBR can feel a little tired/outdated as it is the oldest of the moderates. CS is the newest of the moderates and can feel just a little more upscale as this resort likes to cater to the business crowds. Outstanding main pool area, better on-site dining and traditionally better bus service. CBR is massive, CS is quite large as well so you may want to consider a preferred room upgrade. You'll have a blast whichever you choose, I just strongly prefer CS!
tjherring is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjherring View Post
CS hands down, no contest (in my humble opinion ). CBR can feel a little tired/outdated as it is the oldest of the moderates. CS is the newest of the moderates and can feel just a little more upscale as this resort likes to cater to the business crowds. Outstanding main pool area, better on-site dining and traditionally better bus service. CBR is massive, CS is quite large as well so you may want to consider a preferred room upgrade. You'll have a blast whichever you choose, I just strongly prefer CS!
Thats kind of what I wanted to hear .

2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Our family prefers CBR but I think your family might prefer CSR. It felt more adult to us but there were a lot of kids in the quiet pools and the main pool. As for bus service, to me it's a wash between the two resorts. We had fantastic bus service at CBR last April. Our bus service was also great at CSR but I feel it was because of e section we stayed in. We were in casitas which is the first pick up. Every morning after our stop the bus was either almost filled or filled, then rancheros section filled it completely. The first cabanas stop would sometime add a few more folks (standing room only of course) and we were unable to even stop at bus stop #4 because we were so full. I feel if we hadn't stayed in casitas I would have thought the bus service was poor. Another factor is that during our stay there was only a very small convention so most guests were there for the theme parks. If you get a good size convention it's better bus service, IMO.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

CSR. It feels more like a resort and less like a motel, if that makes any sense. Plus CSR has queen sized beds while CBR still has doubles.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Thanks all! I think I am going to go this route unless POFQ comes up with some kind of phenomenal discount.

Now...just gonna wait and see if any reviews come in about staying business class for the lounge. -- whether it's worth it or not .

2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: