Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
jaideo
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your review. I can't wait to go there. We will be staying at the POFQ in July for 19 days.

Regard
jaideo
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I always stay at POR, but I always love the view of POFQ from the water taxi on the way back from DTD in the evening. I always end my day at a resort for dinner and take the bus back to DTD. I normally leisurely wind my way over to the Marketplace dock with a brief detour through the Christmas shop every night.....

I just love the entire vibe of POFQ at night; it does really look so quaint and beautiful.
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #18
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

I am lovin' reading all these positive comments about POFQ!

Hubby and I are booking our first couples only trip soon, and wanting to do something different this trip, we are strongly leaning towards FQ.
I have been hard pressed to find many negatives at all

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #19
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Talking

its a beautiful resort. We still prefer the POR tho. Although the size is so much larger, we request preferred rooms, so we always get where we want, AB 18 14 or the building next to it. We love the idea of the Xtra quiet pools and the larger more expansive food court, plus the restaurant (we think) has better options..the store is also larger and for a shopper thats also a Plus, lol
One last thing, the main pool are at fq is more Kiddo like, versus POR...once again whats so great about disney....a resort for everyone...The DTD boat is such a PLUS from both resorts...and we too, walk between them, even sometimes take the bus from MK to fq, as they seem to always get faster bus service....we just take the leisurely walk to POR along the lighted path...

have an AMAZING time at the Port Orleans....FQ or Riverside!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Glad your family had a good time at POFQ! The resort sounds very nice and I look forward to trying it one day!

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #21
Bearybear
A firm believer in the unbelievable

Until our last trip, we'd only stayed at Deluxe resorts, mostly because we wanted queen sized beds. Last time, trying to save a little money, we decided on POFQ. Oh, how we loved it! We liked it more than the Contemporary (although we did miss the walk to the MK). The resort was so small and quiet. We're actually staying there again in a month, per my DH's request. The only thing we didn't really like is there is no quiet pool, and sometimes the main pool would be very loud with the beach party they throw for the kids.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #22
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Ah, I'm sold! I'm taking my mom to celebrate her birthday and retirement at the end of April. She loves New Orleans and when I mentioned a resort with that theme she was excited. I was waffling between POR and FQ because of the restaurant availability, but the idea of walking the grounds over to POR sounds lovely and the small/quiet aspect is very attractive. AND the CS takes TIW, which I have from our last visit. She's not a pool person, so that doesn't matter. The launch to DTD is a big selling point for the Port Orleans resorts, for me.

Did anyone go to the Scat Cat Lounge? I was wondering what was on the menu for munchies. Ooooh, just saw the musician's page. She's going to love all of the entertainment.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

They no longer serve food in the SCL but the food court is right next to it and you are welcome to bring food in. Elliot Dyson is well worth watching. He is a must do every trip for us.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,

Last edited by wezee; 01-26-2013 at 04:46 AM.
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearybear View Post
Until our last trip, we'd only stayed at Deluxe resorts, mostly because we wanted queen sized beds. Last time, trying to save a little money, we decided on POFQ. Oh, how we loved it! We liked it more than the Contemporary (although we did miss the walk to the MK). The resort was so small and quiet. We're actually staying there again in a month, per my DH's request. The only thing we didn't really like is there is no quiet pool, and sometimes the main pool would be very loud with the beach party they throw for the kids.
You can walk over to POR. We found the noise not as loud at their main pool(might be becos it's a bigger area). Plus one of the quiet pools at POR isn't too far from POFQ.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
Mickey_for_President
My job's only purpose is to support our WDW habit.

LOVE POFQ!

Greg and I have stayed there a couple times when it was just the two of us. Very romantic. Love the boat. AND the bus picks you up/drops you off before POR for the parks. So, you will have a spot to sit (on the way to the park, at least). For two of the parks, there is a dedicated bus. So... one stop with less guests than other resorts = quicker transportation.
(8/13) May - June 2009: A-S Spo (Adults Only!)... (9/13) May 2010: Pop (Adults Only!)... (10/13)
Dec '12 - Jan '13: PO:FQ (Adults Only!)... (11/13) April 2013: AKL... (12/13) Feb 2014: Offsite... (13/13) Jan 2015: AofA & PO:FQ (BFF Trip!)
Mickey_for_President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

Our family loves POFQ. We have stayed there 5 or 6 times. It is our favorite of the moderates and probably one of three resorts over all that we love when staying at WDW. Love the size, theming, food court, pool, and boat to Downtown. We have stayed in building 5 all but one time. Then we stayed in building 6. It was just as nice and close to everything. That is one of the great things about staying at this resort. No matter which building you're staying in you are just a quick walk to everthing. When coming back at the end of a long day the walk back your room is short. We have always had a court yard view. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed your stay.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #27
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

I arrive in ten days and I just fell a little bit more in love with FQ after your review! This is exactly why I booked this resort, quaint with amenities close by and the lovely decoration.

My request was for building 4, corner room.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
iuki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciera321 View Post
We just returned from our first stay at POFQ. We've stayed at almost all of the other Disney resorts except for the values, just Pop in that category.

I went with the assumption that it would be OK, that we were only there for a short 6 night stay and we could go back to our favorites next time. Well, we absolutely loved it!!! After staying at some of the largest Disney resorts, we found the size of this resort to be perfect. The word that kept coming to mind was quaint. The narrow streets, all the ironwork, the various colors on the buildings, it was a very pleasant surprise. I had requested building 5 and we looked out onto the area they play the nightly movies, room 5343. This was a wonderful location, close to everything. My DH would go down to get coffee every morning and round trip from our door and back was 4 minutes! The boat ride to DTD was a perk we enjoyed when we stayed at POR, and used it 3 times.

One evening we went over to Riverside to see Bob Jackson. We saw him a few years back and he seemed even more energetic this trip. I really don't know how he keeps that level, but he is absolutely great entertainer! I can't wait to plan our next trip to POFQ!!!

Does Ethyl still work in the FQ restaurant? She was always so friendly and always singing happy birthday to patrons.
iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #29
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
I arrive in ten days and I just fell a little bit more in love with FQ after your review! This is exactly why I booked this resort, quaint with amenities close by and the lovely decoration.

My request was for building 4, corner room.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Building 4 worked out great for us. Had a blast decorating our windows although I did not see alot of that at POFQ - it was fun anyway.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #30
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I'm so glad I found this thread. I have pretty much narrowed down all the choices to this one. (I really had wanted to do Poly but can't bring myself to pay that much! ) Summer 2014 will be our first trip ever to WDW so I really have no idea what I'm doing. Glad to hear that people loved it and are excited to go back to it even after trying other resorts. I'm thinking we would just do a standard view unless someone gives me an awesome reason to upgrade.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: