Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
disneymagicgirlsdd
Earning My Ears

Buses at Beach Club?

Does anyone know how bad the bus wait is at BCR? How long does it take to get to/from the parks? And would you recommend the bus or the boat to HS? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #2
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirlsdd View Post
Does anyone know how bad the bus wait is at BCR? How long does it take to get to/from the parks? And would you recommend the bus or the boat to HS? Thanks!
Bus service at BC runs hot and cold. Some will tell you they had no problems, others will regale you of horror stories. It just depends on when you are there and what the park crowds are like. No bus service to Epcot or HS. Epcot is a walk. HS is a walk or a boat. If you are going to DTD, take the bus to DTD but take a cab back. If you are going to another resort for dinner and you don't want to take a long route back, take a cab. Plan on $20 for any cab fare where ever you go and you won't be too far off.

Happy planning!
Katesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here

We haven't had a problem with bus service at the BC, but that may be because we go at off times (have had some horrible runs at AKL). You can also take a ferry to/from Epcot, but it's probably faster to walk -- about 5 minutes to International Gateway. Never taken a cab.

**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
gypsydoodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Bus service at BC runs hot and cold. Some will tell you they had no problems, others will regale you of horror stories. It just depends on when you are there and what the park crowds are like.
The same could be said for every Disney resort.

Seriously, though, OP, the maximum wait between buses for any given destination should be about 20 minutes. Sure, stuff can happen and there can be a delay, but by and large, that's what you'll find.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

We've stayed there twice & the bus service is no better or worse than any other resort. Busses at any resort are hit or miss. It takes about 15-20 min to get to MK, 10-15 to AK. There is no bus to Epcot or DHS, you have the option to walk or take the boat. Since the boat dock is over by YC, walking directly to Epcot is quicker. We prefer to take the boat to DHS.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

We always take the boat to HS...or walk. The nice thing about BCV is that we can always walk to EP or HS if the lines are too long for the boat. The buses to MK and AK- we have never had a problem with. Obviously, that depends on the crowd levels, in general, when you are there. We will be there in about 11 days...BCV! yah!!!!!!

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the BC in December for 8 days. We walked to Epcot, took the boat to DHS, skipped AK and took the bus to/from the MK multiple times. A couple of times we hopped to the MK from Epcot so took the monorail (or bus to the TTC once when that was down).

We got very lucky with our boat timing to/from DHS the two days we went there.

We never had a wait coming back from the MK at any point of the day or night more than a few minutes which was very lucky I think. We had probably about a 15 minute wait going once which I wouldn't consider too bad, but there was a couple there complaining that they had been waiting quite a long time. The other times we got the bus there more than 5 minutes.

I also had heard before we left the buses may stop at the other area hotels, our bus only ever went to the YC/BC.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

I never found the wait for buses to be all that bad at BC. However, all the stops the buses made drove us crazy, both going to and returning from parks. We did not have our car with us on that trip, so we were more dependent than usual on the buses then.

Even though it's kind of a long trip, the boat ride to DHS from BC is very pleasant and I highly recommend it.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
andreajb
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the bc last April. The bus to magic kingdom was fine but animal kingdom was awful. It took forever going and coming with all of the stops. I would just drive to animal kimgdom instead of taking the bus. I love being able to walk to Epcot and take the boat to hs
andreajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I agree with the others, the bus service from the BC is about the same as from any resort. Some love it, some complain all the time.
We have never had a problem in our many, many trips. We usually only share with the YC, and went directly to the MK with no other stops.
We love being able to walk to both EC and DHS. There is no bus from the BC to DHS. The buses are only to MK, AK and DTD.
We too also budget for a few taxi rides over the week. Resort to resort travel can take quite a long time on the buses. So if we have a dinner ADR at another resort, we often cab it, at least home.
Have fun
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
Barnhill9586
DIS Dad's Club Member #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
We've stayed there twice & the bus service is no better or worse than any other resort. Busses at any resort are hit or miss. It takes about 15-20 min to get to MK, 10-15 to AK. There is no bus to Epcot or DHS, you have the option to walk or take the boat. Since the boat dock is over by YC, walking directly to Epcot is quicker. We prefer to take the boat to DHS.
Agree 100% and just wanted to add that our last two trips have been the week of Spring Break and the week of Thanksgiving and we had no problems with bus service and those are fairly crowded times.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #12
Barnhill9586
DIS Dad's Club Member #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirlsdd View Post
Wow, just noticed that our tickers almost match. Hope you have a great trip the BC is great!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #13
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
We've stayed there twice & the bus service is no better or worse than any other resort. Busses at any resort are hit or miss.
I agree entirely. We've stayed at BC many times over the past 21 years, and relatively frequently in the past few years. As you can see from my signature, we've also stayed at a number of other resorts, so we have a basis for comparison. Our BC/YC stays have spanned many months (January, February, March, April, July, August and October) and many seasons (value, peak, holiday, regular.) We've also been to WDW in December and May, but those were not BC stays.

In our experience (and we're a rope drop family, so it's primarily early morning experience) the bus goes straight to MK from BC and the trip takes about 15 minutes. If the bus is particularly empty, it stops at BWI and that adds about 3 minutes to the trip (I timed it once.) Yes, it stops at S/D and YC on the way back, but we always have the option of hopping off and walking back to our room at any point. Just doesn't bother us much - especially on the way back from the park. Making five stops at POR on the way TO Epcot from POFQ - now that made me a little antsy!

Now honestly, we don't love WDW buses but we like them more than driving. Our favorite mode of transportation is walking and that's why we really love BC - we can walk to both DHS and Epcot - no waiting for a bus or boat, no monorail delays, etc. And we prefer to reduce reliance on buses and experience different resorts by splitting our stay between the MK area and the Epcot area and using the monorail or our feet to get around. But that's another topic entirely!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Our bus problems at the BC were probably more due to the guests than Disney. But I don't understand why they don't just introduce queues at the mod and deluxe resorts. Just because you have money to stay there doesn't mean you will be better behaved when it comes time to load a bus.

We went last June with extended family. There were about 9 of us. Waited for one bus to MK, that one got full before we got on it, so we waited for the next one. We probably had to wait another 25 mins and this was first thing in the morning trying to get to rope drop (non-EMH day), so that was annoying all by itself. Meanwhile more people arrived. Yeah, you get the picture. We were "first in line" because we had been waiting longest but nobody cared when the bus came. I barely made it on with the rest of my family while dragging a toddler and an umbrella stroller (one in each hand). Complete chaos and very rude guests all around me. At least with queues you know who has been in line longest.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

We had horrible bus service while staying at YC Aug 2012. I compared YC's bus service with our July 2010 stay at the Poly. The Poly bus service wins hands down, as there were fewer stops and less wait time between bus arrivals.

The bus to MK stops at YC, then BC, then Swan then Dolphin and sometimes then to BW. The bus stops alone took around 25 minutes, then we would finally get off to MK. Between waiting for the bus to arrive, the multiple bus stops and the MK trip, it took over 60 min to get to MK.

We used a cab many times for our YC stay. To the front of EPCOT, I needed to get to a tour that started before the IG opened. To DTD and to both waterparks. I have never used a cab at any other WDW hotel.

We did not let the poor bus service deter us from a great vacation, it was just noticeable compared to our Poly and AKL stay.

YC/BC hotels are in a great location to get to the IG of EPCOT, took us 6min to walk. Nice boat ride, but faster to walk to DS.

I wouldn't let the bus situation stop us from staying at an EPCOT resort again or recommending it to a friend.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach club, boats, buses, hollywood studios, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: