Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #316
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizdreamer1955 View Post
I think $160 for a 10K is too much. $500 for all three races is too much. Of course, it will sell out...
$160 is well beyond too much for a 10K.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #317
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathrockskallen View Post
So I recently ran a 2:25 half. Is that good enough to be considered less than a 5:00 full or do they use some sort of conversion table...because in reality there's no way I could just double my time in the full!! But if they'll take it...I'll submit it!
For this years full I submitted a half time of 2:28:50. And they put me in corral D. If you submit your 2:25 and tell them your anticipated finish time is something under 5hrs (but above, maybe, 4:45), they will take it. Or have in the past..

Here's a pace calculator: http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #318
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Here's the link that caused the DOPEY stir...originally posted yesterday in the teamrundisney group on fb, I believe:
http://www.active.com/running/lake-b...=Event_Details

Thanks longhorns2/Patty for posting about it in other groups on fb!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #319
papaof3
King of my Castle

160 for a 10KM running race and 500 for all the races. Those prices are exactly that= dopey. I run marathons in NYS for 80 bucks and 10kms races for 25 bucks. I guess looking at the prices the marathon is really the best deal Disney has going.
That dopey will be a race for those with lots of cash laying around IMHO.
These prices are getting up there with race Ironman triathlons.
But agree, people will spend and sign up.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #320
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
So last night everyone was a twitter about this info:

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogs...mored-10k.html

Dopey going to be OFFICIAL with adding a 10K into the mix? What do yall think?
160 the same price as the FULL!!! 500 for all races this is getting beyond ridiculous!!!! I never in my life imagine paying 160 for a 10k!!! But just like everyone else said. People will pay to be packed in like cattle!!!

MaMa3Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #321
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

They updated the active site. 10K price drop!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogs...nge-alert.html

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #322
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

So we don't know what the structure if Dopey is yet do we? Is it 10k & half like Dumbo and that would equate to 5 medals? 10k, half, dopey, full, goofy? Or is it 10k, half, full, no goofy but dopey? Or is the 5k included in this mix as well?

So many questions... And here I was going to do "just" the marathon... Lol.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #323
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
So we don't know what the structure if Dopey is yet do we? Is it 10k & half like Dumbo and that would equate to 5 medals? 10k, half, dopey, full, goofy? Or is it 10k, half, full, no goofy but dopey? Or is the 5k included in this mix as well?
My guess is that since they don't time the 5K (do they even keep track of who's crossed the finish line or not?) that the Dopey will be the 10k/half/full, just so they can verify that each person actually earned it. Though, do they verify that for the Goofy, or can you technically skip the half and run the full with your Goofy bib and get the medal?
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #324
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
My guess is that since they don't time the 5K (do they even keep track of who's crossed the finish line or not?) that the Dopey will be the 10k/half/full, just so they can verify that each person actually earned it. Though, do they verify that for the Goofy, or can you technically skip the half and run the full with your Goofy bib and get the medal?
They didn't verify that I had completed the half when I did Goofy this year. I did complete it (just want that to be known, lol) but after the full I just walked to the Goofy tent, they saw my Goofy bib and I got the medal.

I think you are right though and Dopey would be 10K/Half/Full.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #325
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Got an email from runDisney:

"Good afternoon Liz,

Thank you for your email. Stay tuned to the runDisney page, Twitter and
Facebook for an official announcement of our plans at 3pm EST. Have a
great day.

runDisney"

10 mins! :D
Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #326
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Yay!! I was right!!!

Dopey Challenge
Thursday, January 9 - Sunday, January 12, 2014
Start/Finish: Epcot®

Run 48.6 miles of fun in the Dopey Challenge!

Are you ready for the ultimate endurance challenge? Then take part in four days of fun for a total of 48.6 miles in the all-new Dopey Challenge! Participants will run the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon, and if you complete all four races within the pacing requirements you will be awarded the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge medal and the brand new Dopey Challenge finisher medal for a total of six pieces of "bling."

You must register for the Dopey Challenge to receive the Goofy Challenge and Dopey Challenge medals upon completion of all four races within the pacing requirements. Registering for these four events individually will not enable you to receive the challenge medals.

The Dopey Challenge will feature:
Four courses through Walt Disney World® Theme Parks totaling 48.6 miles
Disney Characters and Entertainment on-course
Event Weekend Transportation for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests
Family Reunion Area with entertainment and characters
Indulge and unwind at the Downtown Disney® After Party (Sunday evening)

Race participants in the Dopey Challenge will receive:
Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Tech Shirts for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge & Dopey Challenge, and 5K Unisex T-Shirt*
Special Dopey finisher medal, along with the commemorative medals for the Marathon, Half Marathon & Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge, and the 5K finisher medallion*
Official Race Program Guide*
iGiftBag
Personalized bib (Must register by November 1, 2013 for name to appear on bib)*
On-course and post-race refreshments
ChronoTrack B-tag timed race
Personalized results website

Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.

* Participants must attend Packet Pick-up at Disney's Health & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers during the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #327
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

According to the Disney Parks Blog, the 10k medal will be Minnie. After complaining about the initial $160 price, and then the price dropping, and that piece of news, I'm wondering if I can swing both the 10k and half...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...athon-weekend/

"That coveted piece of hardware will be clanging around the necks of our finishers with the Mickey Marathon medal, the Donald Half medal, the 5K Family Fun Run medal, the Goofy Challenge medal, and the new Minnie 10K medal."

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #328
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

announcement video..

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E6v0AtMJwnE
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #329
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

This is so exciting, I just wish the 5k and the 10k were on the same day!! It's going to be alot of bling!!!!

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #330
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

I'll be doing the 10K and Goofy if the Donald and/or Goofy medals change. With the 5K on Thursday I can't participate in Dopey because of work.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: