Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #241
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
I am not sure everythign you are saying. Can you clear it up a little. First, are you saying (I have not completed a half or full) that I should put 5:01 as my estimated time when I register in April?

If I do, are you saying it is hard to revised it if I do run a half and get a great time?

FInally, are you saying people line up in corrals ahead of where they should?
I am saying if you do not have a time that supports a sub 5 hour marathon and you are not sure that you will have speed that will carry you into the sub 5 hour range, put down a 5:01 on the race entry form. If later you find that you run a half that would support a sub 5 marathon, then submit those results and you will be assigned a faster corral. The reassignment is rather painless. If your trial half does not support a sub 5 marathon, there is no need to revise your estimated time. You can always start in a slower corral if you are struggling to run 5 hour pace.

Hope this helps.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #242
tcmata
DIS Veteran

Just waiting for registration to open up!! This January was the first marathon and first Goofy for DH and I and we had a great time! Even before it was over, we each said we were doing it again next year!! It was a great experience! We just completed the Princess last weekend and that was fun as well (although hot and humid even for these Texas runners!).

DH is a much stronger runner than me and can complete a half in 1:40 with little true "training". But he made the decision that we run Disney races together and marathon weekend was our first (previously either one or the other of us raced while the other watched the kids). He paced me at the Princess and I managed an 8 minute PR over Janaury. I know I could have done better and have a goal in mind for next time. Trying to schedule some 10k's around here and working on improving my time.

Had my first post race run yesterday and it went well! Ready to work on my plan for the next few months!!
tcmata is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #243
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

I'm pushing myself for time during my half in late April so I can use it as proof of time. As posted in my signature, my first two are similar times, and I couldn't run my second one for time because of the weather. I woke up on race day and knew that plan was out the window.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://arunnershenanigans.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #244
tcmata
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post
I'm pushing myself for time during my half in late April so I can use it as proof of time. As posted in my signature, my first two are similar times, and I couldn't run my second one for time because of the weather. I woke up on race day and knew that plan was out the window.
The Dallas half was brutal!! I was just glad to finish that one! Hoping for much better weather this year (although I don't want the constant rain of the previous year!!).
tcmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #245
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmata View Post
The Dallas half was brutal!! I was just glad to finish that one! Hoping for much better weather this year (although I don't want the constant rain of the previous year!!).
Despite not being able to do it for time, I was actually happy with the time I got. I'm not running it this year, not because of the weather, but because I did not like the course at all.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://arunnershenanigans.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #246
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Didnt think of this fast enough .. My bro owns at BLT, wish I would have planned ahead, he has 37 points left, friday night and sat night in a studio standard view are 32 points.. But right now none available. Would have booked that and used it for my base of operations so I could use the monorail for transportation for 1/2 and full. Lake view is available but need 38 points!!! And cannot buy that extra til 7 months out.. Waitlisted the standard view, but i have a feeling they wont free up. Oh well, have our room at AKL and am sure transportation will still work out for me ok.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #247
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Didnt think of this fast enough .. My bro owns at BLT, wish I would have planned ahead, he has 37 points left, friday night and sat night in a studio standard view are 32 points.. But right now none available. Would have booked that and used it for my base of operations so I could use the monorail for transportation for 1/2 and full. Lake view is available but need 38 points!!! And cannot buy that extra til 7 months out.. Waitlisted the standard view, but i have a feeling they wont free up. Oh well, have our room at AKL and am sure transportation will still work out for me ok.
This may be a long shot and you'd have to get your brother to go for it, but you could find someone to transfer in that extra point for you. Transfer points keep their home resort so you'd be able to use it before the 7 month mark for the lake view reservation.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #248
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

yea... i have thought about that.. I just had to laugh when it was one point short.. and his UY is march, so wont be able to borrow any til after the race...

If the waitlist comes thru, great.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #249
mickeyd78
Mouseketeer

Just booked flights from Australia so I can come and run the marathon!!. It will be my first marathon, so I'm looking forward to following this thread for advice an tips.
mickeyd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #250
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

is it too early to book rooms? Every time I check Disneyworld.com for a room that weekend, it says "no availability" Is it really filled up already or just a glitch in their system? maybe it would be better if I call....
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #251
dburg30

Happy 10 months til 1/2 marathon everyone!! How is everyone doing?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #252
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
is it too early to book rooms? Every time I check Disneyworld.com for a room that weekend, it says "no availability" Is it really filled up already or just a glitch in their system? maybe it would be better if I call....
Just call. I've been having the same problem for a month. It shows no availability resort wide and that just can't be right. Sadly I'm not ready to book yet but just like to play fantasy vacation when I'm bored at work.
One Short Day in the Magic Kingdom: March 2007, South By Southwest: October 2007, June 2008 BFF Trip, Five Cougars and a Mouse: October 2009, Sisters in the World: March 2010, October 2012 Semi-solo adventure

DancinDaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #253
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

To make reservations this far in advance, you're going to have to call. They cannot give you any rate info at this time, BUT they can at least get you in at your resort of choice.

Pay your $200 deposit now, and you can always change the details later.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #254
beachta1
Mouseketeer

I'm excited. Had my first 10 mile run yesterday. I'm running a half in May and then I'll be working my way up (slowly but surely) to 20+ miles before January!!
beachta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #255
baseballmickey
DDC #644

I just booked our room for marathon weekend. We rented DVC points (we are dvc members but we were out of points) and booked a studio for the weekend at OKW. $600 for room only, for 4 nights, Thursday-Sunday.

My first 5k is in 2 weeks. 10k in May. Possible half in October. Slowly but surely!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: