Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #196
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait
Looks like I will not be staying in the OKW resort for 2014 SO... The weather will be temperate.

I came down with the flu just after Goofy and last week was the first time I could string together a run where I did not feel like I was trying to run with a microscopic branchial system. I was attempting to start a streak... guess that started last week instead of last December.

I am planning on running all Disney FL races in 2014. This real issue for me is that I really do not like paying $50+ for untimed events (aka 5k events).

ORN (obligatory running note): Ran a really slow 3 miler this morning.
Sorry that OKW is out! What do you mean the weather will be temperate? For January 2014? What forecast are you looking at that is predicting 2014? I'm interested in looking at that because I plan on several races also!!

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #197
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
I was hit by a car in 2009 while on a business trip to Marco Island. I came out 100% lucky on the incident coming out with a nice set of bruises.

You are on the right track... take it slow and easy - one day at a time. You are going to have a great half
thanks! Its scary to think about how many people have been hit while walking/running! I consider myself lucky as well...it could have been a lot worse! The physical injuries are one thing ...the psychological injury I think is worse I have lingering anxiety about running/walking near busy roads, and mostly moved to walking/running on side streets or trails. (or on a treadmill since we just got 2 feet of snow dumped on us last week) One day at a time!! Looking forward to running the 1/2 and taking my life back!
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #198
allsassy612
Earning My Ears

I am IN!! Hubby & I are going to do the 5k together. And my best friend & I will be doing the half marathon together. She is also going for the Goofy challenge that weekend. Soooo excited! Let the training begin :-)
allsassy612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #199
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like I will not be staying in the OKW resort for 2014 SO... The weather will be temperate.

I came down with the flu just after Goofy and last week was the first time I could string together a run where I did not feel like I was trying to run with a microscopic branchial system. I was attempting to start a streak... guess that started last week instead of last December.

I am planning on running all Disney FL races in 2014. This real issue for me is that I really do not like paying $50+ for untimed events (aka 5k events).

My very slow running self (especially in the heat and humidity) is grateful you aren't going to stay at OKW for 2014!

I hope you feel much better soon - breathing is extremely important even when you aren't running.

I agree on the high and increasing prices of the untimed events, but somehow I keep suckering myself into a lot of them...

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #200
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yay!!!! No OKW for Coach! All 2014 Marathoners thank you! Hopefully you aren't staying at the same place you did when it was sleeting a few years ago. I'm hoping for normal temperatures for my first Goofy!

Glad your feeling better and able to run, even if it is a slow run.
Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #201
Schmoopsie Poo!
I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky!

Hi everyone!!

I'm a high school student (not much of a runner, but enjoying it more all the time!) soon to be a college freshman! My best friend and I are *considering* registering for the full next year to cross it off of our bucket list (you only live once, right?? ) but the biggest barrier for us poor, broke students is price tag!! I just wanted to confirm that the rates for the value resorts are not out yet, ask when they are supposed to be released, and ask if anyone who has done WDW Marathon before can give me a ballpark estimate of what the race discount ends up looking like at the resorts?

Thanks! We hope to join all of you in January!!
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Our Wonder-ful Mexican Riviera TR!
The "Better Late than Never" Halloween/Sweet Sixteen TR!
Schmoopsie Poo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #202
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopsie Poo!
Hi everyone!!

I'm a high school student (not much of a runner, but enjoying it more all the time!) soon to be a college freshman! My best friend and I are *considering* registering for the full next year to cross it off of our bucket list (you only live once, right?? ) but the biggest barrier for us poor, broke students is price tag!! I just wanted to confirm that the rates for the value resorts are not out yet, ask when they are supposed to be released, and ask if anyone who has done WDW Marathon before can give me a ballpark estimate of what the race discount ends up looking like at the resorts?

Last year there was no race discount on rooms or tickets Here's hoping they add them for 2014!

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #203
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by camandjacksmom View Post
Sorry that OKW is out! What do you mean the weather will be temperate? For January 2014? What forecast are you looking at that is predicting 2014? I'm interested in looking at that because I plan on several races also!!
It's very scientific

The three hottest marathon weekends since 1999 have coincided with me staying at OKW (2005, 2007 and 2013). As a test to the theorem, I have only stayed at OKW during these three races. Conversely, the 2010 Disney on Ice weekend ( the coldest weekend since 1999) was the only time I stayed at a monorail resort. You are safe here, also. I simply do not have the points to stay at BLT this marathon.

I have stayed at the Epcot resorts, AKL and CBR for the more temperate or seasonal marathon weekends.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #204
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopsie Poo! View Post
Hi everyone!!

Look for the discounts for January 2014 to come out in the August to October timeframe. Bookmark sites like Mouse Savers to get regular updates.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #205
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait

It's very scientific

The three hottest marathon weekends since 1999 have coincided with me staying at OKW (2005, 2007 and 2013). As a test to the theorem, I have only stayed at OKW during these three races. Conversely, the 2010 Disney on Ice weekend ( the coldest weekend since 1999) was the only time I stayed at a monorail resort. You are safe here, also. I simply do not have the points to stay at BLT this marathon.

I have stayed at the Epcot resorts, AKL and CBR for the more temperate or seasonal marathon weekends.
Lol!! That sounds super scientific and I am hoping your theory holds true for 2014!!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #206
Schmoopsie Poo!
I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky!

Quote:
Look for the discounts for January 2014 to come out in the August to October timeframe. Bookmark sites like Mouse Savers to get regular updates.
Does that mean August/October is when you can actually make reservations or that is when discounts come out? That seems so close to the actual race to be making final plans and reservations!! Thank you!!!
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Our Wonder-ful Mexican Riviera TR!
The "Better Late than Never" Halloween/Sweet Sixteen TR!
Schmoopsie Poo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #207
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how was AKL for Marathon Weekend? Did you use the bus transportation, and was it problematic at all?

Thanks.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #208
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopsie Poo! View Post
Does that mean August/October is when you can actually make reservations or that is when discounts come out? That seems so close to the actual race to be making final plans and reservations!! Thank you!!!
That will be when any discounts come out. You can make reservations now. Basically what you can get rooms for now, is what you should plan on paying, then keep and eye out for and hope for discounts. But go in fully knowing that is obviously a very busy weekend, so you may not see discounts. But if you wait too long to book you may not be able to get the less expensive rooms so you need to book then hope for discounts.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #209
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

My original costume idea may be out the window. I discovered RunningSkirts and there's one that's too cute to pass up.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #210
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead
My original costume idea may be out the window. I discovered RunningSkirts and there's one that's too cute to pass up.
RunningSkirts are great but I fell in love with sportskirts! The legs don't ride up and the waistband is really wide.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: