Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #136
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

LIST UPDATED as of 2/3/13!

(check out the LIST on my original post #1 of this thread. Please let me know if I missed anyone, or spelled your username wrong, etc.)

Wow, 88 of us so far!! Would make one heck of a great picture / meet!

Anyway, sorry so late in updating the list. Been having some medical problems, and my doctors say I can't run right now because of injuries. In any case, I still plan on being there and walking the Goofy if I have to!

also, got permission from moderator TigerLily 03, we're OFFICIAL!

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #137
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManion View Post
hey folks,

Looking at the rundisney site, it says the goofy is sold out.

Is that for 2014 or 2013?

A bug?
I think registration begins April 9,so Goofy being sold out should be for 2013.
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #138
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Oops,double post.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #139
croach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
As a DVC member, I think the BLT is a nice place. However, for the marathon I would actually lean towards the Poly. It takes the resort loop out of play on race morning and the return since you can simply walk to the TTC from the resort.

Just my 2 cents
Staying at the Poly was fantastic for Marathon W/E. My building was one of the closest ones to the TTC so just walked out the door both mornings and was right there. I was so nervous about being late the first morning I was the first person at the TTC. They were still cleaning the monorail when I got there. Plus I totally fell in love with the Poly. Beautiful resort with nice sized rooms.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #140
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by camandjacksmom
We have a date for registration per the rundisney website!!!!!
Registration for the 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will begin on April 9, 2013
Things just got real!!

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #141
niclodn
Mouseketeer

I am really, really hoping I'll be in for the Goofy! If not, then at least the full. I just started running about a year ago and am hooked. Completed my first half (the Tink) last month and will be doing the Princess as well. I live in Charlotte, NC and am planning to do our local Race Fest half in April, Rocktober half in October and Thunder Road full in November along with a bunch of 5 and 10K's. Plus the Dumbo Double Dare and ToT!

I am following the Galloway training plan.
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #142
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
I am really, really hoping I'll be in for the Goofy! If not, then at least the full. I just started running about a year ago and am hooked. Completed my first half (the Tink) last month and will be doing the Princess as well. I live in Charlotte, NC and am planning to do our local Race Fest half in April, Rocktober half in October and Thunder Road full in November along with a bunch of 5 and 10K's. Plus the Dumbo Double Dare and ToT!

I am following the Galloway training plan.
Off-topic, but I got to visit Charlotte last May, and absolutely LOVED it there! The people, downtown area, restaurants - I loved everything about it!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014, Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #143
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative8 View Post
Off-topic, but I got to visit Charlotte last May, and absolutely LOVED it there! The people, downtown area, restaurants - I loved everything about it!
Glad you enjoyed your visit I moved here from Northern Indiana about 9 years ago and absolutely love it!
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #144
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDiWo View Post
LIST UPDATED as of 2/3/13!

(check out the LIST on my original post #1 of this thread. Please let me know if I missed anyone, or spelled your username wrong, etc.)

Wow, 88 of us so far!! Would make one heck of a great picture / meet!

Anyway, sorry so late in updating the list. Been having some medical problems, and my doctors say I can't run right now because of injuries. In any case, I still plan on being there and walking the Goofy if I have to!

also, got permission from moderator TigerLily 03, we're OFFICIAL!
I hope you are feeling better!! The good news is we have 11 months so you can totally be ready for Goofy!! Yes 88 is a good start. I would love to figure out a meet or a picture atleast. We went to the after party last year so maybe we could meet up there?

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #145
kaf7878
Disney Addict!

So excited--DH and I are going to run Wine and Dine as well as the January Half!! Double the fun!!

We're running the Wine and Dine as our 15th Anniversary treat to ourselves. A weekend away sounds awesome!

In Training: 2015 Disney Half Marathon (possibly 2014 Wine and Dine)

Finisher 2013 Disney Half Marathon, 2006 Disney Marathon and 2005 Half Marathon
kaf7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #146
drummerwife
This princess saves herself!

So excited. I made our reservations at CSR yesterday.
We’re making this a family vacation as well as running the races. I told DH now that I’ve spent money, and Disney has announced when registration will open… it’s beginning to feel very real.

drummerwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #147
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwife View Post
So excited. I made our reservations at CSR yesterday.
We’re making this a family vacation as well as running the races. I told DH now that I’ve spent money, and Disney has announced when registration will open… it’s beginning to feel very real.
Making my ressies for AKL this Friday.. Figure mine with be a race / vaca. 8th-15th is what we are planning. Would love to get into BLT but probably wont be able to. My bro owns there, but have a feeling he's already used his points.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #148
dana211
Earning My Ears

Registration starts on my birthday! What a way to celebrate by registering for the Goofy. Speaking of which I managed to get back on the running horse today. Took off the past few weeks after the half bc my ankle had been a bit sore afterword and I had gotten the flu going around. But I felt great today. Yay!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #149
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManion View Post
So the full counter is a bug? ...
For some reason, runDisney leaves the previous years race info on the website until they are ready to add the next years info. IMO they should delete the old info and just post "coming soon" for next years to avoid the constant confusion it causes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camandjacksmom View Post
We have a date for registration per the rundisney website!!!!!
Registration for the 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna will begin on April 9, 2013
Yay! FYI: Last year I registered for Goofy on April 3 using the Disney Visa link. So I imagine this year we will have an earlier date again for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camandjacksmom View Post
... I would love to figure out a meet or a picture atleast. We went to the after party last year so maybe we could meet up there?
It would be fun to plan a meet for those on this thread!
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #150
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Woop Woop.. AKL kidani ressies made this AM.. Figure we'll go down Wed - Wed..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: