Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

ll Mulino at the Swan?

Can anybody tell me any pros or conns about this resturant? We're going on our annual Disney vacation this year and would like to try somewhere new. We have eatten at Tutto Italia and I felt it was ok but nothing great. I was thinking of ll Mulino at the swan to "venture out". We will not be on the disney dinning plan. Can anybody give me any information about this resturant? Good or bad welcomed. Any pictures even better! Also someone mentioned
Portobello, but i never seem to hear much about here either. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
GrumpySue
Mouseketeer

Awesome restaurant - fantastic food. Have been many times and always leave happy.

Disney Villas-1986; Contemporary-1988; WDW Dolphin-1992; Dixie Landings/Grand Floridian-1996; Wilderness Lodge-1997; Carribbean Beach-1999; Wilderness Lodge-2001; Beach Club-2003; Port Orleans FQ/Hilton Head Resort-2004; Boardwalk Villas/Wilderness Lodge Villas-2005; Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge-2006; Yacht Club-2007; Disney Wonder/Beach Club Villas-2008; Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Tower-2009; Waldorf Astoria/Polynesian-2010; Waldorf Astoria/Boardwalk Villas-2011; Coronado Springs-2012; Yacht Club-2013; Yacht Club-2014
GrumpySue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Great place. Another hint, because it's not a Disney restaurant they will do some things that Disney restaurants won't do - like half orders.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Sounds worth a try. Keep the responses coming please. Can anyone tell me what you ate and liked or didn't like? Any pictures?:
Old 01-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Il Mulino is our go to romantic dinner restaurant. It's nice and grown up and warm and cozy. They have a excellent wine list. You will get an amuse Bouche which is a nice touch.

My most recent meal was 2 weeks ago and I had the mushroom risotto which was very good; easily split between two people.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Thank you, I didn't think they would let you split meals. I have 2kids that aren't big eatters.

Keep the posts coming please!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom2Boyz View Post
Thanks. Sounds worth a try. Keep the responses coming please. Can anyone tell me what you ate and liked or didn't like? Any pictures?:
Love Il Mulino. I have some photos and a review up on my dining review website if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/i...o-new-york.htm

(Probably one of the best Italian restaurants on property-Haven't been to Tutto Italia to make a fair comparison, but have been to Portobello which doesn't compare). In my review you will read the pros and cons. The only con really was where we were seated which was a fluke and you can always change that otherwise EXCELLENT food and SUPERIOR service.

Last edited by jwfla422; 01-13-2013 at 03:46 PM.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Love Il Mulino. I have some photos and a review up on my dining review website if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/i...o-new-york.htm

(Probably one of the best Italian restaurants on property-Haven't been to Tutto Italia to make a fair comparison, but have been to Portobello which doesn't compare). In my review you will read the pros and cons. The only con really was where we were seated which was a fluke and you can always change that otherwise EXCELLENT food and SUPERIOR service.
Thankyou for the review. Great job on your review website. I think its so great that people take the time to do this! And so helpful to someone like me!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
dischic89
Mouseketeer

We ate there once and thought it was very good. Ended up getting a bottle of wine and dessert. They did have half orders, but we were persuaded by the waitress to get the full order (worked for us because we could take the leftovers home, but stick with the half if you aren't a big eater/don't want leftovers). I really just enjoyed how the restaurant felt too...like a nice restaurant in a city versus a nice Disney restaurant (like Tutto).

Spring 2011 College Program
dischic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info. I read about half portions, but not sure if its just for the pasta dishes? I'm ready to try a new resturant.......keep it coming!
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
Figee17
Mouseketeer

we really enjoy it. and
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
Figee17
Mouseketeer

we really enjoy it. and...
sorry, 2.5 year old mashing buttons on the keyboard again, lol.
like others have said, I little different feel than "disney". we love the board walk area and the chance to eat somewhere a little different. also, if you happen to have tables in wonderland, it is accepted there!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #13
Figee17
Mouseketeer

one more thing...my very particular husband asked for something that wasn't really on the menu but they created it for him anyways and he loves it and always requests going back whenever we are in wdw.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #14
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Thankyou for your input. I don't have the TIW card....
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Il Mulino is one of our favorites. We have never had anything there that was not first rate in quality and delicious. We like that 1/2 orders of the pasta dishes are available. Their wine list is excellent. And, they come around with complimentary limoncello to finish off the meal.

The only negative, IMO, is it is something of a busy trattoria atmosphere, which means it's not terribly conducive to quiet romantic dining. But, there are some side rooms that are a bit quieter and we are willing to put up with some noise because the food and wine are terrific.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: