Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I don't know the rules re-valet parking and going to parks so won't advise on that I do know for a fact that a meal at one of the resorts or browsing or shopping does not give you the right to then leave the car there and then go play in the parks You don't have to believe me you don't know me ask the Security CM at the resort kiosk, tell them what you want t do & see what they say This park at resorts go to parks topic pops up in the Disboards over the years all the time & ends up a hot debate mess I do personally know Security kiosk CMs at Y & B BW CR & FW I know what the policy against trying to beat the park parking fees are

That being said do what you want we all make choices......you don't have to take my advice,makes no difference to me but fwiw when I say or post that I know something as fact its because I do most people appreciate the honest help

Like I said I do not know valet parking rules I would ask whe I get there worse case scenario you will be told no and have to backtrack to toll plaza again

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #32
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

I figured it would be ok to valet since you actually pay more than regular parking at the parks. I wouldn't do that with the free parking time they give you to eat.... We just have a late reservation and will probably leave after dinner so thought that would be easier than going back to get the car...maybe we can just get the car and drive to the contemporary, eat and leave from there...
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #33
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

OK, I got an answer from Disney. You are allowed to use their valet parking if there is room then go visit the theme park. Its not an issue with the self park because you can get to that the back way and park. Its just a bit of a walk because its across the street.

Here is what I was told:

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route you to a Walt Disney World Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney, you are now chatting with 'Mike', how may I help you today?

Me: We have a reservation for a few days at the Poly, followed by a 7 day cruise on the fantasy. After that we are returning to the park for one last day while we wait for our flight home.

Me: Can I park using the valet area at the Grand Floridan for that last day?

Mike: I would recommend parking your car at the Theme Park you are visiting. I believe you would be able to valet park your car at Disney Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. You can try parking there, but it is based on availability. They may recommend you park at the Theme Parks as well.
Me: Would I be allowed to park at GF if there is room available at the valet lot?

Mike: It will be one moment while I do some further research.

Mike: I did double check and you would be able to valet park your car at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa while you are at the Theme Parks. Please know that this is based on availability.

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

ok there you go :-) !

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: