Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the details in the royal rooms, I think the squirrel is Pip from Enchanted.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Great pictures of the details in the royal rooms, I think the squirrel is Pip from Enchanted.
Yeah! That's probably exactly right. And I think the turtle is just one of the turtles from Under the Sea in the Little Mermaid!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHH THE ROYAL ROOMS!!!!!!! They're incredible! Oh my goodness. I've never stayed at a moderate resort but I can say with full confidence that the FIRST one I ever stay at will be POR-Royal Room. OH YES. Everything about this is just gorgeous!!! (Clearly I'm in love.) YAY!
I loved that room more than a normal person should love a hotel room! I hope you get to experience the glory and majesty of one VERY VERY SOON!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Thank you and !!

I bet you're exactly right about it being Pip!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #20
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Yeah! That's probably exactly right. And I think the turtle is just one of the turtles from Under the Sea in the Little Mermaid!
I would've never thought of Pip (SMH)! And I wondered about the turtle, too...I just couldn't think of anyone but Crush (the coolest turtle ever, dude). I think you're right about The Little Mermaid!

Mystery solved!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start! Aren't the royal rooms amazing? I never noticed ONE hidden Mickey when I stayed in mine, of course, I wasn't looking, but if I knew there were so many I would have! Oh well, I'm glad you pointed them out, since I probably won't be back in one for a while!

I love the Genie lamp faucet, and I thought the blue granite that sparkled was SO pretty! Disney did a great job with these rooms!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Oh wow, I didn't know the story behind the Royal Rooms - the detail there is very impressive - as are your detail discovering skills!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #23
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! Great start! Aren't the royal rooms amazing? I never noticed ONE hidden Mickey when I stayed in mine, of course, I wasn't looking, but if I knew there were so many I would have! Oh well, I'm glad you pointed them out, since I probably won't be back in one for a while!

I love the Genie lamp faucet, and I thought the blue granite that sparkled was SO pretty! Disney did a great job with these rooms!
I'm glad you're here!

Those rooms are AMAZEBALLS! LOL...I'm always looking for hidden Mickeys. Unfortunately, I'm VERY bad at finding them!

Disney really went above and beyond on the princess rooms...but I wouldn't expect anything else!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #24
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh wow, I didn't know the story behind the Royal Rooms - the detail there is very impressive - as are your detail discovering skills!!
The back story is adorable, and I expected the room to be amazing, but it exceeded my expectations x 10!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Day 1, Chapter 4—In the Pink

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."
(A Charlie Brown Christmas)

"Get the biggest aluminum tree you can find, Charlie Brown, maybe painted pink."
(A Charlie Brown Christmas)

With the room appropriately documented, Gabriel brought in our bags. Mom would be bunking in with The Chosen One (my brother, also known as He Who Can Do No Wrong), but in the meantime, she settled herself on one of the beds and propped her knees up (the bolsters worked great for this purpose). I found a channel that was showing Disney movies (Princess Diaries, I think), and she was all about it. Give the woman a movie with Julie Andrews in it, and she’ll be completely entertained for hours!

I mean, who wouldn’t be…Julie is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and practically perfect in every way. She’s Mary Poppins, Maria von Trapp, AND Cinderella…the trifecta of awesome splendiferousness!

I love me some Julie, too, but I wasn’t content to sit in a hotel room…not even a wonderifimous ROYAL GUEST ROOM at Disney World!

With the car unloaded, Mom comfy, and the Wal-Marters still MIA, Gabriel and I decided to explore the resort a little. I love POR, and I wanted him to love it, too! We made our way to the Sassagoula River, and I had enough time to snap exactly two photos before Mom called to say that Earl, Lenny, and Brianna were back.

So back we went, where rib-cracking bear hugs were exchanged and ear splitting squeals of delight left us all temporarily hearing impaired. Mom was practically giddy with happiness…she couldn't stop smiling! She sees my brother at most a couple of times a year, so ten days with him was the best present ever. And having Brianna to spoil was the cherry on top!

I didn't take any notes about what we did next, but I think we all went to the food court to get our drink mugs before heading over to the the pool.

Earl: “We get free mugs?”
Me: “Well, technically you paid for them as part of your package, but if calling them free makes you feel better, knock yourself out.”
Earl: “Still a smart aleck I see.”
Me: “Thanks for noticing.”
Gabriel: “It never stops.”
Me: “Full time smarty pants at your service; step right up; no waiting!"

We are SO mature!

Brianna and I both wanted a pink lid for our mug; and neither of us would be denied, so when I got back to the room, I drew a Mickey head on the bottom of mine. Gabriel asked why I didn't just write my name on it.

Silly man, what fun would that be?

Mom got blue, Lenny got yellow, and both boys got black (cuz it’s so MANLY, duh). I offered to decorate the bottom of Gabriel’s for him, but for some reason he thought I might draw hearts and flowers on it.

The man has some serious trust issues.

Even though the day was cool, there was lots of pool splashing going on, and Brianna dove right in to join the fray.

I have this photo, so maybe the boys got something from Muddy Rivers.

Or maybe I was just snapping random pictures. We’ll never know.

It was past time for me to get my knee up and on ice, so I reminded everyone about our dinner ADR and headed back to the room. I was already glad I had the scooter, and we’d only been there a short while. I took a pain pill and iced my knee for a few minutes, but I had some important decorating to do.

After all, what’s Christmas without a tree?

And what’s a princess room without a PINK Christmas tree?

Yes, you read that right…a PINK Christmas tree!

Gabriel had my camera, but I figured I’d get pictures of the tree later, so it didn’t matter. Yeah, not so much. These photos are from last year, but you get the idea.

My decorating style typically goes the traditional route (see photos below), but I love my divalicious pink tree. It brightens up my little reading nook beautifully!

With the decorating done, I lay back down with a fresh ice pack and took about a 15-minute power nap. Upon waking, I turned on Stacy and unpacked, then considered going back to the pool. I called Gabriel (what did we do without cell phones?), and he said they were on their way back, so I decided to wait. Earl came in with him to get Mom’s stuff, took one look at the pink tree, rolled his eyes, and shook his head.

No love for the pink tree, and no respect for my mad decorating skills.

He and Gabriel exchanged long-suffering whatcha-gonna-do looks, and Gabriel said, “You do realize that as soon as Bee sees it, that tree is outta here?” He has two daughters and considers himself an expert on girls.

“Probably,” I agreed sadly, wishing I’d had the forethought to get her a tree of her very own.

Gabriel, on the other hand, didn’t seem sad about it at all.

Men!

Up Next: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #26
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hooray for your family reunion! Hahaha, your diva decorating skills are lovely.

Can't wait to see where yall were headed for dinner!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #27
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

It does kind of make me happy to think of "free" mugs, even though, yes, we did pay for them at some point!

Love your Diva-tastic tree!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #29
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Hooray for your family reunion! Hahaha, your diva decorating skills are lovely.

Can't wait to see where yall were headed for dinner!
The only thing better than a family reunion is a family reunion at Disney! Thank you!

Ahhhh, the suspense...all will be revealed in due time!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #30
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
It does kind of make me happy to think of "free" mugs, even though, yes, we did pay for them at some point!

Love your Diva-tastic tree!
I usually think of the mugs as free, too...it's just so much fun to give my brother a hard time!

Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: