Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
toonaspie
Just a poser

room request on reservation page

How come under "Special Room Requests" the only thing they are giving me is whether or not I want a Pack n Play in my room? Isn't there some place where I can write down my request for what kind of room I want (location, etc) or is that something I have to do elsewhere? Or maybe another time? If so where and when?
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
How come under "Special Room Requests" the only thing they are giving me is whether or not I want a Pack n Play in my room? Isn't there some place where I can write down my request for what kind of room I want (location, etc) or is that something I have to do elsewhere? Or maybe another time? If so where and when?
As you are finding out, during online check-in is not the time/place to make room requests. Call and have any requests added to your reservation.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Room requests can be made at the time of reservation until about 3 - 5 days before check-in, when the ressies roll over to the actual resort.

If you have more than one request, list them in order of importance to you.

The less requests you make, the easier it is for them to fulfill them.

Keep them simple; i.e. close to elevator, close to transportation, quiet area, close to parking, etc.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Room requests have to be called in & noted on your reservation.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

weird ,,i did online check in today at 60 day mark..it asked for 4 room requests to check 2.max .(i had close to elevator then it had 3 diff savannah views)..but i only booked a standard villa at AKL..so i checked savannah arusha..and close to elevator..will i be charged extra for savannah if they grant this request?..i rented dvc points for this stay..so i assume they cant charge more?
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
toonaspie
Just a poser

So let me get this straight...

I can pretty much do anything now on the Disney website.

I can reserve my room, reserve my restaurants, AND reserve my rides months before arriving...

...but I can't even submit the requests for what I want in my room and have to call the hotline days before arriving?

Where is the logic in this????

So really I can't make any requests until it's time to do the online check in? None of the answers I have been given so far have been consistent.
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
weird ,,i did online check in today at 60 day mark..it asked for 4 room requests to check 2.max .(i had close to elevator then it had 3 diff savannah views)..but i only booked a standard villa at AKL..so i checked savannah arusha..and close to elevator..will i be charged extra for savannah if they grant this request?..i rented dvc points for this stay..so i assume they cant charge more?
Different resorts have different options.

If they move you, they wouldn't charge you the additional points. However, I would anticipate not being moved. Upgrades aren't given much for regular booking guests, but hardly ever for DVC.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can reserve my room, reserve my restaurants, AND reserve my rides months before arriving...

...but I can't even submit the requests for what I want in my room and have to call the hotline days before arriving?

Where is the logic in this????

So really I can't make any requests until it's time to do the online check in? None of the answers I have been given so far have been consistent.
You can call anytime to have your requests added to the reservation. With the old website when people were going to submit their requests via online check in, it would error out and tell them to call anyway.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

...but I can't even submit the requests for what I want in my room and have to call the hotline days before arriving?.
I always make my requests when I make my reservation. You can add room requests anytime up until about 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

Quote:
Where is the logic in this???? .
I don't know. It's always been that way.

Quote:
Like I mentioned above, you can make your room requests at any time up until 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: