Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44

3 questions

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your continued help with all my questions! 3 more - hopefully easy ones.

Can you hire kettles from Cheyenne? We are planning on making flasks of hot choc for our children to take to park.

What's Cheyenne buffet like? We are considering for night 1

Has anyone done a bus tour of Paris?? Is it worth it? I googled and there are a few! Which is best?

Thanks again everyone

Tammy
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Kayleigh1986
Earning My Ears
 
Kayleigh1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 48

Can only answer one sorry, we had a kettle in our room at Cheyenne, not sure if this is standard
Kayleigh1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86
 
kizzabel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,522

As regards the buffet, its our favourite in DLP. Have a look at the review thread. We are dining there our next trip and its the meal Im most looking forward to. Happy planning
__________________

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
rugrats
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 79

The Cheyenne is a bit hit and miss with kettles in rooms. Some have them, some don't. If your room doesn't have a kettle you can hire one for a small deposit.
rugrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #5
thephoo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 92

I've never had a kettle in my room as standard but always hire one from reception
thephoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44

Thank you guys. You are fab at answering my questions.
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Jules1212
Mouseketeer
 
Jules1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttck4eva View Post
Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your continued help with all my questions! 3 more - hopefully easy ones.

Can you hire kettles from Cheyenne? We are planning on making flasks of hot choc for our children to take to park.

What's Cheyenne buffet like? We are considering for night 1

Has anyone done a bus tour of Paris?? Is it worth it? I googled and there are a few! Which is best?

Thanks again everyone

Tammy



We did a bus tour of Paris last June and it was brilliant. I have just recommended it on another thread here too - hope nobody thinks I work for the comapny or have shares!

We went wirh a company called Foxity. You can book and pay online and print out your ticket before you go. Then just get the bus in Place de la Madeleine and off you go! It is on an open top bus which has a clear roof which slides into place if it rains and you get headsets with commentary in English. It goes around the forty most popular sites in Paris and kids under 12 go free.

We went at lunchtime and took our own picnic to eat and drink as we went round. Saved a fortune on buying lunch in a restaurant and also time as we were only in the city for the day and had plenty to do.

Hope that helps.
__________________


Jules1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 13 km from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules1212 View Post
We did a bus tour of Paris last June and it was brilliant. I have just recommended it on another thread here too - hope nobody thinks I work for the comapny or have shares!

We went wirh a company called Foxity. You can book and pay online and print out your ticket before you go. Then just get the bus in Place de la Madeleine and off you go! It is on an open top bus which has a clear roof which slides into place if it rains and you get headsets with commentary in English. It goes around the forty most popular sites in Paris and kids under 12 go free.

We went at lunchtime and took our own picnic to eat and drink as we went round. Saved a fortune on buying lunch in a restaurant and also time as we were only in the city for the day and had plenty to do.

Hope that helps.
I'd 2nd Foxity. I already recommended last year ..don't know if that's where Jules got the idea ...they are less well known and therefore never full

http://www.foxity.com/en
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44

Just looked at the website it looks good and is less than half the price of the city bus tour I had looked at! Can I ask is it suitable for kids or do you think they would get bored? They are 6&4 this tour looks much better but as you can't get off til the end it worries me a little. Thanks
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
Jules1212
Mouseketeer
 
Jules1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
I'd 2nd Foxity. I already recommended last year ..don't know if that's where Jules got the idea ...they are less well known and therefore never full

http://www.foxity.com/en
It very likely was upon your recommendation Carrie! And it was a very good one as usual If you get a moment, would you possibly be kind enough to put up the number that can be used to reroute telephone calls at a cheaper rate please?

I have to telephone a gent in Agde about a holiday let and it could be quite a long call and it would be ever so useful.
__________________


Jules1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
HFJohnson
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 478

Are you planning on having breakfast at the Cheyenne? If so, you could just get a couple of mugs of hot chocolate from there and decant them into your thermos flasks to take with you.
__________________
HFJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44

Great idea bout the breakfast - thank you. Didn't even consider that they would do hot choc! Any thoughts on if the bus tour is suitable for children those who have been?
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer
 
Jazzy B Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Plymouth UK
Posts: 189

I booked a tour as part of my package deal with Thomas cook. It cost £67 but included going up the Eiffel Tower, cruise on the Seine seeing all the sights and touristy bits. It leaves the hotel New York at 9.45am and returns just after 6pm. You get a headset with English commentary. Has anyone done this tour? Sounded good as I didn't fancy spending half the time getting lost in Paris!
__________________
Jazzy B Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 13 km from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttck4eva View Post
Great idea bout the breakfast - thank you. Didn't even consider that they would do hot choc! Any thoughts on if the bus tour is suitable for children those who have been?
There were several small children when we went, I'd say from 4-8ish and they seem to have great fun looking at all the sights and pointing things out to their parents.

Don't know how old Jules children are ? but I'm sure she be back in a bit
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person
 
Carrie_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 13 km from Disneyland Paris
Posts: 4,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules1212 View Post
If you get a moment, would you possibly be kind enough to put up the number that can be used to reroute telephone calls at a cheaper rate please?

I have to telephone a gent in Agde about a holiday let and it could be quite a long call and it would be ever so useful.
Jonjo came up with this site the other day which apparently only charges 1p per minute

http://www.0044.co.uk/france/cheap-i...onal-calls.htm

So it knocks my 5p a minute to the sidlines

Good luck with your call
__________________
The Frog The Rosbif

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.