DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
tlynk
DIS Veteran

Wait list question

Do you know if we can be on more than one wait list?

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

You can have 2 active waitlists per UY per membership.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
tlynk
DIS Veteran

Thank you! Do you know if that can be at the same time?

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

same time, yes.

so (for example) if you waitlist for dec 2-5 for a BLT studio-lakeview and BLT studio-standard view - that is 2 waitlists and that is all you can do...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
fredtom
Mouseketeer Freddie

Yes, that's right... You can have two active wait lists at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynk View Post
Thank you! Do you know if that can be at the same time?

9/89-CBR GF 9&10/01-POR CSR 10/02-AKL 10/03-AKL Poly DCL 9&10/04-BWV SSR OKW 9&11/05-VWL BWV OKW 6/06-DLR 9/06-SSR BCV 10/07-OKW AKV 9&10/08-OKW BWV 11/09-SSR AKV 10&11/10-OKW BLT 11&12/11-OKW AKV 10&11/12-VWL, BWV 12/13-OKW
DVC
fredtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcterry View Post
You can have 2 active waitlists per UY per membership.
As Charles points out, every variation is a different WL. For example, a WL for a standard view studio at Kidani and at Jambo counts as 2. I guess the good news is you don't have to have the points extra or tie them up to WL. With Marriott you have to have enough extra points to do the WL and they are tied up while the WL is active but you can WL everything you have the points for.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
tlynk
DIS Veteran

I'm now on two wait lists!! Thank you everyone!! I learned something new today! I'm on a wait list for BCV's studio and the BWV pool or lake view.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
chezdion
Mouseketeer

Just trying to make sure I unerstand... Currently we have a split stay in Feb~ 2 nights BLT and the rest at AKV ( we booked late and that was what they had avaialble at BLT). We would love to have an extra night at BLT...could I wait list until we arrive on Feb 20? and then just shrink down our stay at AKV, or is there a time frame to when you can't make a switch? (after all we are just a bit over a montha away~ yippie!)
chezdion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezdion View Post
Just trying to make sure I unerstand... Currently we have a split stay in Feb~ 2 nights BLT and the rest at AKV ( we booked late and that was what they had avaialble at BLT). We would love to have an extra night at BLT...could I wait list until we arrive on Feb 20? and then just shrink down our stay at AKV, or is there a time frame to when you can't make a switch? (after all we are just a bit over a month away~ yippie!)
All waitlists expire 7 days prior to arrival. After that, the only way to make a change is to cancel and rebook online (risky - you could lose it all and end up with nothing) or you can call MS and have them make the change for you. Obviously, there has to be availability at BLT before anything can be changed.

Most waitlists are set to expire at 30 days prior to arrival. You must specifically request (or set it up like that if you booked online) to stay on the waitlist until 7 days prior to arrival (when they all expire). Call MS if you do not know how your waitlist is set up.

Remember that if you cancel less than 31 days prior to arrival, the returned points go into holding. (That's why most waitlists are set to expire 30 days prior to arrival). So if you plan to cancel an AKV night and book an available BLT night, be sure the point cost is the same (or more) for BLT. Other wise, you will end up with points in holding.

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: