Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
ok, can someone explain to me how and why you pay with gift cards?? do you get some kind of a deal when you buy the gift cards?? is it a Disney gift card or just some other random gift card??
No deal from Disney, but lots of places will run specials on gift cards. As PP said, there was a Target deal where you could buy $50 and get $10 free. Some people can get discounts on GCs at work. Some grocery stores run specials on them too, sometimes for money off or double fuel perks. If you're going to call and spend the money anyway, might as well buy a gift card and either get free money or get some money off gas as a bonus.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok, can someone explain to me how and why you pay with gift cards?? do you get some kind of a deal when you buy the gift cards?? is it a Disney gift card or just some other random gift card??
I have the Target Debit Card - so I get 5% off every $50 Disney Gift Card that I buy there.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #18
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

For us, Disney gift cards make it "easier" to save/prepare for our trips.
They are good for almost anything at the parks & resorts...plus many DTD locales. Also use 'em for tips at Meals...and to keep a bit of control with the kid's souvenir purchases....I save all of my receipts when I purchase gift cards...(they will issue you another card if/when you lose one...as long as it still has value.
Cool story...
We gave our Autistic son a few Disney gift cards for his birthday and for Christmas last month. He said to put them in the "Orlando Jar" towards the next trip!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We buy gift cards for the fuel perks(you do have to buy Disney gift cards but our local grocery stocks them). We are saving $875 on gas by buying gift cards to pay for our upcoming May/june trip. We buy the cards that you can put up to $500 on one card so we do not have so many cards to deal with.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
pxydst
Mouseketeer

still not getting it... are they any gift card that you can buy by the checkout lane, or do you buy the Disney ones, whenever you are at the store and have a few extra $ you buy the card (and it is a bonus if you get the extra $ for buying it) and you put it away for your trip??!!??!! an I on the right road now???
Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
still not getting it... are they any gift card that you can buy by the checkout lane, or do you buy the Disney ones, whenever you are at the store and have a few extra $ you buy the card (and it is a bonus if you get the extra $ for buying it) and you put it away for your trip??!!??!! an I on the right road now???
People wait and plan for the deals where you get an extra gift card, or double the fuel perks, etc to maximize their savings. Not really spur of the moment purchases, although some do.

So, if you're balance isn't due until August 2013 and Target comes out with a buy $50 in GC get $10 free deal you can take the money you would have just paid directly to Disney and buy the GC to get some free money. If you buy 10, $50 GC you would have a free $100 in GC to put on your reservation. You just saved yourself $100.

Last edited by aaarcher86; 01-13-2013 at 11:44 AM.
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney Gift Cards.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We buy our disney gift cards during 4x fuel points(happens 5 times a year) which means if we buy a $500 gift card we get 2000 fuel points which is $2.00 off per gallon on our next fill-up up to 35 gallon. So we save $70 on one fillup.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
pxydst
Mouseketeer

so where do you get that gas savings?? is that thru a local gas station?? How do I learn more about this or did I come to the right place??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: