DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
tigergrad
Mouseketeer

Adding Person to Reservation

I am ready to book online. My son will be bringing a friend but I do not know which friend will come yet. Can I add his name to the reservation later? Can I do that online or do I have to call member services?
tigergrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

You will need to either call MS or e-mail them. The on-line reservation system does not allow for modifications, you can only cancel the entire reservation or add a dining plan on-line.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

You can add them later, theoretically even at check in if you are not doing ME. Easiest thing is to call MS when you have a name.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Disbroads
Earning My Ears

I know it's only been about a year since we boldly leapt into the 21st century and got the ability to book online, but am I the only one thinking its time to enhance the functionality, and not just the look and feel?

The current system is fine if you only want 7 or fewer days, don't want to walk the reservation, know exactly who is coming (and their addresses) and have no special requests.
Otherwise you still have to call anyway.

How tough can it be add date modifications, guest list modifications and special requests? They already have the page for entering the guest list. Just populate it with what's in it and display it in update mode.

It's obviously possible since MS can do it against the same database.

As for cost... I have to believe the reduced number of calls to MS would offset the cost of the updates. What did the recent update cost, and where was the $ benefit?
Disbroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
icydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbroads View Post
I know it's only been about a year since we boldly leapt into the 21st century and got the ability to book online, but am I the only one thinking its time to enhance the functionality, and not just the look and feel?

The current system is fine if you only want 7 or fewer days, don't want to walk the reservation, know exactly who is coming (and their addresses) and have no special requests.
Otherwise you still have to call anyway.

How tough can it be add date modifications, guest list modifications and special requests? They already have the page for entering the guest list. Just populate it with what's in it and display it in update mode.

It's obviously possible since MS can do it against the same database.

As for cost... I have to believe the reduced number of calls to MS would offset the cost of the updates. What did the recent update cost, and where was the $ benefit?
I think the update is a step backwards. I just had to spend 15 mins with a cast member who could not figure out how to add my granddaughter to my reservation. As would happen when people don't know what they're doing, she listed my granddaughter as the owner and changed me to a guest. Now I have to call back and do it again with another cast member.
icydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

I find sending them an email has been the easiest. Including your reservation number and checkin-out dates, resort info, and as much detail as you can provide then list all the guest names you would like on the reservation.

They have sent email responses to confirm the change has been made and once that has been made I can see online.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
Dean
DIS Veteran

You can add people later including at checking (though some will tell you you can't). The only major issue would be if you're getting the Dining Plan. As long as you're not getting the DP and are within occupancy, I'd go ahead and add them and not worry about it. Having an extra key is not a bad thing, just make sure it doesn't have charging on it which won't be an issue if he's under 18 anyway.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydog View Post
I think the update is a step backwards. I just had to spend 15 mins with a cast member who could not figure out how to add my granddaughter to my reservation. As would happen when people don't know what they're doing, she listed my granddaughter as the owner and changed me to a guest. Now I have to call back and do it again with another cast member.
That is a system glitch that has been reported for some time here on the DIS. When modifying guests, the system scrambles the guest list and puts someone else as the lead name. It really makes no difference, but it can cause a problem if you do online check-in.

Another glitch was on my reservation, where I am the only occupant, the system had me listed as "guest of DVC Owner" rather than the actual owner.

There are a lot of nuances and glitches to be worked out in the system since DVC and Disney have been trying to get the two reservation systems to play nice with each other.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 01-19-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
staceymay00
DIS Veteran

I recently added my niece the day after check in. It was no problem, but we were not using ME or DDP. I didn't know she'd be staying with us when I originally made the reservation, and I forgot to add her when we checked in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
staceymay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I typically just book myself and add friends later by an e-mail to member services. You can't list requests online, I e-mail that also.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

I had a horrible time adding my own children at check-in recently. They kept telling me at the front desk that it can't be done anymore. First they tried to call MS and have me add them. In the end they listed them as "day guests" and issued KTTW cards. It was a huge pain.

On the flip side, when I was doing an online reservation for a 2 b/r, 2 families and 9 people total, the reservation timed out before I added everyone (and I was hurrying along). My first night disappeared as an option. in the end I still had to call MS.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: