Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
MarkLyndaJakeChloe
Mark

On-line flight check-in at GC?

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's a facility at the GC to do on-line airline check-in and printing of boarding passes.
Disneyland Hotel - DLP - Dec 2004
Port Orleans R'side - WDW - July 2005
Caribbean Beach - WDW - July 2006
Became DVC Member - Oct 2006
Disneyland Hotel - DLP - Dec 2006
Saratoga Springs - WDW - March 2008
Beach Club Villas/DCL/Vero Beach - August 08
Disneyland Hotel - DLP - Dec 2008
NYC/Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - WDW - Aug 09
Boardwalk/DCL/Wilderness Lodge - WDW - March 2010
Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian -WDW - July 2010
Sequoia Lodge - DLP - Dec 2010
SF/Yosemite/Grand Californian/Las Vegas - July 2011
Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream/Old Key West - Dec 2011
Boardwalk Villas/Royal Pacific/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2012
Grand Californian - Feb 2013
Disney Magic Med Cruise - Aug 2013
Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club Villas - Oct 2013
MarkLyndaJakeChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer

There is a business centre down by the convention rooms on the way to DTD. Last time i used it (A couple years ago, it was run by a third party and was quite pricey) So now i just use mobile check in.

SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We just asked at the concierge desk and they printed the passes for us.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
Sully14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
We just asked at the concierge desk and they printed the passes for us.
Definitely the way to go ! I think they can print every airlines with the possible exception of US Air. (the person at the desk said he thinks they have some issue accessing their info).

They printed off my boarding passes within 30 seconds of my request !
Sully14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
MarkLyndaJakeChloe
Mark

Thanks for the replies.

I'll go to concierge and hopefully it won't be a problem. Just wanting to check-in online 24 hours before our flight from LA to London and hopefully have the four of us sitting together on the 10 hour flight home
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
rascalmarc
Earning My Ears

We just called the front desk from our room the night before we were to leave and they had it ready for us to pickup the next morning.
rascalmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
ParkHopper1
Mouseketeer

What airline are you flying?....Almost every airline has the ability to check in on-line from a mobile phone, especially if you have a smart phone. Gone are the days that you have to print and keep your boarding pass like it is your only copy like old tickets. You can check in on your phone, then "reprint" your boarding passes when you check your luggage or at an airline kiosk, that way you can be anywhere to check in and not need to be tied to a computer 24 hours ahead of time. No need to print when you check in. Confirm with your carrier, but I have yet to see an airline that you can't do that with.
ParkHopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
MarkLyndaJakeChloe
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
What airline are you flying?....Almost every airline has the ability to check in on-line from a mobile phone, especially if you have a smart phone. Gone are the days that you have to print and keep your boarding pass like it is your only copy like old tickets. You can check in on your phone, then "reprint" your boarding passes when you check your luggage or at an airline kiosk, that way you can be anywhere to check in and not need to be tied to a computer 24 hours ahead of time. No need to print when you check in. Confirm with your carrier, but I have yet to see an airline that you can't do that with.
We're flying with British Airways, so I'll check out if they have that facility. Thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
We couldn't figure out where to do this when we were at the Hilton Anaheim, although I thought of asking the concierge. They did have a business center (UPS Store I think), but that wasn't free.

We took United, and I recall that on the outbound leg I set up auto check-in for the return leg. This only works if you've got multiple segments or a round trip, the first leg has to be checked in manually, and you can't use it if you purchased one way. I ended up loading the mobile boarding pass on my phone but printed a backup copy of each boarding pass once we got to SNA.

When we were in Vegas, our hotel did have a supposed kiosk where one could print up boarding passes. It was really just an internet terminal attached to a printer. It was 75 cents per printed page, with a per minute cost for using the terminal and a $5 minimum. You just pulled up the email or used the airline website. I remember using a phone app to check in while we were in line somewhere.

The one nice thing they've got there (despite an otherwise lousy airport) are remote kiosks where one can check-in and/or print boarding passes before arriving at the airport. Some locations will even allow one to check in luggage for certain airlines. They've got these in several hotels, the main convention center, and the consolidated off-site car rental center. These kiosks are exactly like the ones at the airport terminals and are free. I didn't find out about it until I got home, but I did notice them when I returned our rental car (didn't notice them when I picked up our rental). This would be cool if Disney could work something like this - maybe at the hotels or perhaps at Downtown Disney.

https://www.mccarran.com/Find/Techno...eCheck-In.aspx

Strangely enough we recently stayed in a budget hotel, and they had a free terminal that was supposedly for printing boarding passes. It's odd how the places that charge a lot of money also charge for the stuff that the budget places make complimentary.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

The last time we stayed at the GCH, we called the front desk and asked them to check us in to our flight after being told they offered this service. They then sent up our passes in a very nice business file to our room. It was so nice and relieved so much stress!
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLyndaJakeChloe View Post
We're flying with British Airways, so I'll check out if they have that facility. Thanks
They do -

http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../public/en_gb#

Once they have your passport info on file (either prior flights or from the flight over), you should be able to check in either online or with the mobile app. You might not be able to get the boarding pass on your phone for international travel but you can just reprint it at the airport from a kiosk or when you check your bags.

I had issues with the business center at the GCH when they first starting charging to print the boarding passes (it use to be free but now is a third party). They basically told me since I was staying at an expensive hotel, I should be expected to pay for boarding passes! On principle alone, I will not use them again. But concierge should also be able to print them for you if can't do it on your phone.

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #12
mrswh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl2790 View Post
The last time we stayed at the GCH, we called the front desk and asked them to check us in to our flight after being told they offered this service. They then sent up our passes in a very nice business file to our room. It was so nice and relieved so much stress!
This is what we always do. No need to trek to the business center or even concierge, just pick up your phone and they will deliver right to your room.
mrswh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: