Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #46
pookybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
Oh...DeVine. Is she still in AK? I haven't seen her in years but i LOVE her. If you are lucky enough to catch her she is amazing.
i LOVE DeVine and just happening upon her. she just mesmerizes me every single time. my older kids could care less, but my youngest was enthralled this time too.

wishes still makes me cry. if i saw it every day on a trip i would cry every single time.

soarin, im like a kid! giddy and grinning from ear to ear while in line. i love talking to people in line when i hear theyve never been on it before and then seeing their reaction when they get off. i always clap at the end too. yes i know the screen needs to be spiffed up a bit, but i dont care. the ride is still perfection to me!

me, ds 17, dd12, dd4

Last edited by pookybean; 01-12-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: decided to add to the post
pookybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #47
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
I was wondering what those cards were when we were there! My DS7 would love that!
More details on Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom here:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcere..._Magic_Kingdom

Enjoy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #48
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
This is a game in which you fight villains to help Merlin save the MK.

There is a counter near guest services on Main Street where it says "volunteers needed". Go there and they'll give you a certain number of cards representing Disney heroes, as well as a key, and name you (or your kid!) a sorcerer.

You are then directed to a first portal which you open with the key, where Merlin explains to you how it works and sends you on a mission to find another portal.

Each sorcerer is sent on a different mission. The portals are all different, and well hidden. At most portals, you have to fight a villain by showing a card. The storyline evolves depending on the card shown. If you're not fast enough at showing your card you loose. In all cases you are sent to another portal and end up visiting all of MK except tomorrowland!

Lots of fun!
WHAT?!?!?!?! See that IS THE BOMB DIGGITY!

Thanks!

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #49
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
Oh...DeVine. Is she still in AK? I haven't seen her in years but i LOVE her. If you are lucky enough to catch her she is amazing.
We love her! DH has already put searching for her on his list for this trip!

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
disneybride96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

I think a lot of things at WDW are fantastic. Here is my list of a few:

I'm a big fan of the new Test Track. The new "Tron" overlay is really cool: http://youtu.be/-F4DRnUg2Fs

New Fantasyland is pretty awesome!
I love Under The Sea: Journey if the Little Mermaid: http://youtu.be/UPzZFd117LY
Be Our Guest is, in my opinion, the best restaurant in the MK: http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I
For shows The Festival of the Lion King is a fantastic show! My favourite at WDW: http://youtu.be/RbLcaqUEwQw

And for the resorts the Art of Animation is so immersive. I loved staying there and plan to again. The Little Mermaid rooms are so well decorated: http://youtu.be/H1Gnima3Abg
The Big Blue pool and the Cars section pool area are very cool too. The Big Blue pool has underwater speakers! http://youtu.be/Sov9jQCmZoA
http://youtu.be/bEHo_97ABwc
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #51
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

NEW FANTASYLAND!!!! Everything about it is amazing. The themeing is beyond incredible.

Also, the new Test Track is AWESOME. SOOOOO much better than the original. I love it. It feels so EPCOT.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #52
quesang
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I have been reading the other threads and had been starting to get a bit nervous play tour guide to my in-laws this trip. They can be hard to please, but I love Disney so much and want to show them everything. This tread reminded me of the magic. Should not be nervous at all. I am so excited now! My favourites are Philharmagic, the stepsisters, and everything Epcot.:0)
quesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #53
Mousin' Around
Mouseketeer

Our family finds everything about Disney fantastic. My wife and kids would rather go to Disney World than any place else, other than an occassional trip to Europe.
Mousin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #54
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

I don't think everything at WDW is fantastic but I do think that WDW as a whole is a fantastic, magical place.

My greatest hits from our recent trip:

1. Haunted Mansion - In spite of some door closing weirdness, HM is and has always been my favorite. I've loved it since my first trip to DL at 4. The new antics of the ghost hitchhikers were awesome!

2. Lunch at Be Our Guest - amazing setting, fabulous food, and loved QS without carrying trays.

3. Dark chocolate sea salt caramels (Germany) and ham and cheese croissants (France).

4. Drawing classes at Hollywood Studios Animation Academy - these classes blew my mind. So much fun that I went home and bought basic supplies. My first sketch pad is almost filled!

5. Toy Story Mania - pure silly fun. If the lines weren't so long, DH and I would rise this until we were sick.

6. Expedition Everest - scared me way more than expected but fun!! Once!!!

7. Art of Animation was great. Caprese sandwich was unbelievable. So good!

8. TTA - love the people movers!!

9. Finish off with a dole whip!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #55
rlilly79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1094
Honestly, in today's world, people just like to complain. The ability to do so anonymously via the internet makes it even eaiser for people to complain. Add in that many in society are much more self centered and feel that they are entitled to things and you get the level of complaints and dissatisfaction that you see here.
Oh my...couldn't have said that better myself!! I too eas very disappointed when I first came to this site...I hadn't been to Disney in 17 years and I was so excited, but after a day on this site I almost canceled!! Thank God I didn't, we went during the busiest week of the year, (Christmas to New years ) had no official touring plans just did so.e basic planning and all 7 of us had a BLAST!!! Did everything we wanted, some more than once! I would say to anyone, dont listen to the negativity on here, just the tips and kind advice, then take it and enjoy!!!
rlilly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #56
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

[QUOTE=PrincessMe;47172422]I don't think everything at WDW is fantastic but I do think that WDW as a whole is a fantastic, magical place.

2. Lunch at Be Our Guest - amazing setting, fabulous food, and loved QS without carrying trays.

What do you mean no carrying trays? Do they deliver to your table? Also, how long has the wait been for lunch. I really want to go there this trip!

3. Dark chocolate sea salt caramels (Germany) and ham and cheese croissants (France).

Oh....that sounds amazing. Going to have to add it to our list!

4. Drawing classes at Hollywood Studios Animation Academy - these classes blew my mind. So much fun that I went home and bought basic supplies. My first sketch pad is almost filled!

Believe it or not we've never done the Animation Academy. Do you think small children would like it?

5. Toy Story Mania - pure silly fun. If the lines weren't so long, DH and I would rise this until we were sick.

The best part for me is when my hand hurts at the end of the ride. I am SOOO competitive on this ride! My kids don't stand a chance.

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #57
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Pretzel rods dipped in dark chocolate and covered in m&m's.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #58
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest is QS at lunch but with a new format. You place your order at a kiosk (line was long in early December but tool 20-25 minutes) and then are given a plastic rose. You put the rose on the table, go get your drinks, and they being everything else to you on carts. It was great - we had lunch within about 10 minutes of placing the order. We loved it!

I'm not sure how small kids would do at the drawing classes - probably depends on the kid. The teacher goes quite fast and I think a lot of little ones would struggle to keep up (and you wouldn't be able to help a child and keep up with your own drawing). But a lot of kids would probably be happy just drawing their own thing while you do the class. It's about 15 minutes. It was just a really fun, low-key, hands on project in the midst of the spectacle of WDW. I know the kids get to do crafty things in Epcot. This was like the big kid version!

Totally agree on the TSM competitiveness and sore fingers. I have to shake out my hand between games. And I do get a little crazy!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #59
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMe View Post
OMG - I don't need to be reminded of the dark choc sea salt caramels!!!! I tried it on the advice of someone on this board during our last trip & it was heavenly! DD had also gotten a caramel & choc dipped strawberry & after finishing it she tried a bite of mine. (It was so rich I had saved some for later) She said, 'Mom, mine was awesome but this is AMAZING!" And then I hid the rest from her, lol. j/k I seriously still crave this treat!

Also, the waffles in Sleepy Hollow in MK were really worth stopping for & sharing. Last time we tried a couple but we really loved the nutella & fresh fruit combo the best! Next time I vow to arrive earlier in the day so I can get one of their waffle chicken sandwiches.... they stop serving them around 5 or 6 pm & I couldn't get my timing right last trip.

In Dec we watched a couple get engaged in front of the castle... that was pretty cool & like a super-magic-pixie-dust-bonus-round.... I couldn't help but tear up & be touched by their happy cloud for a while after watching the proposal.

I was just looking through pics I took in Dec of DD & my niece.... they were watching the street performers in HS & I stood on the other side of the crowd taking pics of them enjoying it, belly laughs & all. I don't have to look for the magic in those pics.... it's right there on their faces.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #60
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Fantastic for me is:

1. The Haunted Mansion. This one never grows old and I can just ride it again and again.

2. Star Tours. I'm a complete Star Wars nerd and this satisfies me like nothing else.

3. Muppets. The show is getting a little creaky but I love the Muppets and I'm so thrilled to be able to see them somewhere.

4. Columbia Harbour House. This is my favorite hidey hole particularly when we sit upstairs looking down on the crowds below.

5. Animal Kingdom Lodge. Just a beautiful place to stay.

6. Polynesian Resort. Where it all started for us umpteen years ago. It's out of our price range now but we do love to dine there or just visit.

7. MK Train. This one takes me back to old school Disney. I never get tired of it.

8. Big Al. I'm not a big fan of the show but I do love this character.

That's just a few things. There's a lot that has changed and not always for the better but there is plenty that is still pretty fantastic and you just have to key on those items.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: