Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #31
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Anyone looking for something magical to do at MK even on the busiest days is Sorcerers if the Magic Kingdom. Lots of fun, plus you can keep the cards and play with them at home.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #32
vcgirl925
DIS Veteran

Just thought of another one. Turtle talk with crush. My kids LOVE it and so do I. Especially if they are lucky enough to have Crush talk with them.

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

Philharmagic
Laugh Floor
Big Thunder Mtn
Barnstormer
Safari
Buzz
People Mover
FLK
Spaceship Earth

I love all of these because of the great memories I have of experiencing them with DD6 and DS3. The overall feeling I have when I am there is amazing. It's been six months since our trip and the kids still talk about it! DS practically begs to go back everyday. Sure, there are things that aren't my favorite but its about the experience. There is just no other place I would rather vacation!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #34
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Soarin'- I smile from ear to ear. My DH points out every feature as if I haven't already seen all of them in real life. It's just exhilarating.

Mission Space (Orange) Frankly, I want to go to Mars. I hope to watch someone do just that, someday (on live TV with a 7-second delay!)

Lion King & Nemo- The former has unparalleled music and the latter unbelievable costuming. Both are truly remarkable for a theme park!

Enchanted Tales With Belle (for the amazing tech)

TTA- Just for kicking back and absorbing the scene, Disney-style.

WS at night, and Illuminations. For a brief period of time, it sure makes one wonder why we still have wars.

I really feel it's the sum total of the experience. There are countless small details that add to the overall aesthetics and feel of a Disney Vacation. I don't know that any single thing has a "WOW" factor greater than a similar experience at another park, but in context, it really does.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #35
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That's because you brought it in with you.

It's a state of mind.
Absolutely! This thread is making me very happy. While there are always nits to pick at, it is still the happiest place on earth and you can guarantee I'm always smiling (often through tears of overwhelming emotion) when I'm there. PPs who mentioned turning the corner and seeing the Castle and crying through Wishes, I am right there with you! MMY/Celebrate the Magic, One Man's Dream, and Illuminations get me every time, too. Some other things that bring the WOW factor for me:

-Teacups (always makes me deliriously giddy)
-BoG
-HM
-BTMRR
-Splash
-Jungle Cruise (some skippers are better than others, but when you get a good one this ride is fantastic)
-Soarin'
-TT
-ToT
-RnRC
-FotLK

That's not even all of my favorite attractions. Sure, there are a few I can pass on, but the vast majority of...well, everything on property, really, is very magical to me

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #36
katdralion
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, there is so much at Disney that is fantastic!

If I add up the number of days we have spent at Disney since we started going in 1994 it comes to almost an entire year!
And am I bored of it yet?..... Not one bit!
I still tear up every time I watch Illuminations or wishes, I still skip up Main Street when I arrive in the MK and I still have the most amazing time every day we are there and cry because I don't want to go home.

BUT I also complain when they take things away and change things for the worse. I complain because I love Disney and I don't want to see the parks become less than they can be.

katdralion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #37
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
I've been reading threads over the past couple of weeks and it seems that so many people don't like this show or that show. Don't like this ride anymore or that ride. I'm just wondering. What do you consider to be FANTASTIC at WDW? Not, this attraction was soooo good when it first came out for it's time. What do you consider to be the "bomb diggity" right now? It could be a ride, a show, something, anything.

So what's yours?!
"Bomb diggity"? I love it!

And yeah, there have been some really crabby posts on here lately.

My list -

Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain because (1) that movie hold such special memories for me for extremely personal reasons (2) it's a long attraction (3) just a nice casual ride with one big drop.

Studios - Twilight Zone because when I couldn't ride certain things because of an accident I could still do the first part and it still freaked me out.

Also - Star Tours because you never know what you are going to get.

Epcot - Mission:Space because I always, always, always, get butterflies in the stomach when those birds fly over when you are getting ready to launch on the moon.

Also - the entertainment - I challenge anyone not to find something there that doesn't put a smile on their face. I watched as my 51 year old brother-in-law, who proudly calls him asocial, just HAVE to take a photo of Alice in Wonderland. He loves the character. He was just so thrilled. He also jammed to Off Kilter and the British Revolution.

Animal Kingdom - Flights of Wonder for the great message it puts out, the enthusiastic host and Guano Joe, the experience for anyone to talk to the handlers, the way everyone is encouraged to come up and see the birds after the show.

Also - Expedition Everest because there's a heck of a lot more than going up and coming back down.

Would be nice to focus on good things and not the bad but we are humans and are kinda stupid that way.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #38
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

I forgot the teacups! An absolute favorite with my family!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #39
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

AK: Expedition Everest and FOTLK are real gems.
MK: POTC and Splash Mountain are my family's favorites.
E: I love Malestrom, and Test Track has a special place in my heart.
DHS: TSMM and ToT are spectacular.

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
married2mm
DIS Veteran

open the maps,and therein lies the love.

can't wait to go back again.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #41
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Does the overwhelming feeling of happiness I get when I'm there count?
I especially feel that way when I am surrounded by a bunch of friends at Disney. Disney provides almost endless opportunities to laugh, share, talk, laugh, eat, visit, laugh, and be together. Whether it is tasting beer or tasty desserts from around the world, getting brought into streetmosphere, getting a group picture on Tower of Terror, or as somebody mentioned - being surprised by DiVine.

Mostly we create our own magic while Disney provides a beautiful venue. Last summer we invented so many games to keep us busy and happy...and it was a fantastic visit. Here are a few:

* We had a photopass challenge to see in our group of 12 could get the photographers to capture the most original picture.
* My cousin challenged me to find the beauty in Its A Small World, and after riding it about 5 times as she pointed out the artistic wonders in the rooms - I was a convert. Loved that experience.
* We tackled a four park - 18 land challenge that encompassed 22 rides in one day!
* We drank around the world on two different days - extremely fun time.
* We had a duel Buzz Lightyear competition designed to combine or two best scores from TSMM and Buzz Ranger Spin.
* And we rode Kali River Rapids consecutively until everyone in our group was completely drenched (you can do this between 6-7 pm by the way).

And EVERYTHING is extra magical at night when all the lights are on. I enjoy that the most.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
DorianDonP
Mouseketeer

ToT is amazing every time I go on it. May be my favorite ride in the world.
DorianDonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #43
vcgirl925
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
Anyone looking for something magical to do at MK even on the busiest days is Sorcerers if the Magic Kingdom. Lots of fun, plus you can keep the cards and play with them at home.

What is sorcerers? I've never heard of it.

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #44
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925

What is sorcerers? I've never heard of it.
This is a game in which you fight villains to help Merlin save the MK.

There is a counter near guest services on Main Street where it says "volunteers needed". Go there and they'll give you a certain number of cards representing Disney heroes, as well as a key, and name you (or your kid!) a sorcerer.

You are then directed to a first portal which you open with the key, where Merlin explains to you how it works and sends you on a mission to find another portal.

Each sorcerer is sent on a different mission. The portals are all different, and well hidden. At most portals, you have to fight a villain by showing a card. The storyline evolves depending on the card shown. If you're not fast enough at showing your card you loose. In all cases you are sent to another portal and end up visiting all of MK except tomorrowland!

Lots of fun!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #45
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
This is a game in which you fight villains to help Merlin save the MK.

There is a counter near guest services on Main Street where it says "volunteers needed". Go there and they'll give you a certain number of cards representing Disney heroes, as well as a key, and name you (or your kid!) a sorcerer.

You are then directed to a first portal which you open with the key, where Merlin explains to you how it works and sends you on a mission to find another portal.

Each sorcerer is sent on a different mission. The portals are all different, and well hidden. At most portals, you have to fight a villain by showing a card. The storyline evolves depending on the card shown. If you're not fast enough at showing your card you loose. In all cases you are sent to another portal and end up visiting all of MK except tomorrowland!

Lots of fun!
I was wondering what those cards were when we were there! My DS7 would love that!

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: