Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I still love everything about Disney World!

Maybe it's because I don't have the opportunity to go every year (or even more than once a year!) like some do. Usually it is several years between visits. I went for a week with my Mom in 2009, then in January 2011 DH and I went for 4 days. Now I've booked a week this September with our adult DD. We were horrible parents and never took our kids to Disney when they were little. DS went 3 times (with a group) in high school but DD has never been, and she's 34!

So looking forward to our week there together, and seeing Disney "through her eyes" as a first timer again! So excited already!

I think I still enjoy the Magic Kingdom best. My favorites there are Haunted Mansion (it never gets old!), Pirates of the Caribbean, Stitch (I know, I know, so many don't like that one), It's a Small World and my all-time favorite attraction, Carousel of Progress . I never tire of seeing that! And seeing the castle, and walking down Main Street, it's all absolutely wonderful!

I enjoy EPCOT too, walking to the various "countries" in the back, riding Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, the Land, etc. Always love our day there.

Animal Kingdom is fun, just went on Everest for the first time our last trip and loved that. We enjoy the safari, It's Tough to be a Bug, looking at the Tree of Life, just walking and taking it all in.

Haven't been to Hollywood Studios in several years, last time I was there it was still called MGM and it was our least favorite. I'm excited to go this time though, with DD, and see what's new in the past several years.

Downtown Disney is always a fun day too, and we stay at Port Orleans Riverside so enjoy the nice, leisurely boat ride to there and back.

So, to me, everything is still FANTASTIC!!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We've taken 47 trips so far and it keeps getting better and better... Don't pay attention to negative posts .... Those type of people will never have a clue and could never appreciate WDW for what it is....

I get the most enjoyment at the MK coming out from under the train station and seeing the hub, smelling the pop corn vender....

Few more feet and seeing up Main Street and the castle ... Never mind any attractions.... I'm here, carefree... No wants or wishes free from the rat race at home...

I could care less if I've ridden these attraction 50 times or more... I enjoy them all without any complaints ... Like the Peoplemover, COP....all timeless...we enjoy each and every land but spend alot if our time in Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square... Heck. I could spend a whole day sitting on a park bench!!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Put us in the WE LOVE EVERYTHING camp.

We find something new to love every single time we go. This time around we've caught PUSH many times & it hasn't gotten old yet. DD still giggles when she shares the memory.

We are still attached to the nostalgic rides/attractions & find them every bit as magical as the newer more impressive ones.

For us, the Magic is partly due to being there, stress-free from the worries of our day-to-day lives. A ride being shut down or not living up to a memory isn't enough to dampen this feeling. I WAS disappointed when TSM went down while we there but that was because we hadn't ever ridden it & we had made special efforts to be there for RD that morning in order to not miss it. I was devastated temporarily when the ride was shut down for technical issues almost immediately after park opening..... but it was short lived & we were still able to ride using FP. It took me about 15 mins to be distracted from my own pity-party & get back to enjoying my vacation.

I also think a lot of nay-sayers expect AMAZING A-ticket type of experiences with every single ride, show or attraction & that's just unrealistic, IMO.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

#1 - I love this post. I always love positivity!!!

#2 - I just LOVE Disney! Period. I think everything about it is amazing, no matter how many times I've gone. And yes, even times when there are rides broken down, or long lines, or *gasp* a change in napkins...

I just feel like it is a "whole new world". I love that we find something new to love everytime.

My "fantastic" list includes:

Wishes I cry every time (even when watching on YouTube)

Tower of Terror Fantastic. The theming, the ride. I cannot get off that ride without an ear to ear grin.

Space Mountain - I have loved Space Mountain since I was a child and every time I ride it brings me back.

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor - Hilarious. My face hurts coming out of there.

I could probably go on and on. I love Disney, and just feel grateful that my family and I are able to go as much as we do.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
smellyia
Mouseketeer

I think WDW is FANTASTIC. PERIOD.

I've done DL too many times to count as a kid and teen and told myself when I moved to this side of the Mississippi I would take my child - which I did and everything was - pardon the cliche - MAGICAL. All these complaints are lost on me. The planning is fun, ADRs are a great family past time as we imagine our ideal meals on vacation, talking about the rides and characters....the prep alone makes our trips great.

MK- everything save Columbia Harbor house (made my tummy roll) and Space Mountain for me (only)
Epcot- World Beercase I've nicknamed in my head nothing like standing in line to see Pooh on a hot summer evening with a lager.
AK- DINOSAUR is awesome! And my kid has a blast naming all the animals we encounter
DHS- TSM. I've never been so competitive in my life!
DTD- walking around and just enjoying the scene with my family is some of my best vacation memories.

The place is for sure a money juggernaut there to appeal to our sentimental pocketbooks but who care?! Ill never forget the look on DD's face the first time she saw Tink and that's what it's all about imho.
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
Grand Floridian January 2015
smellyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
budamacdvcr
DIS Dad #737

Put us in the LOVE IT Camp

Love all of it and love it more and more every time! Outside of the great attractions and shows, just the atmosphere and feeling of just walking through the parks, all the wonderful castmembers and their great service and despite the crowds, WDW at Christmas - can't be beat!
DIS Dads #737
me DW DD (19) DS (17)

WDW 20 Trips, DCL 8 Cruises, March '13 DLR

budamacdvcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #22
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

I just wanted to add that I know people have legit complaints and opinions. I know there are things that Disney could improve on. I know that there are attractions that seem outdated and i know it never seems like they update shows/attractions fast enough. I think a part of that is that a lot of us are jaded because we go so often. If you go once every couple of years you are going to be so impressed by ALL the changes from last time you went. But if you go every couple months to a year, yeah, you can pick out all the little things that need improving or updating.

For me, i'm going in February and i want to get that EXCITED feeling for my trip. A little positive thread will help me get there! I'm sure it will help others too.

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
misfitmary
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post

For us, the Magic is partly due to being there, stress-free from the worries of our day-to-day lives.
^^^This is what I am looking forward to. The rides and attractions are an added bonus!!
misfitmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

There is a legit difference between opinion and complaint. The thing is, on these boards (and others, for that matter), more and more people just complain. You just don't find many threads where folks constructively discuss differences of opinion; they're resorting to name calling ("shallow minded", "naive", to name JUST a few) and attacking when someone does express their opinion. It makes these boards very difficult to read and glean any insight from anymore.

That being said, I am part of the "IT'S ALL FANTASTIC" camp! We love Disney. Just some of my faves:

MK: Philharmagic. Hands down my favorite attraction in ALL of WDW. BTMRR. Love this because it's fun but mostly because DD8 just squeals with joy when we ride. Main St USA/rounding the bend to see the castle. There just aren't words. And, Wishes. Makes me very emotional.
EP: Soarin. Current ring tone on my cell phone is this. World Showcase. Just love making that walk. Grand Fiesta. For personal reasons; this is the last thing we did with my BFF's hubby before he unexpectedly passed away 2 weeks after we got home from the trip. Candlelight Processional @ Christmas.
HS: ToT, B&TB show makes me emotional. I love Fantasmic but DH and DD do not. Osborne Lights @ Christmas.
AK: Safari, Tough to be a Bug, Everest

LOVE!!!

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Girl's Weekend! - Yacht Club, Nov 2014
Thankful to be going back to the Fort! - Fort Wilderness, Thanksgiving 2014
Reunion with friends from UK we met on our Med cruise - Apr 15
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #25
Boski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
Oh...DeVine. Is she still in AK? I haven't seen her in years but i LOVE her. If you are lucky enough to catch her she is amazing.
She was in August when we were there
2012(August): Beach Club
2013(Sept): Beach Club
Boski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
jgh
Peter Pan!

A few of my top "fantastic" things... (though everything is fantastic, there are a few that top them all)

MK:
Peter Pan
Big Thunder
Pirates
Philharmagic (I really do love it...)

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth (FAV!!)
Soarin
Test Track (the old one anyway? Haven't been since it re-opened)
Nemo Ride (I'm sorry, it may be a stupid ride, but I love going to find Nemo and seeing the real fishies and hearing "Big Blue World")

Animal:
Kilimanjaro Safari
Everest
Trails/Treks, especially Marharajah
Festival of the Lion King
Pizzafari (does that count? I look forward to Pizzafari every trip )

DHS:
Toy Story Mania
Rockin Roller Coaster
Beauty and the Beast On Stage
Great Movie Ride

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #27
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

Everything is still fantastic and magical in WDW. There are people who are not having good days and come here to complain about everything and I understand because we all have had a couple less than magical experiences at WDW if you go enough. BUT as a total it is just as magical as when I first went a very long, long time ago.

I love Tiki Room in WDW. Tacky but never fails to make me smile.
The new BOG is amazing inside. I love the snow.
I love the theme and a special touches all throughout the Magic Kingdom.

Taking the safari in the morning in Animal Kingdom or just walking around and seeing all the detail throughout.

Where else other than Epcot can you experience so many cultures in one day. I could ride Soarin' all day, everyday.

I am on vacation. Someone is cooking and cleaning for me. I don't have to drive anywhere and I am being entertained. Most every CM is smiling and making sure you have a truly magical experience! Yes, there are things that have changed and I'm not thrilled about but I will never stop feeling the magic and begin to look forward to going back the minute I leave.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Nemo in AK
Lion King in AK
the Sign Language Interpreters

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #29
becpee
I see sock puppets

Does the overwhelming feeling of happiness I get when I'm there count?

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #30
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Pixie dust by the gallons.
That's because you brought it in with you.

It's a state of mind.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: