Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Is there anything at Disney that is still FANTASTIC?

I've been reading threads over the past couple of weeks and it seems that so many people don't like this show or that show. Don't like this ride anymore or that ride. I'm just wondering. What do you consider to be FANTASTIC at WDW? Not, this attraction was soooo good when it first came out for it's time. What do you consider to be the "bomb diggity" right now? It could be a ride, a show, something, anything.

For me:
Dinosaur! Yes, i love it. It's scary and it still scares me EVERY TIME i go on it.
Kilamanjaro Safari: Love it. Every single time.
The Lion King Show: Never gets old. I love everything about it. The way all the space in the theater is used. The floats. The acrobats. The singing. The way they get the audience involved. The kids doing the parade.
Tower of Terror: Still excites me. Love the tower itself and the set/feel of it.
All the mountains: Love them all so much.
Kim Possible Missions: I don't even know if this counts because i know that it's changed to P&F and i haven't tried it yet (we will in Feb.). But i loved everything about it too. I would find myself taking the Kimunicators from my kids because i was so excited.
Test Track: Again, not sure if it counts because i haven't been on the refurbed TT yet.

So what's yours?!

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
katt789
DIS Veteran

PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING!! Seriously. Hahha

There is nothing better than rounding the bend in MK and seeing that Castle and walking down Main Street...

-Festival of the Lion King: I cry every time, there's so much magic and talent in that show
-Everest: always thrilling, so what if the yeti's no longer moving, the ride's still awesome, and that drop! AH!
-Meeting characters: it's always a new and exciting adventure, truth yes, sometimes you end up with a not so great one, but hey, the good ones make up for it
-Toy Story Mania: always awesome, you can try to beat your last score, be best in vehicle, so much fun!
-ToT: the ride changes every time, and its great every time
-Wishes/Fantasmic: UGH. My emotions.

.....this list could go on and on for me, but I'm someone that I will always find some kind of magic in each and every trip. I don't look for the things that will anger me or tick me off, yes there are a TON of those things that I see in every trip, but the magic will always be there for me because that's what I'm looking for and that's what I go there for!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
misfitmary
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
I've been reading threads over the past couple of weeks and it seems that so many people don't like this show or that show. Don't like this ride anymore or that ride. I'm just wondering. What do you consider to be FANTASTIC at WDW? Not, this attraction was soooo good when it first came out for it's time. What do you consider to be the "bomb diggity" right now? It could be a ride, a show, something, anything.
I know right? I am visiting DW in two weeks. My last visit was about 25 years ago. I remember everything being fantastic even though it was only 2 parks at that time. After reading all these threads, I am beginning to think I am in for a major letdown. Somebody, please talk me down off the ledge.
misfitmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Oh...DeVine. Is she still in AK? I haven't seen her in years but i LOVE her. If you are lucky enough to catch her she is amazing.

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitmary View Post
I know right? I am visiting DW in two weeks. My last visit was about 25 years ago. I remember everything being fantastic even though it was only 2 parks at that time. After reading all these threads, I am beginning to think I am in for a major letdown. Somebody, please talk me down off the ledge.
Now honey, you step away from that ledge!
For real, don't let the Debbie Downers get to you. Its going to be amazing!
I LOVE all of the mountains!
The Beauty and the Beast show- Im a sobbing mess at the end.
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur
Cinderella Royal Table- I'm more excited than my 2 girls when the princesses come by our table
GaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

I love everything about WDW... but if I had to pick a couple things from each park it would be:

MK--
The Laugh Floor!!! -- I could do this show a couple times a trip.
Seeing the castle for the first time.
PotC -- This ride is Disney for me.

Epcot--
Innovations -- it keeps my family busy for hours, very underrated.
The whole WS -- I love interacting with the CMs from all over the world. It is just amazing.

DHS--
Beauty and the Beast show! -- I could watch this show a couple times a trip as well.
ToT -- Just pure fun!

AK--
It's tough to be a Bug! -- I don't know why I love this one, but I can't wait to see it again.
The Flights of Wonder -- I love birds so to see them in this show is so fun.
The Safari -- Love being so close to the animals, it is just magical.

This is by no means everything that I love, it is just a very very small taste. I find something new that I love every trip.

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Jasperann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
princessSunshine
Mouseketeer

EVERYTHING I love it all!!! but can see how newbies reading all the threads can get discouraged - maybe people find it easier to complain than to say "I had the time of my life"

I love everything everyone has already posted and I really enjoy the looks on people's faces when they get drenched on Kali because they really didn't know you could get wet
princessSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
Tormania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
I've been reading threads over the past couple of weeks and it seems that so many people don't like this show or that show. Don't like this ride anymore or that ride.
Don't let that bother you. So many people have become professional complainers it's a wonder why they even get out of bed in the morning. Their loss to spend so much energy complaining about things.

I've only been to WDW once (Jan 2004) and will be going back this Dec with my 3 yr old son and can hardly wait myself! Can't fathom that it won't be completely magical the whole trip!
Tormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
stitch1094
Mouseketeer

Honestly, in today's world, people just like to complain. The ability to do so anonymously via the internet makes it even eaiser for people to complain. Add in that many in society are much more self centered and feel that they are entitled to things and you get the level of complaints and dissatisfaction that you see here.
stitch1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
misfitmary
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur
Cinderella Royal Table- I'm more excited than my 2 girls when the princesses come by our table
Thank you for that! After the money I have paid, I'm going to love every bit, fantastic or not!
misfitmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I still find almost all of WDW FANTASTIC (otherwise, I wouldn't go so often/love it so much!)

Currently, if I had to pick one from each park, I am very high on:

-Gaston's Tavern

-Finding Nemo the musical

-Living with the Land

-Toy Story Mania
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Don't confuse complaints with opinions.

Do you love every flavor of ice cream? Do you love every movie that's out? Do you love every song they play on the radio?
Just because some one says they don't like some thing does not mean it's a complaint. It means a particular show or ride was not their thing.

What I find fantastic?

MAIN STREET USA!!
Which is probably why I'm a nervous nelly over the rumors of starbucks. I swear if they mess up the "ambiance" it may make a big difference on how I view the world (flame away)

Anyhoo, for me Main street USA is just perfection. I love walking in on a sunny day. You go under the train station and walk into another world. You know that scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy opens her door of her house and she's in B & W and then boom a world full of color? That's the feeling I get when I walk out onto Main Street. I love seeing the cm in white and red with a hand full of mickey ballons, the music playing, every thing.

Now if you read my other post, you will see I think CRT is the biggest rip off known to man. Doesn't mean I hate disney or any thing else. I'm not complaining but if some one on the restaurant boards ask about CRT I will tell them save their money and skip.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur
AMEN! We had a BLAST and we were there at *gasp* christmas.

No scooter wrecks, only one stroller clip, happy CMs, happy guests.
Magic everywhere. Pixie dust by the gallons.

The only think, I didn't "love" what Stitch's great escape, but I didn't HATE it either.

Saw the Lion King for the first time ever -love.
The Animal Kingdom parade - LOVE!
Soarin and Test Track - LOVE!
Characters everywhere - LOVE!
ALL of MK LOVE! I cried when I saw the castle from main street. I cried at the EPCOT opening song.
I was thrilled to see PUSH.
DHS - FUN!

The magic is still there. Haters gonna hate. Dont let them ruin YOUR magic.
Make some of your own.

I made a point to talk to and engage with CMs, particularly ones I had seen have a bad "moment" with an other guest (bus drives, esp) and it made their day.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

A majority of things are still fantastic at WDW, IMO.

For example, we love the updates made to HM and POTC. I think a lot of it is in the eye of the beholder.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
Foxxie52
Mouseketeer

Everything!

I've been to WDW plenty of times on holiday. I worked there for an entire year but when my DH told me we were going back, I sobbed openly! I still love everything about the parks. However, if I had to pick my favourite, I'd definately say Soarin'. It was great when it opened and is still fantastic now!
Foxxie52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: