Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #46
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

Hey! really enjoying your trip report - I remember Criss Cross - I know exactly what you're talking about!

So glad you had an amazing time and looking forward to hearing more...

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #47
stacy~**
Mouseketeer

Wow...love all the Carsland pictures. We aren't big Cars fans but I am still sooo excited to check this out. I am already planning a Cars movie night shortly before our trip.

It really seems like you got alot done that night. I had to double check that you were still on day one. Can't wait for you BB reservation! For now anyways, I am planning that as our only table service meal.

Thanks for the vinylmation explaination. I don't think we are going to be hard-core traders. Just looking for something new to do (along with pin trading) and I was hoping to stock up on some leading up to the trip so they don't cut into our souvier budget so much when we are there!

POP/Beach Club May 2014
Saratoga Springs March 2014
DISNEYLAND-Paradise Pier July 2013*BWI June 2012
ASMo March 2012-one day only*WL July 2010
POFQ Jan 2009*DISNEYLAND-Hojo Aug 2007
POFQ March 2007*CSR Aug 2006

3 days in LA, 6 days in Disneyland and 1 Amazing Cast Member Photo bomb

I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/stacyleigh9
stacy~** is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #48
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Great night pictures in Carsland! Looking forward to reading more

PHXscuba
Thank you for reading! And even more for posting!! Can't wait to read your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetia View Post
Hey! really enjoying your trip report - I remember Criss Cross - I know exactly what you're talking about!

So glad you had an amazing time and looking forward to hearing more...
hahaha I was hoping at least 1 reader would get one of my references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy~** View Post
Wow...love all the Carsland pictures. We aren't big Cars fans but I am still sooo excited to check this out. I am already planning a Cars movie night shortly before our trip.

It really seems like you got alot done that night. I had to double check that you were still on day one. Can't wait for you BB reservation! For now anyways, I am planning that as our only table service meal.

Thanks for the vinylmation explaination. I don't think we are going to be hard-core traders. Just looking for something new to do (along with pin trading) and I was hoping to stock up on some leading up to the trip so they don't cut into our souvier budget so much when we are there!
I would definitely watch the Cars movie before you leave. I wouldn't worry so much about Cars 2, there is not a lot there that is Cars 2. Also...we hadn't watched Cars 2 before a week ago, and I really didn't like it. It kind of felt like Pixar was phoning it in. I also sort of feel like they ruined Mater. It had a few clever things, like all the junk lemon cars being the bad guys but I dunno.

We got a lot done, especially since the park was so crowded. I really wish we had taken time this night to watch the fireworks (foreshadowing). Make sure you watch them!

I dunno about your vinyl trading thoughts...you might get hooked
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #49
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Evacuate medical emergency!

EVACUATE!

whoop whoop

EVACUATE!

whoop whoop

EVACUATE MEDICAL EMERGENCY!

whoop whoop

EVACUATE!

whoop whoop

EVACUATE!

whoop whoop

...Wait a minute, we didn't order a wake up call?!

There is nothing more confusing or annoying than being forced awake on your first morning of vacation by the dulcet tones of a blaring alarm.

We did what any good vacationers would do and were able to successfully ignore the alarm for a good 5 minutes or so. Finally I picked up the phone and dialed the front desk.

'Is this something we need to be concerned about?'

'No ma'am, it is the parking garage next door doing a test'

'Wonderful'

Go to hell parking garage.

DL opened today at 10 am. There was no EMM available to us so we had wanted to sleep in for as long as we could. I believe this alarm went off around 8 though, so we had plenty of time to get ready.

We quickly got ready for a day at the parks then packed our bags and loaded up the car. We were moving to the Candy Cane Inn today.

Me and Figment and 00Sassy.

Regrettably, I left our room keys in the room and Brian was not able to get his cardboard doughnut complimentary breakfast at the Super 8.

We arrived at the Candy Cane after 1 or 2 U turns (oh how I love U turns, I really do, thank you California for encouraging them). I went inside to check in and we were given our room number, though the room was not ready yet. I got our parking tag and we left 00Sassy in her new home.

A picture of the Candy Cane parking, if anyone was curious.

We had missed the shuttle by about 10 minutes and I wasn't about to wait for the next one.

Besides, we were already about 5 minutes closer to DL's gates than yesterday, so the walk was fine.

And then....

I don't really use this term a lot.

but...

OMG.

The security lines were super, super long. I was immediately dismayed. We had about 25 minutes to park opening and this was going to be our 'run to fantasyland and finish everything' day.

Scratch that. As danimaroo would say, whomp whomp. (don't think she reads this trip report, but I read hers!).

We cleared security with 10 minutes or less to DL opening.

Hint: if the lines to get into the park are super long, head towards downtown disney, they are usually a lot shorter over there.

Not short enough, though. This line just would not move. I am not sure if everyone needed a picture taken or if lots more people than usual are able to get up and get there at opening when it opens at 10, thus making the lines to get in longer.

Geeeeez.

I do enjoy pictures of the monorail though! And lately whenever I say monorail I get the Simpson's monorail song stuck in my head:

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, six-car monorail
What'd I say?
Monorail
What's it called?
Monorail
That's right! Monorail

Monorail Monorail Monorail

Sadly, we didn't get into DL until it had already been open 30 minutes.

With hope in our hearts, we headed to Fantasyland just to see...

OK so maybe we took a slight detour to take a photo of one of the trolley horses

Castle isn't too busy, maybe Fantasyland won't be so bad...

Peter Pan had an already huge line. I love the Peter Pan ride at both WDW and DL, but WDW has FP and DL does not. I wasn't ready to wait in a huge line for it, so we sighed and sadly moved on, hoping we'd be able to get on it Sunday morning (our only other park day, Wednesday, we'd be doing a DCA early hotel entry).

I sent Brian off to get FP for Matterhorn and we had promised to meet at Mr. Toad's country mansion after I went on my first ride of the day: the bathroom.

Took this picture on the way, bathroom not pictured.

When I made it to Mr. Toad's I discovered that his Mansion was down for repairs (I heard a nasty rumor that he'd crashed his car through the front door, but I just won't believe Mr. Toad is capable of that sort of reckless driving).

I waited around about 10 minutes until I saw Brian. He had discovered what I'm sure all of you know...that Matterhorn does not have FP. Ugh.

We decided to head for Tomorrowland. The sun'll come out tomorrow, after all. Ugh, what is it with me and the bad puns today.

I just realized we did not ride these boats this trip I now has a sad.

We paused to take pictures in the stationary teacup.

This is the closest Brian will ever get to the tea cups, he was faking a vomit because he cannot stand them.

I wish they still had real mermaids in this lagoon. That would be sweet.

On the way Brian saw that the Jedi Training was going on so we stopped to watch that. Star Wars is pretty much as important as air to me, so I loved it. Brian liked Darth's entrance on the rising stage.

And then Darth Maul showed up!!!!!

Love him, I don't know what George was thinking when he cut him (hahahaha) after the first prequel.

Seriously now *warning, skip ahead if you don't want to hear a Star Wars rant*

If Darth Maul lives through the first movie (oops, spoiler alert), that gives the next movie so much more fire. Obi Wan has to deal with his feelings of wanting revenge for Qui Gon, and the movie coulda showed how Obi Wan took the jedi path with those feelings, and how Anakin succumbed to them
in his thirst for revenge. Plus Darth Maul is just the best.

*if you skipped the rant, please continue reading here*

After watching for a while Brian got our FP for Space while I traded a vinyl in the gift shop.

I traded a junk vinyl and got the Rabbit from the Alice in Wonderland set. I don't love that set, but hey, at least it is not another junk vinyl.

Remember when I said to always look up in gift shops?? This is a good example.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #50
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Eatin Lunch Down on the Bayou

Then we headed to Buzz. Finally, our first ride and it had no wait.

I took a picture of the rankings so I could make sure that Brian remembered that I was a Space Scout and that he was just a Planetary Pilot. Whenever I win he accuses me of cheating. When I ask him how I could possibly cheat he says the DIS boards probably taught me how to cheat somehow.

I'm not sure what he thinks I do on the DIS but reading posts about how to score secret, high point targets is definitely not something I do on the DIS. We don't do that here...right? Hahahaha.

Buzz is interesting to me. I love video games but am never quite sure where my little laser pointer is pointing. Not sure if I'm shooting something or looking at someone else's laser.

We tried to email our picture home but we couldn't find it this time.

We had an 11:30 reservation at Blue Bayou, and I am a little sad to say it was time to head over there. So we'd got on one ride. Not exactly a banner morning.

We went through Adventureland, and we didn't ride anything but I took some pictures I like.

We were a bit early so we explored New Orleans a bit. It is a very interesting area and with the second story it really feels like you are in New Orleans and not DL.

Ahhh the alligator has flowers in his mouth. I have a weird thing with alligators. They are probably the animal I'd be most afraid to be face to face with, so I always have to point their representations out. And I was desperately searching for one on the last WDW trip. I never spotted one, but I did see a panther.

The Blue Bayou check in area opened at 11:15 so we were second to check in. I politely requested a waterside table and we sat in the waiting area.

Pretty stained glass exit area.

They began to seat precisely at 11:30. We were led to a wonderful waterside table almost right in the middle of the restaurant.

The atmosphere of this restaurant really is tough to beat (I can't say impossible to beat because I've been to San Angel Inn and Sci Fi at WDW). I love the background noise with the banjo player and the crickets chirping. Reminds me of nights at home growing up in the country.

That is a picture attempt without the tripod. Not great, huh?

We pulled out our handy dandy gorilla tripod (it is a mini tripod that can wrap around fences or other things) and Brian set up the camera to try to get some decent Blue Bayou scenery pictures.

That is a bit better.

Our waitress was lovely, she brought our bread out and I ordered a Pomegranate Lemonade (I loooove this drink and it's one of my signature Disney drinks). I am not sure what Brian ordered, probably a water or a pop.

No food pictures, sorry. Was a bit dark and we didn't want to use a flash.

This is the description of my food courtesy of allears.net menus:

Isla-Cruces Crab Cakes - Succulent pan-seared Crab Cakes, topped with lobster beurre blanc and mango slaw. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables

And Brian's:

Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya - A robust combination of jumbo gulf shrimp, mahi mahi, tasso ham, andouille sausage and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice"

Brian chose the salad and I got the gumbo. I thought it was slightly chilly in there so I wanted something to warm up.

Brian liked his salad but I was in love with my gumbo. Pretty amazing.

I really can't describe our meals very well for you because I don't have the words. The Crab Cakes were just delicious. Look at that, I even capitalized it without thinking about it. That is how good. Capitilization good.

Unfortunatly, my stomach was small at this point in the trip and I couldn't finish so Brian 'had' to.

Then our waitress brought out some birthday mousse for me!

We were planning to splurge on a dessert anyway so this was great.

We tried for a few more pictures and enjoyed the atmosphere for a few more minutes then decided to leave so someone else could enjoy our awesome table.

By this time we had missed our FP window for Space, of course, that is the type of day we were having in regards to getting on rides.

We got FP for IJ

I liked this light fixture I saw on the way

Then we had to go back and ride Pirates in tribute to our dining experience.

I think we had about a 5 minute wait.

We paused for a minute near the end, this is the best I could get of Jack without using the flash.

At this point, I really can't say enough about other guests enhancing or destroying a ride experience. Last time at DL our first ride on Pirates involved guests snapping flash photos of every animatronic. It just destroyed the experience. I'd like to say I don't let other people bother me, but sometimes it is just impossible to feel that way. It doesn't go so far as to ruin my day, but yeah, I've had ride experiences ruined.

I've also had ride experiences enhanced by the other guests reactions. I'm pretty sure you all have these as well. Like on TOT, it is almost a bonding experience. There aren't too many of you, everyone shares fears and excitement on the way up, then everyone reacts together. The other riders
enhance it for you and everyone has a better time.

Ok side tangent over. No one ruined our ride experience this time and it was a fun time.

Yo ho yo ho it's time to get out of the boat.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #51
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I totally agree how much other people can enhance/ruin the ride experiences. For example, on one of our Soarin' flights, everyone cheered when we got to the LA/Disneyland parts ... probably a lot of locals. We got lucky that no one was using their flash on our last trip.

Looks like you got a lot of good, unique photos despite the lack of rides!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #52
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree how much other people can enhance/ruin the ride experiences. For example, on one of our Soarin' flights, everyone cheered when we got to the LA/Disneyland parts ... probably a lot of locals. We got lucky that no one was using their flash on our last trip.

Looks like you got a lot of good, unique photos despite the lack of rides!

PHXscuba
Completely. Like at WDW there is Mickey's Philharmagic, and there are lots of crowd reactions to the 3d or the songs. Same with TTBAB, everyone screaming and laughing.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #53
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

He's Winnie the Pooh Winnie the Pooh Willy nilly silly old bear

It wasn't time for our IJ FP yet, so we meandered over to a part of DL that we hadn't explored this trip: Critter Country!!

We had a few minutes before we could get another FP, so we decided to ride Pooh!

It was very sunny out at this point, and visibility was low. We were almost into the queue for Pooh (haha queue for Pooh rhymes) when a mom shoved her two little kids in front of us to get in line first and I tripped over the girl, almost knocking her over. The family ignored this and powered by us to get into line first, dragging the poor girl along. I hadn't seen them coming and had no idea where they came from. Brian was behind me and said they practically ran to get ahead of us.

OK...

We then preceded to walk directly through the entire line and get into our Pooh honeypot vehicle with not another guest in sight. Guess it was super important to almost injure your daughter to get ahead of us.

The ride vehicles are super adorable for this. I love the little elephant bug things.

We got our own car to ourselves, and I decided to do the self picture taking that everyone in trip reports does:

Brian complied by making his prettiest smile.

Piglet is moving super fast! He is just a blur! Piglet is weird.

Gift shop ceiling again, wouldn't wanna miss that adorable little guy!

I was really into this bench outside of Splash

So we got our Splash FP and our window was now open for IJ! So back we headed. Never done so much criss crossing of the parks before the FP enforcement.

The line for IJ was pretty much non-existent, we didn't even need our FPs really.

There was one man behind us in line so we let him go by and tried to get some good queue pictures with the flash on the camera:

Brian's favorite part is making the ceiling fall.

Kind of recognizable picture of the ceiling over the well.

My favorite pre-show man, Sallah!!

I enjoy pulling this rope and messing up the archaeologist's day, I won't lie.

We got in our ride vehicle (still not the driver, I've always want to drive but am usually in the second row) and off we went!! I love the music when you enter the main room with the bridge and the skull. Just over all a very fun ride. I wish they did ride photos for this one.

And then a few more exit queue pictures:

I like that they let some natural light in at some points during the queue

We decided to choose wisely by taking another spin through the Forbidden Temple, but when we came out the ride was closed

Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #54
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

welcome to the house of tomorrrrrow!

It wasn't time to use our Splash FPs yet so we wandered onto Main Street, and who did we see?!?!

Beautiful Brother the horse!! I think we rode almost every trolley horse Disneyland has.

I just love that the horses have their own CM name tags, and I always like to take a picture so I remember who the horses are.

We enjoyed our stroll down Main Street

We'll be eating there later in the trip!

I see Donald!! Donald is my favorite!

Blurry picture but I kind of like it.

Brother stopped and I was able to see Donald right away.

After I said hello to Donald, we realized we didn't have anything else to do down here and needed to go back down Main Street. We decided to do it in style on the firetruck.

The only other passengers were a grandmother and granddaughter. She couldn't have been older than 2 but she was so well behaved with the bell!! You could tell she loved to ring it but she spaced out her rings so that it wasn't annoying. Good job bell ringer.

And before we knew it:

turtle!!

close up!!

I liked these carousel horses that were on a merchandise cart

That little guy has got to be hot. He is doing all that hard work in the heat with his fur.

We chose to explore the land of tomorrow.

Last visit the House of Tomorrow visit in Innoventions had been closed, so that is where we headed now:

It really wasn't that great. We like Epcot's house of the future in Innoventions because there are things inside that you can actually get right now and would make your house a little bit more green friendly. This one must think that to be the house of the future all you need are 10 computer
screens in each room. It did have amazingly cool kid's bedrooms, I would love the pirate one. They also did a little story time in the pirate bedroom.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #55
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far.

Then it was time to criss cross again back to Splash. Ugh. Too much running around. Before that we did grab ST FPs.

Hello Mr. owl, there isn't any danger up ahead, is there??

We were in the back 2 seats of a log and there were 4 younger girls ahead of us. I felt kind of bad for the 2 in the front seats. The girl right in front of us would splash them with water, and then yell that they couldn't splash back because there were people behind her.

Brian and I managed to just get slightly splashed. The poor two girls in front were absolutely soaked.

Also, what in the world are the song lyrics to Splash?!

How do ya do, pleased to meet you. fine how are you, nice seein you. pretty good show us your bone?! I have no idea.

When we got off the ride we saw this silly old bear!

It was time for a drink! Brian's favorite:

Now last trip I really didn't like the Mint Juleps. I thought it tasted like toothpaste. That one must have been poorly made because this one was delicious. Looks delicious too...I'd like to have one right now.

We also got the 3 count of beignets. Which I can't pronounce. Even after 4 years of high school french and 2 semesters of college. Goooo School!! Actually, I had a really good french teacher. I just can't for the life of me pronounce words in a French accent.

aaand that was how much powdered sugar there was in the bag leftover. So of course I ate a few handfuls, I'm not going to lie.

Maybe sitting still wasn't the best choice, but we were headed out on the...

We asked one of the CMs if we could take our drink on and he said yes. He was happy we asked because he said he'd seen so many guests pitch drinks in the trash before they got on because they assumed they weren't allowed to take them on.

Here I am trying to get another self picture. Brian ruined that one.

Now I'm ruining it and Brian is behaving.

Just can't win.

I liked that the horse's tail moves.

Boo IASW with no water.

We walked by another Jedi Training and stopped to have a rest at a table and watch:

I like the jedi master's hair

Then it was time for our ST FP!!

I love C3PO and his british humor, he is my favorite.

Poor Rex from the original ST got marked 'defective'. Sorry buddy, for what it's worth I enjoyed your Star Tour.

On the particular Star Tour we got the droid opening, the Hoth battle, Leia and then Naboo. We always always get Naboo. Also, Brian is always chosen as the rebel spy. I am not even exaggerating, he was chosen at least 2 times this trip and I think we rode it 3-4 times. They are missing out on an opportunity with me, if I was the rebel spy I'd have to buy the tshirt.

Instead I tried this on:

And we purchased one of these:

I thought it was ok. Maybe we had a bad one but I really don't see what everyone raves about.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #56
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Look! A parade!

We then decided to head over to...

we only had a 10 minute wait until we were off to Monstropolis to help Sully and Mike Wazowski save Boo.

I like this ride a lot and am pleased that Disney is still designed new dark rides. For some weird reason I also like riding through the bathroom and hearing Boo singing, very funny to me.

I'm watching you Wazowski. Always watching.

After that we walked onto the Little Mermaid

Then it was high time to head to Carsland for attempt #2 at seeing the neon lighting.

Get 'er done Mater, get 'er done.

We confirmed with a Luigi's Tires CM that the neon lights up 3 minutes after official sunset. We also noticed that Luigi's was a walk on. Whaaaa?! I thought that didn't happen. So we stood by the entrance to Luigi's and sure enough in about 10 minutes the Sh-boom song came on and slowly, one by one starting with RSR all the neon turned on. Brian and I went for a 'drive' down the street than raced back to Luigi's Tires.

We walked right up to the CM who gave the ride explanation and were on the very next ride.

I know some people don't like this ride but we loved it. You could get up some pretty big speed if you start far enough away. We didn't think it was tough to steer at all.I am pretty bad at bumper cars, I usually get stuck in the corner. Loved these tires!!

We stopped to watch the DJ car for a few minutes:

Next it was time to eat and we had our most questionable meal of the trip: Lucky fortune cookery.

We got the orange chicken and a hot chocolate (it was getting cold again). It was ok food, nothing great.

Then it was time to head back to DL because I wanted to see the parade that we had caught glimpses of before. This was a good time for it since our feet were starting to hurt and we were tired.

We made it to Main Street around 6:30 and saw some open areas on the sidewalk on Main Street so we sat down next to a family with an adorable little girl. We were happy we still had our hot chocolate and took turns warming up our hands with it while we waited.

I've never seen a Disney parade on Main Street before, so I was pretty excited to learn what all the fuss is about. The only parade we usually watch in WDW is the special Halloween parade, and we always watch from Frontierland.

Then the parade began!

As I've said, I really enjoyed all the different movies and characters that were represented here.

Here are a few blurry pictures:

I had no idea these guys were going to be in the parade until I saw them and I was so excited!! For some reason the 3 Caballeros boat ride in Mexico in Epcot is one of my favorite rides and I even have the tshirt for it.

And my favorite, Donald!!

and this was the last picture I got before my camera died. I was not pleased. We figured the batteries died because of all the long exposure pictures that we took during lunch at the Blue Bayou.

Ah well, I quickly got over my sadness and watched the rest of the parade.

Loved it, good job Disneyland.

There was still a little under an hour or so left before park closing, so we fought against the exiting crowds and headed back for some rides!

This was probably our best experience with rides and waits all trip so far!!

We got on Snow White with no wait (I miss the one at WDW, wish they would have kept it), we had a 5 minute wait to suffer through Pinocchio (I am sorry, but that ride is terrifying. except for Gepetto's at the end, so at least there is a happy ending).

We hastened to Tomorrowland and got into the ST wait 3 minutes before park closing.

Our scenario was: droid opening, pod race, ackbar (its a trap!) and Coruscant (wooo, Coruscant has got to be the best ending). And Brian got rebel spy again. Really?!

When we exited ST all the rides were closed so we made our way to Main Street for some quick shopping.

I got a little bag of popcorn to snack on at the hotel and ooohed and aahhed over all the imagineering and art of the parks books (later looked them up on amazon when we got home, might purchase one there, but my local library had a copy of the imagineering one so I'm reading that now

I also stopped to get my birthday button. The CM asked if I wanted my age on the button, I said sure and Brian was like do you really want it on there?? The CM insisted and wrote a 3 and a mickey head for the 0, so I was pleased.

We looked for the Candy Cane shuttle but didn't know where it stopped so we just walked back to the hotel. We went into our room for the first time, we were located in the room nearest to the road on the ground floor. Which was great, no extra walking!

And found a birthday surprise for me!! (and new batteries for the camera)

Figment claimed his bed and settled in:

I think I fell asleep while eating my popcorn, so it was a pretty good end to the day.

Coming up:

Tomorrow we had a WB Studios Tour and we had standby tickets for a taping of the Big Bang Theory!!

Stay tuned to see if we actually get seats.

Also, don't worry, we return to Disney the following day and check into the DLH!!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #57
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

You got to do two things I didn't this trip ... go to Naboo (never been despite about 10 times riding at WDW and DLR) and eat a churro!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #58
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Enjoying your report - you're right, it's fun to read about being there at the same time! (Almost - we didn't get there until Wednesday!) I had no idea the horses had nametags! I used to be a horse nut (still would be, probably, if I didn't have kids to zap all my energy and time ;-) and have had my picture taken with several of them...)

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You got to do two things I didn't this trip ... go to Naboo (never been despite about 10 times riding at WDW and DLR) and eat a churro!

PHXscuba
The churro really wasn't as great as I had imagine.

Ok, I guess if you've never seen the Naboo ending it is pretty sweet. We've managed to see all the scenarios between 2 trips to DL and 2 to WDW. We haven't seen the asteroid field one in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Enjoying your report - you're right, it's fun to read about being there at the same time! (Almost - we didn't get there until Wednesday!) I had no idea the horses had nametags! I used to be a horse nut (still would be, probably, if I didn't have kids to zap all my energy and time ;-) and have had my picture taken with several of them...)
We'll be there Wednesday too! Just wait

Yeah we love the horses. I loved horses when I was little, so I woulda been right there with you.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #60
tbgmom
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far!

The words to the Splash Mountain song are "Pretty good, sure as you're born" if I remember correctly. Of course, my boys would sing your version just because it's wrong. They love the misheard lyrics videos on Youtube!

Mom to 3 boys

Had an amazing 4 days at the DLR April 2013!

DL Oct 1982, WDW Dec 1993- Jan 94 (Christmas trip), DLR Dec 2009 (another Christmas trip), DLR April 2013
tbgmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: