Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #31
smileyk8
DIS Veteran

My husband proposed to me on the castle balcony overlooking fantasyland and it couldn't have been more perfect.

He got me up early saying he wanted to go to early entry and see things before the crowds arrived. I told him off at first for wanting to see the castle when the rides had no queues! It's pretty big on the balcony and no-one else came up. Once upon a Dream was playing in the background! You could definitely dance up there. We actually asked another tourist to take a pic of us in fantasyland with the castle and balcony in the background so we could have that memento. No CMs involved.

Also, think about the bars at Disney hotels. We had some amazing champagne cocktails at sequoia lodge that night after tea at cafe mickey. All lovely!

Good luck with your proposal
Boston Marathon 2009 4hrs 22minsPrincess half marathon 2009 1hour 56mins, 57secs Walt Disney World Marathon 2010 4hrs 7minsRoyal parks half 2010 1:52:19WDW Wine and Dine 2013 1:50:16
smileyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
RobynPrincess
Looking around

My hubby proposed at midnight on New Year's Eve in DLP 4 years ago just gone. He got down on one knee as the fireworks started. It was lovely.

My advice to you would gage get up on that balcony, give someone English your camera and set it to record and not photo (don't tell her that though) and just ask someone to hold and aim it, not to worry about doing anything else and then when she thinks you're going to have a picture together get down on one kee and ask there. Being asked on the castle is way better than in front of it good luck!!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #33
fionaim
Earning My Ears

Red face

How romantic!! That is really lovely!
I am sure whatever you decide to do will blow her away
I had tears in my eyes reading all the ideas- so sweet!!!!!

I am still waiting on my romantic proposal-LOL (have been married 20 years in March) MY DH didn't propose- we just kind of decided to get engaged one Monday night while we were in the local swimming pool

Good Luck whatever option you take- it will be wonderful!!!
Fiona
fionaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #34
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

This is so sweet, and I'm sorry that you haven't found Disney to be very helpful. It must be frustrating, especially as you aren't familiar with the parks etc. But you're an amazing guy for going to all this effort and I'm sure she will be blown away.
When I was there in November, there was a couple in front of us queuing to meet Jack Skellington and Sally (from a Nightmare Before Christmas). When they were posing between the characters, he got down on one knee and proposed! It was amazing, everyone was clapping, the characters were really shocked and delighted too. Turns out (obviously enough) that that is the lucky girl's favourite movie. I was so glad to be there to see it, it was magical, and the characters were so into it even though it shocked them. It's a shame you can't guarantee meeting Cinderella that way UNLESS you go to Auberge, but I think Auberge would be wonderful for your proposal for that reason.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #35
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

I got my DLP proposal in December 2011! DFi woke me up extra early on the morning of my birthday and insisted he wanted to make us the first people into the park. He was true to his word, and rushed us down to the castle whilst it was still dark and no one else was around. We had the whole of the castle to ourselves and Fantasyland was completely empty. He went down on one knee on the balcony and the rest is history!

Even if you keep it simple, and don't get any characters or cms involved, it'll still be hugely memorable and special. I actually appreciated that it was just the two of us! Also worth considering is the castle at the centre of Alice's Curious Labyrinth. The view from the top is amazing - one of the most beautiful places in the park (in my opinion, anyway!).

Tags
paris disneyland, proposal, special occasions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: