Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
paulmc88
Earning My Ears

Thankyou all for the messages

Cinderella is her favourite character yes whats a cm? But thanks for the idea i may try that.

Also the balcony sounds like a good idea but i wanted tto take a picture with the castle in the background

And im planning to take her to the cinderella resturant see if they do champagne with dinner

I just want to try make the day about her feeling like a princess all girls should have that atleast for a day and along comes prince charming ring in hand

I think il have to try disapear when we arrive it was just very disheartening when i called city hall directly and the staff member had no idea how to help
paulmc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #17
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmc88

Cinderella is her favourite character yes whats a cm? But thanks for the idea i may try that.

Also the balcony sounds like a good idea but i wanted tto take a picture with the castle in the background

And im planning to take her to the cinderella resturant see if they do champagne with dinner

I just want to try make the day about her feeling like a princess all girls should have that atleast for a day and along comes prince charming ring in hand

I think il have to try disapear when we arrive it was just very disheartening when i called city hall directly and the staff member had no idea how to help
A cm is a cast member it's what they call their staff.

I hope they reply soon then. DH proposed in WDW in the castle restaurant I agree that all girls should feel like a princess
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #18
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

I hope you are able to sort this out as it sounds lovely.

My DH proposed in front of the DLRP castle while we were the only 2 people in the park. It was wonderful.

We were staying at the Pink Hotel and he went to concierge and explaine his plan but he said they were pretty unhelpful and weren't really fussed with helping lots.

I hope it works out differently and you get some help. At the American parks they'll tailor make engagement packages for you. But they are quite as romantically minded at DLRP.

But whatever you do will be a super special day for you both. So try not to stress about everything having to be to plan and having extra people there and a carriage ride and meal etc sorted.

All you really need is the two of you. Xx

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #19
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

Another suggestion would be to go up to the balcony inside the castle and do it there. You get a great view of fantasy land

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Hannikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmc88 View Post

Here is the menu at Auberge de Cendrillon. If your going to do it there have a word with the CM when you arrive.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
aj2703
Addicted To Disney

Go on you tube and do a search for disney proposals. Most are ones done in the US, my favourite being the caracture ones. Some are ones that have been done in paris too. I have to admit some are quite amazing and origional. :-)
aj2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #22
Disney Princesses LW
Mouseketeer

I like the auberges suggestion,

At this restaurant you can guarantee her favourite Cinderella will be there plus other princesses.

At Auberges they make a big fuss of special occasions plus youd get your champayne and its warm inside etc
I was there in Nov for my daughters 6th birthday and they made such a fuss of her not only did ALL the characters came over to wish her happy birthday but Cinderella and the step sisters all sang happy birthday to her brought her a cake then Cinderella got her up on the dance floor.

Fingers crossed you can be sneaky enough but I would mention your plans at every possible opportunity eg. when you book, mention it again when you check into your hotel, mention it again at City Hall and def when you arrive i the restaurant.

You could then go staright to the castle after the meal to take pictures both in front of castle and inside ...............
Disneyland Paris Feb 2012, Oct 2012 and March 2013
just booked again
Walt Disney World September 2014

Disney Princesses LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
Here is the menu at Auberge de Cendrillon. If your going to do it there have a word with the CM when you arrive.

That's the old menu Changed in November to this one that I put in the restaurant review

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=53

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #24
paulmc88
Earning My Ears

Thanks again everyone

Okay so this is were im up too

Knowhere hmph!

I rang the restaurant booking and they are only open 12-3.30pm that week so now it will have to be a special lunch but hopefully still with characters

I rang my hotel magic circus thinking it was disney owned to find its private and they cant offer any room decorations chocolates etc just champange.

I had an email from the DLP relations telling me all the stuff they cant do an that if i had booked at the main castle suites i could have paid for private meets too late now.

So far im regretting the spontaneous idea of DLP now as there such a let down wish id picked florida now :/

But anyway some ideas here have been a big help
The idea now is to make the whole week full of little fun treats

But the main day im still planning the carriage ride down main street and either propose in the castle on balconies or if a cm can help with a character inside if that fails il go the wishing well outside the castle and propose followed by lunch at cinderllas place hopefully with some champagne also through the week were going into paris so some romantic sight seeing and meals

And at every opportunity in the park id be mentioning the occasion to try get extra special help

Thankyou all for the help its saved the trip.

One last thing does anybody know if we would 1. have the space and 2. privacy and 3. not be thrown out if i decided to be romantic and dance with my princess on a balcony? She loves the old disney style ballroom dancing. It would be the icing on the cake
paulmc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

you definitely won't get thrown out for dancing with your Princess anywhere in the parks - thats lovely and I'm sure you'd probably get a round of applause . You may not have room inside the castle, but you probably would on the balcony (and you definitely would by the wishing well, so many people don't even know it exists).

I'm not sure if a carriage ride up Main St would work with your plans though - the only horse-drawn vehicle at DLP is a tram, the other Main St vehicles are old engines ie a car, a police wagon, a firetruck etc. Theres no "carriage" as such. These vehicles are usually around in the mornings, but usually not very frequent after around 11am.

There is a stationary Princess carriage outside the Auberge de Cendrillon restaurant (where you go for the Princess lunch) - that might be a possibility for your romantic dance or even proposal?

Sorry you're having trouble making this a special Disney proposal, as you've found out DLP doesn't do in-your-face shout-it-out celebrations. I'm sure it will still be a very special day for your girlfriend, as you're putting so much effort into it .

eta - I saw photos from a couple who got engaged at DLP once - he got down on one knee with the ring when they had just reached Minnie on her queued meet n greet - I thought that was fabulous, because they then had the official photographers photos, the CM took photos with the couples camera, and Minnie herself really got into the part, being all excited for them!
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #26
torsie24

Wanted to echo what Elaine has said. It's not a carriage as such, and there's no guarantee it'll be around when you want it there.

This is the tram - it's still lovely, but probably not what you are imagining and it won't be private. And you may have to queue/wait for a ride.

The castle balcony is wide enough to walk along, but I wouldn't say dance. Also it's open to the public so you'll have lots of people trying to squeeze past etc.

I advise you either make sure the first in the park (what my DH did we were lucky and had about 15 minutes with no one else around as it was quiet season) or go for a quieter spot than the Castle if you want to dance etc.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Can I ask, where is the wishing well? Very curious!!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #28
torsie24

It's in the right of the castle as you look at it from Main St.

Sort of between the castle and the castle stage.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #29
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
It's in the right of the castle as you look at it from Main St.

Sort of between the castle and the castle stage.
yes, you can clearly see it if you walk up between the side of the Auberge and the Castle to the entrance to the Christmas shop there. If you look from that walkway towards Main St USA you'll see the wishing well just below you .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Thanks ladies. Must have a look for it as its not ringing a bell.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paris disneyland, proposal, special occasions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: