Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

birthday package?!

i read somewhere something about birthday packages available at DLP what exactly are these? do they still exist or i have misread something? how much are they if they do exist? are they worth it?
xxx
jacobsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

can you recall where you read about it?

I can't say I know anything about a birthday package at DLP .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

There is a Birthday Cake you can purchase in the majority of DLPs resturants for £22.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

must have misread something then, it was on another forum can't think which one right now.

never mind would probably just have resulted in me spending even more on little man lol!
xxx
jacobsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

When we went for DD birthday in March the CM noticed it was her birthday when i was booking the hotel and said I could ring and arrange to have balloons and banners in the room nearer to the time. When I rang they were confused as they had never heard of anything :/ sorry doesn't really help but I have also heard of it.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
MickeysFavouriteGirl
DIS Veteran

DH rang beforehand to ask if we could have some balloons for my birthday (santa fe) they said they'd make a note of it. When we arrived we had a stitch cuddly toy sat on the bed and disney chocolate coins, disney bottled water and a few other disney related refreshments - can't remember what now it was 2yrs ago!

MickeysFavouriteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
samtom
Earning My Ears

Not actually a package. but we went to City Hall to ask for a birthday badge for our son and he got a call from Mickey too which was amazing : )
samtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

When my son was 7, he's 14 now lol. I rang the NPB to ask if there was anything I could purchase, there wasn't but they told me to ring about 5 days before, I did and we ended up with balloons, soft toys, chocolate coins, autograph book and pen and a birthday card signed by mickey and co.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Yes, there is a birthday package available in the Disney hotels. I have only heard of this recently, so maybe this is something new. In the past people have been able to request free birthday balloons to be in their room on arrival, ( in some of the Disney hotels only) and I have also heard of birthday children being given a voucher for a helium balloon, autograph book or a Character pen, but not very often, so this could have stopped or maybe only in New York or Disneyland Hotels.

One of our posters on the TA DLP forum recently sent an email to Sequoia Lodge asking if they could arrange for birthday balloons in the room. This is the reply they received -

We kindly inform you that your special request was well received at the Front Office Department of the Disney's Sequoia Lodge.

As you know, Disneyland Paris strives to provide every Guest with a magical and memorable vacation.

To celebrate your daughter birthday, we can propose you a package to find in the room for 139¬ including:

1 Minnie 22" plush

1 autograph book 20th anniversary

1 pen 20th anniversary

1 pair of lightning gloves 20th anniversary

10 chocolate coins

10 sweets

10 colourful balloons

Happy birthday card

Please find the form to fill up with the advance payment if you are interested.
-----------
139 Euros is a bit steep!

We have certainly had free birthday balloons ( air) and a birthday card in the New York, along with the usual daily chocolate coins on the beds, but maybe Disney are now advertising these birthday packages instead.

To be honest, birthday requests could well depend on the Manager of the hotel, or whoever receives the request by email, phone or letter.

As far as I know, the birthday cakes in resort (usually chocolate) delivered to your restaurant table with candles lit, still cost 25 Euros.

kind regards,

Figgy.

Last edited by Figgygirl; 01-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Figgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: