Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

We did everything together. Our kids were 12 and 16. DD went to 1 thing in the kids club, and found it lame. And DW and I did wine tasting. Other than that, we were together 24/7 for 7 days. DW and I checked out "mom" and "Dad" hats when we got on board, and were our kids friends for 7 days. Our kids discovered we were pretty nice people to hang with.

We have plenty of time alone at home, this was a family vacation.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Shuffleboard!! It's not just for retired people.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #18
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Our kids are some of the ones who don't spend much time in the programming. They like to do specific things and then get picked up, but otherwise, we're all together. We made them go to programming when we did brunch and dinner at Palo and pretty much the rest of the time was family time. And we had a BLAST! Movies, swimming (well, they swam, we watched), dancing, tea with friends (I forget what it was called, but it had Tiana and Ariel), dinner, shows, ice cream, wandering the ship. We never once got bored and we didn't even participate in most of the activities that were offered!

(We have only done two 7-night cruises.)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks

Some of the bathrooms on board are gorgeous! In the bar area on the Fantasy, a CM even told us to look at the men's room after dh made sure it was clear
Yes, I totally agree. I did the same thing.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
Niebz
DIS Veteran

We're big on family time on the cruise and found plenty to do. There's a few things we loved that haven't been mentioned one of them being the open houses in the kids clubs. We did flubber together as a family - it was hilarious and we had a blast. The magic playfloor is fun too when it's offered.

Another one of our favourite things to do is hang out in the D-lounge late in the evening. Our kids are little but they are nighthawks and did fine staying up late. They have family activities going on such as game shows, dancing (often with characters), karaoke, a scavenger hunt, a New Year's Eve party and other fun things. Then we all go back to our room and order late night room service and watch Disney movies on demand till the kids fall asleep. It's our nightly tradition.

We like hanging out in the atrium in the evening to meet with characters, get pictures taken and enjoy the atmosphere and live music or browse the nearby shops.

Of course there's also lots of other stuff to do too like pools, splash areas, sports deck, mini-golf, detective agency, movie theatres, nightly shows, pirate party and other things that our kids barely ever find the time to make it to the kids clubs on their own.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

For us the family activities are the biggest priorit - but sure hope the kids make it into the kids club once or twice during the cruise!!!

It's a little more challenging since wer are travelling with another family. Their two kids are younger and my DD and DS do want to be with them - but it usually means they have to give up some of the activities more appropriate to their ages that they would enjoy. Oh well. The fun of being together with our closest friends more than makes up for it.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

The bathroom thing is fun for adults, too! I have been on the Dream 3 times, and on our last day (last Sunday), I went into a bathroom I hadn't been to before! It cracks me up!
Be sure to see the one up on Deck 12 near Palo...GOLD sinks!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: