Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
3LOVEBUGS
Mouseketeer

Question about Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Thinking about going this year but was not sure if my kids r to young to enjoy it. The are 6,10 and 11. If we went what would they enjoy doing and riding there.

Thank you
Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Here is a link to get you started.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Ride...-For-Kids.aspx

There are also shows that they don't mention such as the Animal Actors show and the Sinbad show. Both parks have play areas, too, that they would like.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOVEBUGS View Post
Thinking about going this year but was not sure if my kids r to young to enjoy it. The are 6,10 and 11. If we went what would they enjoy doing and riding there.

Thank you
My 7-year-old son actually likes Univeral more than Disney. He loves the Sinbad show. Also, their kid rides blow Disney's out of the water..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

We went when my kids were 7, 9, & 11. They all loved IOA, especially the older 2. They're coaster fanatics though, and rode Hulk about 10 times, and Dragons at least 5 times. The youngest was too short for the coasters.

They were a little less crazy about Studios. The older 2 loved Rip Ride Rocket, but otherwise, they were somewhat underwhelmed. May have been because we were on day 6 of the vacation, and had opened and closed every park we'd been to so far.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

We took our daughter at age 8.She loved it so much ( and she is pretty timid about rides), she chose it over Disney for this year
Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Our first trip to UO was when DS was 6.5 and he LOVED it. No one went on the huge coasters, and he and DH didn't go on Forbidden Journey either, but we all still loved it. DS loved being in Wizarding World so very much, and he took full advantage of our hotel express pass and the ability to go on things by himself. (at UO if you're 48" and meet the height of the particular ride you can go by yourself) Well, I went on Hippogriff 14 times in a row with him. On the last ride I saw the sign about 48" (the actual height for Hippogriff is 36"). Later in the day when he wanted to ride the Nuthouse Coaster 15 times, he went alone. I sat on a bench.

We went the second and third times when he was 7, he rode Forbidden Journey that time and loved it. Well, not the "acromantulas", but I don't love them either. I'm the only one in the family who has been on BIG rides so far, like Dragon Challenge and even The Mummy, but they found other things to do and had great fun there. ETA, not true! DS insisted that we go on Rip Ride Rockit, so we went. EEK! Now he's tall enough for *everything* and so I'll get to experience it all, too. (no way I can let him go alone on the big rides, that's a scarier idea than the idea of me riding them!)

We loved UO! It also allows you to have the homework of watching all sorts of new movies. We watched Men In Black and ET before the first visit. DS hasn't seen The Simpsons but still loves the ride. If you're going after Transformers is open and they've seen it, I bet they'll like that. And we are beyond excited for the Despicable Me ride. We went on it when it was Jimmy Neutron and that was great (even though we had never watched that show), so to have the attraction themed to something we love will be great! Oh and Shrek 4D is *hilarious*, in our opinion.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: