Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #31
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

There must be something in the air lately-- I took a total shot in the dark at an invite from a 'friend of a friend' who is a member, and I just got word that we're going Monday for lunch. Woo hoo!!!
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #32
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake View Post
There must be something in the air lately-- I took a total shot in the dark at an invite from a 'friend of a friend' who is a member, and I just got word that we're going Monday for lunch. Woo hoo!!!

That's so cool. This Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej696 View Post
Congrats! We've been fortunate to visit twice for Sunday brunch. Two memories I won't soon forget

I bet Sunday brunch is fabulous. How does the brunch menu vary from the lunch menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I hope you get to go! I think she's pretty amazing and well worth a visit to Club 33.

Congrats Jack, have a great time!

No, not too soon, I was planning what to wear in May and we went in July. LOL

I feel better. I've been tearing through my closet. Guess it depends on the weather. We'll get a locker that day for sure. I get very cold as soon as the sun goes down. Hopefully it'll be fairly warm that day so I can wear a cute skirt.

Can anyone tell me if they run the AC cool inside?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #33
M4travels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Can anyone tell me if they run the AC cool inside?
It is usually quite comfortable, though as with any business glitches can occur. We had dinner a few years back on St. Valentine's Day and the heat was running extremely high. Not a pleasant time that evening, but most other times it is quite comfortable. We are usually there for dinner - don't care for buffet salad bars, myself - and that was our only bad experience with room temperature.

33 is my favorite number!
M4travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #34
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I bet Sunday brunch is fabulous. How does the brunch menu vary from the lunch menu?
The difference on Sunday has nothing to do with food. The meal is exactly the same. The difference is you get a glass of champagne/bubbly wine/sparkling cider and Mickey and Pluto come around.

I actually like lunch better than dinner overall. And I love dinner. But I like the sea food buffet (shrimp, lobster, crab), various other appetizers, soups (always try the soup!) and the various breads and oils. And the desserts are great!
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #35
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4travels View Post
It is usually quite comfortable, though as with any business glitches can occur. We had dinner a few years back on St. Valentine's Day and the heat was running extremely high. Not a pleasant time that evening, but most other times it is quite comfortable. We are usually there for dinner - don't care for buffet salad bars, myself - and that was our only bad experience with room temperature.
Thank you. I prefer warm actually. I run on the cold side. I'm not eating any sort of lunch meat or salad. The chilled seafood and entrees look too good to waste stomach space on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
The difference on Sunday has nothing to do with food. The meal is exactly the same. The difference is you get a glass of champagne/bubbly wine/sparkling cider and Mickey and Pluto come around.

I actually like lunch better than dinner overall. And I love dinner. But I like the sea food buffet (shrimp, lobster, crab), various other appetizers, soups (always try the soup!) and the various breads and oils. And the desserts are great!

Thanks for the info. I've heard that a lot of people prefer the lunch over dinner and I will try the soup for sure. I just read a report where the soup was mushroom. I love soup! And desserts, can't wait for a macaroon. They're my favorite cookie ever.

I'm giddy.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
lorilovesdisney
Club Disney

The soup is definitely fabulous!
lorilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilovesdisney View Post
The soup is definitely fabulous!

Can't wait.

I didn't want to start a new thread but am looking for dinner dress code standards or what is typically worn at dinner, for adults and kids. We'll be doing the park after so we want to be comfortable but within dress code. What do you wear? Your teens? Are nice jeans acceptable? You won't hurt my feelings, just want to know what's appropriate.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #38
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't wait.

I didn't want to start a new thread but am looking for dinner dress code standards or what is typically worn at dinner, for adults and kids. We'll be doing the park after so we want to be comfortable but within dress code. What do you wear? Your teens? Are nice jeans acceptable? You won't hurt my feelings, just want to know what's appropriate.
I don't think jeans are acceptable. We went for brunch and everyone wore slacks/dress pants. I only saw one person in there dressed "down" and he was a CM.

I think you should have received a sheet from Club 33 w/the rules on there...did you get that? Maybe someone has a pic of it somewhere.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #39
M4travels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From the confirmation sent from Club 33:
DINNER: If guests have been enjoying the day in Disneyland® Resort parks, evening casual attire is acceptable for dinner.

For gentlemen, collared shirts and trousers are appropriate; for women, an informal dress or pant with blouse are appropriate.

Jeans are acceptable, provided that they cover undergarments and are not extremely faded or torn. Shorts, however, are not permitted for dinner.

Shoes are required to be worn at all times.

CHILDREN: Appropriate dress for children and young adults is required.

You will see a wide variety of dress from park attire to men in jackets and women in dressy things to jeans. As long as you keep to the dress code above, you will be fine. There was a time when they specifically mentioned sandals and they required that a back strap hold the sandal on the foot. I see it's no longer there, but I believe it is still required if you will be wearing a dressy sandal. I did have guests that were required to replace their sandals with other shoes.

Enjoy!

Michael

33 is my favorite number!

Last edited by M4travels; 03-28-2013 at 07:09 PM.
M4travels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: