Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee
One thing DBF and I were not prepared for, and it made me feel bad, was that EVERY TIME you got up, for whatever reason, your server re-folded your napkin and placed it back on your chair. I felt bad, I tried to hurry back to my seat a few times, but he always beat me. Next time, I will take my napkin with me!!
A new one will be waiting for you upon your return.

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #17
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
I agree with checking out the ladies room, and of course, with getting out on the balcony.

One thing DBF and I were not prepared for, and it made me feel bad, was that EVERY TIME you got up, for whatever reason, your server re-folded your napkin and placed it back on your chair. I felt bad, I tried to hurry back to my seat a few times, but he always beat me. Next time, I will take my napkin with me!!
I made a game of watching to see how quickly they could refold my napkin for me, they are quick! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
A new one will be waiting for you upon your return.
And yes, when you come back you will have a new napkin, I saw this happen a couple of times. LOL We were seated by 2 larger tables and one of the ladies near me said "I'm taking my napkin so I can wipe off the tongs for the crab, they are cold and wet" So, she took her napkin and within seconds she had a new clean one at her table. lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #18
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDisneyFam View Post
Very jealous. Have fun. I love hearing about every ones Club 33 experiences

I'm hoping to have a generous person host my wife and I in December for my wife's 30th. Although we'll most likely end up at Napa.

That would be so fun. I hope you can go too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
It is pretty amazing. I was gifted a visit for DD's 16th birthday, we went on her birthday for lunch, it was a Sunday so we had a visit from Mickey and Pluto, who made a big deal of her birthday button and they took pictures. We also had a free glass of champagne (for me) and a free glass of sparkling cider (for her), it was pretty neat to be able to drink in DL. lol I surprised her completely, she had no idea we were going, I told her I wanted to take a picture of her with the Club 33 sign so we could "post it on FB and tell people we ate there" LOL and then I told her to ring the bell and she freaked out. LOL We were both wearing nicer shirts (I told her I wanted to dress nicely for her birthday) with capris and tennis shoes. We had no issues being admitted at all, I was a little worried because her capris had slightly distressed areas of her capris but no holes so no skin was showing, if she had worn anything like that I would have asked her to change. But they do take the dress code seriously, when we were ringing the bell someone else came up behind us, she had been turned away because she was wearing flip flops, they made her go buy actual shoes. lol
The food was amazing, the seafood buffet was delicious, the service was perfect, we couldn't have asked for better and for dessert they brought out a Happy Birthday mousse, which we could hardly eat but it was so good. LOL If you don't eat everything get a to go box, leftovers are good too
I do agree with looking around and making sure you do go to the Ladies room, it's very interesting. LOL And most of all, take your time and enjoy yourself.

I will, thank you! We're planning on lunch being a majority of our afternoon if not all of it. I can eat more if I eat slow. I have poured through photos and the seafood looks so good.

What a fantastic birthday gift for your DD! Right now my kids cannot believe I'd go without them. I didn't know we could take a to go box. Thanks for the tip. I must have a macaroon or 5. They're my all time favorite cookie.

We will dress appropriately for sure. Not only would I de if I got turned away, I'd never want to embarrass our host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Congratulations!! Very, very excited for you!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
Very nice...congrats....a birthday to remember!

Yes! Its also my friend's birthday. She'll be 37 and I'll be 44. We're so excited to enjoy a great birthday lunch with each other and friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLandmomof1 View Post
What an awesome gift! We've only been inside the door when we were on the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour. Only made it into the elevator. Never upstairs.

I hope that you share a trip report after your visit. Have a great time!

I will for sure share my report. I am going to take a ton of photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpkb View Post
I know exactly how you feel~because I never thought I'd get to go, and I got an invite last week!!! Woo hoo!!! When are you going? We're not able to go until 3/23, but it will be lunch, which we hear is better (and better if you have picky eaters, like I do!). Good to know they have 'to go boxes'... I'll have to plan for that!

You did? Awesome! We're going the second week of March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
I agree with checking out the ladies room, and of course, with getting out on the balcony.

I'm all over the ladies room. I need to see it in person. The commode looks interesting. I like to be spoiled a little- sounds heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwlms View Post
I am so jealous and happy for you all at the same time!!! I am also one that takes my picture in front of the 33 and looks wistfully inside when the door happens to open. My DH works for AT&T and in less than 10 years he will hit that anniversary mark that is supposed to get us a trip inside. Not that I'm counting days or anything, cough, cough,- approximately 3,407.

I do that every time too. And 3,407? I am all about countdowns no matter how long they are.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What a fantastic birthday gift for your DD! Right now my kids cannot believe I'd go without them. I didn't know we could take a to go box. Thanks for the tip. I must have a macaroon or 5. They're my all time favorite cookie.

We will dress appropriately for sure. Not only would I de if I got turned away, I'd never want to embarrass our host.
Ya, I was really worries about embarrassing out hosts as well, I must have asked her a million questions about the dress code. LOL DD had no idea at all, I was so excited to be able to surprise her because Club 33 was on her bucket list and I knew it. She is a HUGE Disney fan, she's already planning on going to DLRP for her honeymoon and has started to plan it. When I told her to ring the bell she didn't believe me and said "Mom, they might kick us out!" I said "No, really, ring the bell" she started at me for a minute and said "Oh.My.GEEEEEEEEEEE" and rang it, when they asked for a name she gave them mine and the lady said "welcome to Club 33", DD cried. LOL It was pretty much amazing. I will never be able to repay my benefactor and I can only hope that she knows how much I appreciate what she did for DD and myself that day.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #20
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Awesome for you! My brother got to go a couple years ago (friend of a friend of his wife or something?) and I would love to someday. It's one of those Disney things that only people "in the know" value.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Ya, I was really worries about embarrassing out hosts as well, I must have asked her a million questions about the dress code. LOL DD had no idea at all, I was so excited to be able to surprise her because Club 33 was on her bucket list and I knew it. She is a HUGE Disney fan, she's already planning on going to DLRP for her honeymoon and has started to plan it. When I told her to ring the bell she didn't believe me and said "Mom, they might kick us out!" I said "No, really, ring the bell" she started at me for a minute and said "Oh.My.GEEEEEEEEEEE" and rang it, when they asked for a name she gave them mine and the lady said "welcome to Club 33", DD cried. LOL It was pretty much amazing. I will never be able to repay my benefactor and I can only hope that she knows how much I appreciate what she did for DD and myself that day.

That's exactly how I feel. I can't convey my thanks enough. I love that your DD was so happy she cried. I'm sure I'll bawl like a baby after we are let in. My good friend's hubby just got a job at Disneyland Paris and they relocated about 3 months ago. His job is scheduled for 5 years so I'm hoping we make it over during their stay. Your DD sounds very sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Awesome for you! My brother got to go a couple years ago (friend of a friend of his wife or something?) and I would love to someday. It's one of those Disney things that only people "in the know" value.

PHXscuba

I totally agree. I put in on my Facebook and got emails asking me what it is.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #22
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

We are headed there again next month, 30th anniversary, I am so lucky to have such a wonderful wife and a wonderful benefactor that allows us the priveledge to go again.

Jack

Last edited by blackjackdelta; 01-12-2013 at 12:13 PM.
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney

I was so close to going but the wonderful person who hosts the lunch had to change his travel plans. Someday maybe....
Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
We are headed there again next month, 30th anniversary, I am so lucky to have such a wonderful wife and a wonderful benefactor that allows us the priveledge to go again.

Jack

That's awesome Jack! And Happy Anniversary. Please share your photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
I was so close to going but the wonderful person who hosts the lunch had to change his travel plans. Someday maybe....

I hope you can schedule it again.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Rentayenta!

I've seen you around on the DVC boards. Congrats!

We were lucky enough to go once a few years ago for Brunch...I posted lots of pictures and my review on Yelp. PM me if you want the link =)
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Rentayenta!

I've seen you around on the DVC boards. Congrats!

We were lucky enough to go once a few years ago for Brunch...I posted lots of pictures and my review on Yelp. PM me if you want the link =)

I would love the link, thank you.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love the link, thank you.
I PM'ed it to you. BTW when I responded I had no intentions of asking for a small favor...but as you will see, I did
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #28
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108

I PM'ed it to you. BTW when I responded I had no intentions of asking for a small favor...but as you will see, I did
Thanks for the link. I PMd you back.

Is it too soon to decide what I'll wear?

Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #29
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Congrats! We've been fortunate to visit twice for Sunday brunch. Two memories I won't soon forget

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #30
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
That's exactly how I feel. I can't convey my thanks enough. I love that your DD was so happy she cried. I'm sure I'll bawl like a baby after we are let in. My good friend's hubby just got a job at Disneyland Paris and they relocated about 3 months ago. His job is scheduled for 5 years so I'm hoping we make it over during their stay. Your DD sounds very sweet.

I totally agree. I put in on my Facebook and got emails asking me what it is.
I hope you get to go! I think she's pretty amazing and well worth a visit to Club 33.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post

Jack
Congrats Jack, have a great time!

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I PMd you back.

Is it too soon to decide what I'll wear?
No, not too soon, I was planning what to wear in May and we went in July. LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: