Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

BWI to BWV nervous about room condition

We have stayed twice at BWI. Once in November we booked a regular standard view room and got pixie dust at check in to a pool view and a bigger corner room with a queen sleeper instead of just a daybed. Last week we stayed CL in the Deluxe room (AHHHmazzzing!!!!) We are now booked for a 1br villa and I am so nervous after having two awesome rooms and stays on the inn side that I will not be happy on the villa side? Is it really as "outdated", worn out as I have been reading? I see it is bigger than the deluxe room at a little over 700 sq ft to the deluxe 644 sq ft.

I keep checking to see if either BLT 1br or the Deluxe CL room are available but no luck yet.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
We have stayed twice at BWI. Once in November we booked a regular standard view room and got pixie dust at check in to a pool view and a bigger corner room with a queen sleeper instead of just a daybed. Last week we stayed CL in the Deluxe room (AHHHmazzzing!!!!) We are now booked for a 1br villa and I am so nervous after having two awesome rooms and stays on the inn side that I will not be happy on the villa side? Is it really as "outdated", worn out as I have been reading? I see it is bigger than the deluxe room at a little over 700 sq ft to the deluxe 644 sq ft.

I keep checking to see if either BLT 1br or the Deluxe CL room are available but no luck yet.
Good grief, I read this all the time. Please ignore the "dated" comments about the DVC villas. Sometimes I just don't understand people who haven't stayed there before and they make these "dated" comments. That's their theming. They are meant to look like Gramma's beach house at the shore. But the theming is different between the villas and the hotels because member fees pay for all the renovations at the villas since they are a timeshare and are meant to be 100% occupied all the time. So they are a little more flowery and fluffy than the hotel rooms.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Robbi
DIS Veteran

BWV are wonderful and are also in great condition. We were there several months ago and everything was beautiful.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

We stayed in a 2BR standard view at BWV in June. DH said it was by far the best place we have stayed at Disney (which includes multiple trips to Poly and Beach Club). We loved the location, and the villa was in great shape. Sleeper sofas were very comfortable. It seems that the dryer was slow to dry, but I can't remember for certain. We had a nice view of fireworks from our balcony.

I do like the decor of the Inn side a little better, but the villa was in great shape - it wasn't worn at all.
StitchandPooh'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

We loved our 1 Bdr Villa 2 Bdr Villas! So bright and clean! Never once did "outdated" cross my mind.
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP,
2014-POP,

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

ty!! i was nervous as I used the search button and saw people had a few issues with mold etc. I had a horrible experience at ssr with that and do not want that hassle again!
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for clearing this up. We are getting ready to take the villa plunge, but I was thinking of staying at BLT just because of its relatively recent completion. Now. I am thinking that the choice will be either BWV or BCV
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
Thanks for clearing this up. We are getting ready to take the villa plunge, but I was thinking of staying at BLT just because of its relatively recent completion. Now. I am thinking that the choice will be either BWV or BCV
I think you'll be happy with anyone! ALl three are in great locations.

BCV is my fav villa I have stayed at so far!

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

We stay in BWV 2 bedroom standard view every year for our September trip(since 2006). We love it and have never had one single complaint about our room. This year we are switching to BCR for a spontanious May trip staying on the hotel side not the villa side since there will only be 3 of us as opposed to our usual 7. I am actually nervous about switching out of the villas I have always stayed in every year to the hotel.

You will love the BWV and especially the space of a 1 bedroom.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I don't know how many people you have but with a 1 bedroom you will have a king bed in the master and a queen sofabed in the living room.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
DEA
DIS Veteran

DW and I stayed in a 1BR BWV in 2011 for F&W. It was probably the most beautiful room in which I've stayed at WDW. Light, airy, clean, and in great shape.

DIS Dads Member #432

Last edited by DEA; 01-09-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Wrong year
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #12
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

The BWVs received new paint, carpet, drapes, etc. about 2-3 years ago. When we were there a year ago, they looked great. Some of the comments you're seeing may have been prior to the cosmetic face lift. We like the one-bedroom villa as we enjoy the full kitchen, split bathrooms and separate living room. We only stay in a one-bedroom with two people, however, as we consider it well nigh impossible to sleep on the sofa bed, having tried it once.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: