Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info DS will definitely have to be forward facing, he would make the trip unbearable if he couldn't see us! Irish law is once they meet the weight requirement of 20lbs or once they turn 9 months, whichever comes first. Although DS was 20lbs at 7 months we left him rear facing until it just was no longer possible. Car trips were horrible and I generally walked everywhere rather than listen to the screaming! I think we have came up with a solution to the problem of the car seat - we are going to buy a less expensive version of the one we have which we are familiar with and bring that with us. If its still perfect when we get home I can use the "good" seat for my car and DH can keep the other one for his car
Still stuck for what to do about a crib though!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
holbie18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
As for gate checking our car seat, as we are gate checking our stroller we would have to pay to bring the car seat and it gets messy as we're not flying direct.
We were thinking of renting a car seat from the car company if it wasnt too much money, I wouldnt mind using the rented seat for an hour until we got to the shop to buy the carseat.
I am pretty sure strollers and car seats do not count towards your baggage allowance. I would look into that if I were you. I have flown and never had a problem checking thise items. Call your airline to confirm.

In regards to a pack and play - I would just order one online and have it delivered to your hotel. Could you get the car seat shipped to the rental car agency?

Also, Even though it is a big hassle I have always brought my own car seats. Yes, they are big. But at least I know their history and know how to install them. You could always buy a Go-go baby to put the car seat on wheels through the airport if you did not want to check it. Then it could be gate checked if you wanted to.
holbie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holbie18
I am pretty sure strollers and car seats do not count towards your baggage allowance. I would look into that if I were you. I have flown and never had a problem checking thise items. Call your airline to confirm.

In regards to a pack and play - I would just order one online and have it delivered to your hotel. Could you get the car seat shipped to the rental car agency?

Also, Even though it is a big hassle I have always brought my own car seats. Yes, they are big. But at least I know their history and know how to install them. You could always buy a Go-go baby to put the car seat on wheels through the airport if you did not want to check it. Then it could be gate checked if you wanted to.
Thanks I've emailed our Tour Op as I have a couple of flight related questions but no reply yet. I hope the car seat doesnt count towards our luggage, we're not flying direct you see. We are flying Dublin to London Gatwick then onto Orlando so I need to check with two airlines. Gate checking sounds like a good option especially for the first leg so at least I know the seat will make it to MCO!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
adisneymama
DIS Veteran

Since 2 of you are ticketed passengers you should each be able to gate check one item. So you check the stroller and dh checks the car seat. Some airlines will even allow you to use the car seat on the plane if it is not full even though you have not paid for a ticket for ds. You would just need to ask at the gate. If not able to then just gate check it.
adisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 AM   #20
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneymama
Since 2 of you are ticketed passengers you should each be able to gate check one item. So you check the stroller and dh checks the car seat. Some airlines will even allow you to use the car seat on the plane if it is not full even though you have not paid for a ticket for ds. You would just need to ask at the gate. If not able to then just gate check it.
Thank you for that! I'll check with my TA and hopefully the airline we fly with will allow us to do this! It would be ideal if they do!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: