Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #31
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneredbycorn

The 3G is a classic soft, structured carrier and has a lot of padding so it is great for wearing for long periods of time. Because of the padding, it is a little bulky and doesn't pack up easily (they have made it though so if your baby isn't in it, you can clip it around your waist until you need it again). The 3G would be great if you do not want to use a stroller.

On the flip side, the Air has no padding at all, but it packs up into itself in a very small bundle that I can easily fit in my bag. The Air is very comfortable, but I wouldn't want to wear it all day. It would be good for times when the baby will be in and out of the carrier. The Air would be a great option if you were to take a stroller and only wear in lines, on rides, or on the bus/monorail/boat.
Thanks for that I just got a great deal on an Ergo Sport. Does anyone know what these are like? I have the Boba 3G which I love but I've fallen in love with wearing DS and think I'm becoming an addict for shopping for new ways to wear him lol!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #32
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom

Thanks for that I just got a great deal on an Ergo Sport. Does anyone know what these are like? I have the Boba 3G which I love but I've fallen in love with wearing DS and think I'm becoming an addict for shopping for new ways to wear him lol!
I said it was addicting. I have a regular ergo that I like. The sport the material is more breathable. Not as thin as boba air but less material than a regular one. The thing with boba is it has a higher back panel. My 2 yr old dd has gotten too tall for the ergo so I am going to be buying a boba. Also a more manly pattern for DH. They have a camo one now. I have aslo looked at doing a wrap conversion mei tai but the cost is out of my range right now. That way I can have it customized to what I want. You can leave any ssc buckled around your waist and just let it hang while baby is out. I do the same thing. Me and my local babywearing friends call it the boba/ergo apron look. Lol. I have started wearing wraps which is another great alternative. Different patterns and materials for different uses.
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
auralia
DIS Veteran

I don't like my ergo at all. It is too hard to get a bigger child in it alone and it is not comfortable at all. The chest strap is in a very uncomfortable place for me.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #34
Sheaboys
DIS Veteran

I used the standard Snugli, for all 5 of mine. For ds5, some lent me a wrap, which was great when he was sitting, it was easy to carry him on the hip that way.

Snugli worked well for newborns facing in, a few months facing out, turned them back in to me to nap, on the back when they are older. I had it down to a science. Since with 5 kids and mostly just me at museums, grocery store or parks with the kids, I became an expert at getting a baby in and out of it in record time.

Mom to 5 little boys
WDW-various days during the 70's and 80's as a child. DisneyLand-July 1991, DisneyWorld-April 1992 offsite
Caribbean Beach-June 1995 honeymoon, All Stars Sports-December 1998, All Star Movies- November 2000 (me, my mom and the 2 boys) DTD Hotel - May 2001, All Star Movies-September 2001 (me, the 2 boys and my girlfriend), Disneyland-December 2003 (us and the 3 boys), POR-October 2nd-8th 2005 (us and the 3 boys)Caribbean Beach-August 25, 2012-September 2,2012
POR-August 2014 (16th-26th)

(dh43) (me 42) (15)(13)(11)(7) (5)
Sheaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #35
airis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneredbycorn

On the other hand though, if someone likes wrapping, an option for an older baby would be a woven wrap. You can buy them online for quite a lot, but I've been able to make a handful of my own for hardly anything by just buying the material or even buying tablecloths and cutting/sewing/hemming as needed. Wovens are also better at temperature regulation (warm in the cold, cool in the heat).

For me, wrapping is the most comfortable for babywearing, but the actual act of wrapping is a pain because of the the length of the fabric. For something like Disney, unless I had a really young baby (I personally feel more comfortable wrapping the wee ones, it holds them closer and more snug), I would definitely use my Boba 3G and BobaAir, depending on what we're doing at the time (lots of walking and strolling around = 3G).
I actually wrapped my 27mo for a long walk today in my garnet pfau. We don't usually wrap anymore but he's actually sometimes asking for "up on back" sometimes when he's tired. I've always found wrapping to be very comfortable but I don't know if I'd want to mess with it at wdw.

Btw, one of me 3 keeper wraps is a dolcino I got nip for $80 so they're not always super expensive though pretty much never super cheap.
airis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #36
Sarah_Rose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airis View Post
I actually wrapped my 27mo for a long walk today in my garnet pfau. We don't usually wrap anymore but he's actually sometimes asking for "up on back" sometimes when he's tired. I've always found wrapping to be very comfortable but I don't know if I'd want to mess with it at wdw.

Btw, one of me 3 keeper wraps is a dolcino I got nip for $80 so they're not always super expensive though pretty much never super cheap.

You used the word 'pfau' ... and now I've found my people.

We're going in a couple weeks and I've been making my carrier list. First are the two mei tais that I made:

Minnie for my daughter

And Nemo for my son

For buckle carriers, I'm bringing my standard Kinderpack and my wrap conversion toddler Ocah.

And then the woven wraps... Definitely Natibaby Africa (it has an African savanna design on it so its perfect for AK! Lol) - it's a linen blend so it's supportive but light and cool. If the weather is cooler, I'll bring a wool blend wrap, if its hotter I'll bring Vatanai Igloolik, which is very thin and cool. I might throw in one more for variety.

So apparently I'm one of those babywearers who needs a suitcase just for my carriers!

Fort Wilderness May 2014, Inaugural DOPEY CHALLENGE 2014, AoA February 2013, DLR (Christmas trip!) December 2011, DLR (DL Half Marathon) September 2011, AKL Kidani (WDW Half Marathon) 2011, CSR and the GOOFY 2010, WL and the WDW Half Marathon 2009 (2:29), Disneyland Resort Paris 2007, Off-Site 2006, ASMu 2002, Dixie Landings 2000
Sarah_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #37
airis
Earning My Ears

Awww Nemo is adorable! I'm afraid I never did get any customs and with my baby wearing days winding down its something I will never do. I hear you about the suitcase for carriers though. When I took the boys to Ca to visit grandparents when DS2 was 5mo I took five carriers ... And that was before I really got into woven wraps! Now I'm selling back to my keepers though.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #38
airis
Earning My Ears

I had a long reply typed and my phone ate it .

Nemo is just adorable. I think one more thing I want to try as our wrapping days are winding down is a nice MT. We have a Kozy which is a nice workhorse but not as nice
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #39
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_Rose

You used the word 'pfau' ... and now I've found my people.

We're going in a couple weeks and I've been making my carrier list. First are the two mei tais that I made:

Minnie for my daughter

And Nemo for my son

For buckle carriers, I'm bringing my standard Kinderpack and my wrap conversion toddler Ocah.

And then the woven wraps... Definitely Natibaby Africa (it has an African savanna design on it so its perfect for AK! Lol) - it's a linen blend so it's supportive but light and cool. If the weather is cooler, I'll bring a wool blend wrap, if its hotter I'll bring Vatanai Igloolik, which is very thin and cool. I might throw in one more for variety.

So apparently I'm one of those babywearers who needs a suitcase just for my carriers!
I love love love the Minnie mei tai!!!

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #40
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Those are adorable MTs. I am glad to hear about the Vatinia that is one I have on my list of wraps. And since we live in FL it will be perfect.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #41
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Oh my gosh those MTs are adorable. Dh and I are both baby wearers (we take turns) we took DS#2 to DL at 7 months and wore him almost exclusively. But it was only a high of 70 every day. At WDW in Sept it was in the 90s and just too hot for the Ergo during the day. But at night time it was perfect and he would sleep.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #42
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I have a BabyHawke Mei Tai that I've used since ds was probably about 4 weeks and a Boba that I've had since he was 5 months. I still use the Mei Tai most often, but I do like both of them (he's 14mo now).

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #43
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh those MTs are so cute!!!!

We're Irish and there are not many baby wearers in my area. I get looks like I'm crazy when I wear DS and DH has started wearing him recently and hes noticed it too lol. I wish there were more stores around here for baby wearers! As it is I bought my Boba online based on reviews, so I was so relieved that I liked it! I want to pick up another carrier while I'm in the US in May - can anyone recommend what stores I can shop for carriers while I'm there?

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #44
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom

We're Irish and there are not many baby wearers in my area. I get looks like I'm crazy when I wear DS and DH has started wearing him recently and hes noticed it too lol. I wish there were more stores around here for baby wearers! As it is I bought my Boba online based on reviews, so I was so relieved that I liked it! I want to pick up another carrier while I'm in the US in May - can anyone recommend what stores I can shop for carriers while I'm there?
Actually we have to buy them online too. The only carrier I have seen in store is ergo and babies r us sells it. Now target and BRU sells the ecosash (MT) from infantino. I have both and love them. But I did get my ergo online. Now with baby wearing becoming so popular a lot of the consignment stores are selling them.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #45
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post

Some speciality baby shops sell carriers and wraps, but I have no idea if there is one near Disney.

I buy everything online as well. paxbaby.com

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: