Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Here is a couple of links I found about using SSC and MTs with young babies. You can do it its just not recommended.

http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com...orn_to_5months

http://wrapyourbaby.com/newbornwrapping.html
Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

I can't imagine taking a baby to WDW and not babywearing. Our last 3 trips we've had a 14 month old, an 11 month old, and a 5 month old. My Ergo was a lifesaver. It's by far the easiest way to hold a baby in line, and it's great on the rides, too.

I rode the carousel once with the baby in a sling and had no problems. In fact, DH was working that day, so it was just me with my boys ages 9, 8, 5, 2, and 5 months. I thought I'd have to sit with the baby on the bench, but the attendant made me stand next to my 2 year old, even with the baby on me. I asked him about it, and he said it was fine. I was glad it worked because I was going to be outnumbered if I had to sit with the baby and have someone hold onto the 2 year old. I would have had to make my oldest ride on the seat with the baby.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
airis
Earning My Ears

I would recommend against a moby wrap for a toddler. I've found they're not supportive enough after 15-18lbs imo. I've heard lots of good things about the Boba though. I would suggest learning to back carry if you don't already and being able to get him up and down without help. I would also recommend making sure you have a carrier that he can fall asleep in without horrendous head droop. If he's big you might want to look online for a toddler sized carrier for the added body height. I frequently take the boys to the playground at our mall then put my toddler on my back and preschooler in the stroller so they both fall asleep. I've carried him for hours fairly comfortably.

If you're looking for another carrier, I would suggest checking out a mei tai style. They can be pretty inexpensive up to very expensive. Create an account on thebabywearer if you haven't already and look at their forums .. they have a for sale or trade forum too that can be very addictive.

My youngest is a bit over 2 now and I still carry him . mostly in a Kozy MT or a Bamberoo SSC but we still sometimes wrap. I don't carry too often any more though cause he's a hair puller.

I will probably be picking up a toddler sized SSC if we end up doing wdw in october.
airis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #19
rizzo0904
Mouseketeer

I have an Oh Snap. I wore my 27 month old around Disneyland back in May. He took a nice long nap in there. They would not let me on any rides with him in the carrier though...not even Small World. I was so glad I brought it with us though and he's really tiny so I'll bring it to WDW when we go in September...He'll be 3.5.
rizzo0904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

I used my Ergo ALOT on our trip last Dec. DD was 11 months old and cruising but not yet walking. It was a life saver.
I kept her in it on most rides. We took her out on Dumbo, but I can't remember if that was our choice or not.

I love my Ergo. Once DD was walking she wouldn't stay in the carrier anymore.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #21
Habbott
Mouseketeer

We plan on taking our Beco Butterfly II for my 2.5 year old in a few weeks. I'm sure he'll enjoy being able to see more from our backs than a stroller (which we'll also be taking).

On a side note, I've heard awesome things about this brand from baby wearing friends. . They have a toddler version.
Habbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
Misti315
Mouseketeer

I willbe using my Ergo carrier most likely, but I love my mei tai as well. My son is 19 mths old but only 18 lbs.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

I've been baby wearing since my daughter was a baby, wish I knew about it when I had my 1st.....it makes life so much easier!! I cringe when I see someone carrying an infant carseat into a store, lol. I'm still wearing my 14 month old and will when we go to disneyworld in the spring. He was 4 months old when we went last year and I of course wore him....at that age he slept most of the time and what was great is I figured out how to nurse while he was in the carrier so I never really stopped to sit. I have a moby that I used when he was a little baby but ordered a beco before our vacation and have used that ever since. Love it!

I'll be checking out your blog. Thanks for sharing your story.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #24
mccathy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
I'

I'll be checking out your blog. Thanks for sharing your story.
Thanks... you may have to poke around a bit to get the entire story... but my guy is doing so well... also... the postings have dropped since this baby was born!

And to everyone else - thanks for all your input... glad to hear so many people wear their babies - I've never noticed before! Now... to figure out how to nurse in the carrier!

My five year old had his kindergarten vaccines - two weeks later he suffered a stroke. You can read more here: http://lifeinasmallhouse.blogspot.co...ening-can.html

1980 My First Trip to DW - no idea - I was only 3!
1992 High School Band Trip - off site
2001 Honeymoon - off site
Oct. 2008 Caribbean Beach with Friends
Feb. 2009 Boardwalk - Our First Trip "Home"
March 2010 Beach Club - 10th Anniversary Getaway
June 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Special trip with my mom, sister, and boys!
Sept. 2012 Caribbean Beach with the in-laws - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
mccathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccathy View Post
Thanks... you may have to poke around a bit to get the entire story... but my guy is doing so well... also... the postings have dropped since this baby was born!

Glad to hear he's doing good!! I went to it real quick but the baby was up, so I didn't get to read anything. I delay and refuse certain vaccines and hearing stuff like this makes me not want to give any! Scary.

And to everyone else - thanks for all your input... glad to hear so many people wear their babies - I've never noticed before! Now... to figure out how to nurse in the carrier!

So many parents use carriers at disneyworld. It was actually refreshing seeing it! Parents who don't really don't know what they're missing. It really is so much easier. I figured out nursing on the 1st night there. We went to Epcot to watch the light show and he got hungry. I unclipped 1 side and moved the carrier over and fed him. Kind of hard to explain but it worked out good.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #26
mccathy
DIS Veteran

We've always delayed.... but never picked and choose which vaccines. Now with this baby we're not doing anything for at least a year... and then we'll be picking and choosing based on Dr. Sear's The Vaccine Book. When I had my first baby eight years ago I never realized that I could say "no."

My five year old had his kindergarten vaccines - two weeks later he suffered a stroke. You can read more here: http://lifeinasmallhouse.blogspot.co...ening-can.html

1980 My First Trip to DW - no idea - I was only 3!
1992 High School Band Trip - off site
2001 Honeymoon - off site
Oct. 2008 Caribbean Beach with Friends
Feb. 2009 Boardwalk - Our First Trip "Home"
March 2010 Beach Club - 10th Anniversary Getaway
June 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Special trip with my mom, sister, and boys!
Sept. 2012 Caribbean Beach with the in-laws - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
mccathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccathy View Post
We've always delayed.... but never picked and choose which vaccines. Now with this baby we're not doing anything for at least a year... and then we'll be picking and choosing based on Dr. Sear's The Vaccine Book. When I had my first baby eight years ago I never realized that I could say "no."
Yeah I know...with my 1st we did whatever the doctor said. With my daughter, we've refused certain ones. With my baby, he hasn't had any yet. We're going to wait until at least 2 years old when I feel his body can handle it. And we never give more then 1 at a time. Which is how it should be done so that way just in case something happens, you know what caused it.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 01-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airis
I would recommend against a moby wrap for a toddler. I've found they're not supportive enough after 15-18lbs imo.
On the other hand though, if someone likes wrapping, an option for an older baby would be a woven wrap. You can buy them online for quite a lot, but I've been able to make a handful of my own for hardly anything by just buying the material or even buying tablecloths and cutting/sewing/hemming as needed. Wovens are also better at temperature regulation (warm in the cold, cool in the heat).

For me, wrapping is the most comfortable for babywearing, but the actual act of wrapping is a pain because of the the length of the fabric. For something like Disney, unless I had a really young baby (I personally feel more comfortable wrapping the wee ones, it holds them closer and more snug), I would definitely use my Boba 3G and BobaAir, depending on what we're doing at the time (lots of walking and strolling around = 3G).

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Whats the difference between the Boba 3G and the Boba Air?

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom
Whats the difference between the Boba 3G and the Boba Air?
The 3G is a classic soft, structured carrier and has a lot of padding so it is great for wearing for long periods of time. Because of the padding, it is a little bulky and doesn't pack up easily (they have made it though so if your baby isn't in it, you can clip it around your waist until you need it again). The 3G would be great if you do not want to use a stroller.

On the flip side, the Air has no padding at all, but it packs up into itself in a very small bundle that I can easily fit in my bag. The Air is very comfortable, but I wouldn't want to wear it all day. It would be good for times when the baby will be in and out of the carrier. The Air would be a great option if you were to take a stroller and only wear in lines, on rides, or on the bus/monorail/boat.

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: